WE CAN STILL WIN IF...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
I'll try and be positive and say "We Can Still Win IF we correct the issues right now":

1. What Tooves said about completions. 53% completion in the first half! Can't win without the ball!! PLAY OUT YOUR SET OF SIX!

2. Basic ERRORS are embarrasing. Dropping the ball, and kicking the ball out in the full, not once, but twice?? That is reserve grade stuff. DISCIPLINE!

3. I have to admit Hodges wasn't bad. He had one play-the-ball error which led to another incomplete set, but he looked sharper than previous appearance. I'm happy to hold off Ballin until he's 99% with his leg.

4. As much as I like Jorge, he's a liability right now. He needs time in Reggies to get things right again. Otherwise, we'll have a repeat of what Wolfman experienced in last year's GF and like what Jorge experienced in the Cowboys game.

Wingers not only has to WANT to catch the bombs, they have to be ABLE to catch them reliably.

- Gutho did more metres than Jorge in Cows game.
- Gutho can catch bombs. Jorge 50/50.
- Gutho played 4 NRL matches and scored 4 tries. Commentators gave Gutho big wraps and a lot of hums and snide remarks when the ball goes to poor Jorge.
- How many tries has Jorge scored this year compared to how many games played?
- Jorge will be a major target for opposition teams as a weakness in defence.

- If all players are healthy, I would have Snake at Fullback, Wingers would be Gutho and Hiku. If Snake is unavailable, I'd have Hiku at Fullback and Wingers to be Cheyse and Gutho. Simple.

5. If all players are healthy, Cheyse has to be on the bench. He can slot into the forwards and the backs.

6. We have to hire a mind therapist SOON. Obviously, some players' minds are NOT 100% committed to playing footy and letting down others.

I am still very pleased with the week in week out efforts of Killer, Skivvy, Hiku, JSL, Fozza, Symonds. Other regular 1st graders have question marks over them. Only takes one or two in the team to sink the boat and let down their mates.

-

We need to improve our attitude.Control the ball, build pressure. Stop talking to the press about mindless waffle!!! The team must be together, if we are any chance in this game.

Its all a mental issue - Manly want to score on every play, and when they don't they start panic passing/kicking.

Patience - like boring Penriff. :idea:

Potentially the Disgruntleds have at most, two more matches to play together - lets hope that they want to win it for each other and make it three more games. :sleepy:

Manly Fans believe that Manly can win another GF - now its up to the Manly Players to start believing :angel:

If the coach takes control of the rudderless ship.
He needs a rocket from the management.

Take them back to basics for a week. Nothing fancy - get the crap out of their game and focus their minds.

No time for anything else this season.

If the boys won't listen put a broom through the place and name and shame them.

DCE's attack has been down in recent matches because we keep turning over possession and he's been doing so much tackling. Against the 'Boys DCE made 21 tackles; Thurston made 12. DCE makes more tackles than any of our other backs.
Unless our forwards can hold the ball, and then hold the opposition in defence, we aren't a realistic chance to progress through the finals. It's a mighty tough ask considering three of our starting forwards - Glenn, Matt and Jamie - are out for the season, and BL has been missing recently.

Agree, we need all our forwards to play well, tackle & run well with few mistakes, and generate our share (or more) of big pressure on them putting them on the back foot across the park.

Especially Starling, Horo, Symonds & our bench players.
To his credit, Starling appeared to try and lift, run hard and join Kingy's enthusiasm etc. I thought recently - let's see all of those boys follow Kingy's lead and make a dominant statement against all opponents from here on!

Do that, and Jayden will come into his own playing well with more comfort.

And then DCE, Foz & the others, including Jorge will also fire well.

A hard road through the finals for us now - We can do it, we can take it all the way perhaps with a bit of luck here and there, but it's gonna be tough.

Go Manly!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4