We can win from anywhere say Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
DateJuly 24, 2012 - 7:
James MacSmith

Manly say they have the big game players, and the experience, capable of successfully defending their NRL premiership through a succession of sudden death games.

The Sea Eagles' aspirations of claiming back-to-back titles have been hit hard all season long by injuries and inconsistency but the team is convinced they will rise to the occasion when it matters most.

After successive losses to Newcastle and Canterbury, Manly need to string together several victories just to make the top eight let alone the top four, but prop Brent Kite said there remained a strong belief at Manly that they can win their third premiership in five years.

"We are not right up there in calculations with the bookies, but that doesn't worry us because we have shown in recent years we can win when it counts," Kite said.

Advertisement

"We pride ourselves on getting things right at the right time of the year. Even in nine and 10 (2009 and 2010) we didn't go quietly.

"I think we know we can produce our best when it counts.

"As the regular season comes to an end, we would like to make it five from six or six from six. There is a great belief we can do it and that might just be the tonic."

Kite said Manly's strength was in talent across the park not the over reliance on one or two players.

"You look at some teams and they might have two or three very key players but we like to think we have a good spread of players in all positions," he said.

Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey said they would look to the Warriors' efforts of last season, who they defeated in the grand final, as inspiration if they failed to make the top four.

"The Warriors showed that last year, they finished down the bottom of the eight and all of a sudden they are in the grand final," Toovey said.

"All you need is a bit of luck and some good football and you can end up holding the trophy above your head.

"If you are in the eight you are a chance."

© 2012 AAP

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/we-can-win-from-anywhere-say-manly-20120724-22n8u.html

Love ya tooves but it's time for the talk to stop and for action. We need to string 2-3 wins together fast.

Won't be able to win it from 9th.
But I like the confidence and don't think it is misplaced. The comp is wide open, we have the line-up with most big-match experience.

The boys have been talking themselves up for a few weeks now, it's time to back up all the talk. Need to string some wins together starting this wend.

The next 3 games are the key. We need to win 3 on the trot, to cement our Top 8 position and then the remaining games will decide what spot we finish in. Prediction: 4th

Didn't go quietly in 09 and 2010? lol ....40-12 and 28-0 says otherwise. Other than that I agree with the rest of what they say.

I actually prefer this talk than the ridiculous under the radar rubbish that others like to use

This is the year!

It will be a while until we'll have a roster as strong as this current one.

Provided we don't get flogged and remain competetive, string 3 wins in the final rounds.

A fit Brett Stewart (and signed) will change everthing and begin the back2back title defence!

No doubt true that we can win it anywhere in the top 8 & besides the Cowboys away game being 50/50, have a good chance of winning the rest.
Its far from panick stations for mine with B. Stewart to make all the difference on return. If he was there last week I believe we win by 10-16 & that Knights game....the score did not reflect we had 3-4 early chances & if we put the sword to them & led by 16+ it was an easy night at the office.
Kind of scary to have a fullback who can dictate the outcomes to this extreme but thats how it is.

My only memory is we won from 40nil up... and that was against Parra... and even then we didn't win the second half. We didn't win from 14-12 down last Friday. We didn't look like winning against Newcastle. I'm like most of you on this forum: I'm not feeling confident about winning from anywhere until we start learning to win both halves with continued intensity.

captainskin said:
. . . I'm not feeling confident about winning from anywhere until we start learning to win both halves with continued intensity.
You mean like Melbourne did for about 3 months..?
We've seen over the last few years that it's all in the timing. There are aspects of play that Tooves will want the team concentrating on at this time, but putting it all together is for the last few weeks of the season. We'll need luck to be full strength at the right time - as will all our opponents. I liked our intensity and physical strength v Dogs, we weren't scientific enough but still could easily have won that game.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
The halves have to get it together before anything can happen.

Agreed. Foz & Chez hold the key to our success.

eagles2win said:
Better back that s**t up or it's embarrassing
The headline is just journos beating it up and making it sound like Manly are talking it up big time. Imo Kite is saying that they have the players and experience to have a serious crack if given the opportunity.

Agree with Kitey that Manly can win it from anywhere so long as they make the GF;)

But watching last week's game after a few days' of calming mantras, Manly blew 2 clear tries as well as the inexplicable Whare flick to BarbaQ:huh:.

Matai's pass to a missing Taufua in the SE corner - JT was 2 meters in front of the ball carrier :dodgy:
Glenn's pass to Wolfman in the SW corner - about 2 meters behind the Fanged One.:-/

All simply correctable errors in positional play.:angel:

B2B is still ours if Manly want it as much as the Fans do:exclamation:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4