We can win this comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
two different players as well. Farrar is more of a ball player and not a fullback. Apples to oranges.

Farrar also looks pretty small. He tries hard but gets smashed.

That said he has been great this year and I will be sad that he wont be a regular part of the team next year

while i feel happy we have won & are on the right track im still weary though, i wont feel safe till we playing the game to get to the GF..then  i will have that feeling we can take this at moment though im just taking it 1 game at a time,, no jinxing us by saying we will win the comp when we still have 5 rounds to go of the normal season..  we can win this comp thread should have come up when we have won our 1st semi final game & we having a week off, then maybe i might think we can win it..  

i dont know why  ppl come here & say **** about brett you fukheads before his injury he had an 85% strike rate at our home ground in tries, he also will be the fastest player to get 100 tries for the amount of games he has played. had he played the last 2 yrs he would have been on something close to 120 tries thats just 61 less than beaver & he is the 2nd highest try scorer.. brett  has played less than half the yrs beaver did to get to his tally, brett will surpass menzies has manlys greatest ever try scorer in less time ..

We are definatly a chance

Cheats, Queens and Cats games show what we can do when we want to.

The only question that remains is can we do it for 3 games in a row.

In 2008 we lost to the bunnies in round 22 or 23 & most of us felt like we had a chance but none of us felt we would come close to the 108 - 12 finals series.

fluff  i still think we have 1 more loss  coming also  from either the storm or dragons game..

Stewart is a class act, to read that he is apparently not a ball player etc was a crack up, you only have to watch the highlights of the 08 season to see how incorrect that story is, he is a far, far better ball player than Slater. The only weakness he has is his kick return

1 game in my memory sticks out that showed the class he possesses, at Parramatta Stadium in 2007 when Lyon played his 1st game back at the park. He didn't score a try this day, but he put Lyon over for 2 with great balls, and later on in the match pulled off the best try saving tackle I have seen on PJ Marsh, Marsh was gone and I was already swearing about the try then Brett somehow snaffled him, can't wait to see him back

Bowen seems to be coming back well from the same sort of injury as Stewart

exact same injury apparently and same surgery Kiwi. So it is awesome to see Bowen starting to run and move so freely again

I have been watching him very closely and he still seems to have his mobility and speed there which is damn encouraging

Hell be right on that score Fro.  Manly To Win, where did I say that Farah (so sorry for the spelling mistake) is not up to NRL standard?  My comment related to the wankers who think that Brett is gone. 

Have disregarded it personally Fro, am in no doubt Round 1 2011 Brett will be wearing the Maroon and White #1

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Stewart is a class act, to read that he is apparently not a ball player etc was a crack up, you only have to watch the highlights of the 08 season to see how incorrect that story is, he is a far, far better ball player than Slater. The only weakness he has is his kick return

1 game in my memory sticks out that showed the class he possesses, at Parramatta Stadium in 2007 when Lyon played his 1st game back at the park. He didn't score a try this day, but he put Lyon over for 2 with great balls, and later on in the match pulled off the best try saving tackle I have seen on PJ Marsh, Marsh was gone and I was already swearing about the try then Brett somehow snaffled him, can't wait to see him back

Bowen seems to be coming back well from the same sort of injury as Stewart
Agreed...although to be fair, I think Brett's kick returns improved 100% after his first game back starting at fullback for SOO...and I've never been critical of that part of his game since.
From memory wasn't he the incumbent fullback for Australia at some stage?

I am only weighing into this discussion right at the end, but I reckon Brett will struggle a little with lateral movement when he returns, and take that away from him and he may not be the "blinding flash" of years gone by.....I think like many here that he may end up playing up in the line somewhere as a result, but only time will tell.

His class will make up for his knees and im not sure on the injury but he had alot of junk in both knees
His football brains will see him cross the stripe more times than not,injurys aside

i reckon he wont be able to run the length of the field, but from 10-20 meters out he will still be his normal pace once he has fully recovered , once this court case gets over & done with & he can starting thinking about his rehabilitation without no distraction  & a good off season strengthening his legs , i can see him being back to himself by round 9 next yr.. he will still be faster than most ,but not like he was before..
i just cant wait to see him when we in the opposition 30 3rd or 4th tackle & he`s chimed into the backline sniffing around for a try, when he starts doing that ,then you know he`s back...

Bradza link said:
Fro - name calling against the alleged \"victim\" is poor form, she's not that big.

Hehe applaud for that one :)

And DSM i certainly hope you are on the money.

As for his football, a 70% Stewart will always be better than Farrar on his best day, and that is certainly not a crack at Ben F. He does the best he can and it simply isn't as good as Snake.

Doesnt mean there is no place for him at the club, I certainly hope he is with us for a long time to come.

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=184275.msg278356#msg278356 date=1280052414]
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=184275.msg278351#msg278351 date=1280051871]
[quote author=Richard link=topic=184275.msg278339#msg278339 date=1280051110]
I'm not the biggest Snake fan his kick returns are too weak and he always ambles towards the defensive line succumbing into the tackle allowing a slow play the ball - - -Modern fullbacks eat up the yards and if Preston can do it Brett should also but its hard to have the balls to run hard and straight into a line of defence honing in to one player.

Great player and almost guarantees a try a game which turns close games into wins and with him we would probably have 2- extra wins. Dont get me wrong i'm a fan but not to the same extent as probably all Manly fans and sometimes his impact is overstated.

Thanks for the educational on post modern play making and not sure where you are from but there was a game today and your team won.

Brett has been out for the season so the rest of us are supporting the team that is left?

Maybe get with the here and now rather than critique Brett's game from the past and be happy with the 2 points we got today?
[/quote]

Thanks for the 100% boring lecture where you tell others what to say and how to post.
[/quote]

No worries, Good to see you back Volley!
[/quote]

Fail.

I wish I'd come up with that pwnage, but I didn't. I'm surprised you're still under the illusion that I'm the only person who thinks you're a scrub.

Flick passes, under the leg passes and behind the back passes does not mean you have an "A Grade Passing game"---he has shown glimpses yes but by no means is he a ball player in any capacity "yet".

Tough decisions will have to be made real soon in relation to his future, would love to see him develop and have an injury free season but for someone on around 380,000 to 400,000 a season retaining Brett will have a major impact on depth.

Look guys Brett is a freak we all know that i tend to look at things differently to most and i dont expect to make friends or have many people agree with me but retaining Brett could mean losing both Farrar and Hoppa in the future---would hate to be in Dessies shoes, conversely releasing Brett could mean also losing Glenn so you cant win either way.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6