we are stuck with Hayne as ref this weekend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
So Greenturd and his cronies give that mongrel Hayne our game against the vermin on Friday. Its a big worry in that truly hates us. Thoughts?

RE: we ade stuck with Hayne as ref this weekend

This whole Hayne thing is a bit stupid I think.

Sure he screwed us in 1 game. Sure that game was a grand final but it's just 1 game.
There was no conspiracy for Easts to win it last year. They were the most penalised team in the comp. The conspiracy was for Souffs to win and they choked. Maybe he was under NRL instruction to punish us for beating Souffs.

If you want to look at refs that deliberately rort us, I'd be looking at Checcin and Maxwell as the ones with the longest track record.

Sure, I expect us to get robbed this week (actually I expect us to get flogged so it wont matter) but that was always going to happen because of who we are playing.
The real enemy is Souffs. They are the ones that get handed everything. Maybe this game will remind everyone of that.

sheridanstand78 said:
Dont forget we got done at Gosford against the same opponent late in the season and he gave the dirty dogs a golden point penalty too.

So that puts him on par with the refs that treat us better. Maxwell and Ceccin would have found ten times that.
We get rorted every week by every ref. I don't think he's particularly worse. I'm not saying he's fair to us.

sheridanstand78 said:
So Greenturd and his cronies give that mongrel Hayne our game against the vermin on Friday. Its a big worry in that truly hates us. Thoughts?
Home Game at an away Venue , no Snake, so Hayne is the last of the bad omen trifecta :p

Hayne definetly hates Foz and penalizes him at will - the backchat penalty in extra time has never been given, till Foz got it at Brookie :dodgy:

Manly by 13+ just to spite these wrathfull NRL Gods!

NO way, maintain the rage! ripped off...in a GF!!!!!

Hope the Manly contingent really let him have it. Get those signs done and voices warmed up people!

We'll be watching!

And it was obv done on purpose to give us this game...and prob the rorters as well...as specials. This game just a trial for evil biased todd.

I must admit I am starting to get a bit disillusioned with the game of Rugby League.

I rarely now watch any other games other than Manly ones, where as in the past I watched most.....its not just us that is affected although it does seem to be us that's affected most.

And I am not sure of any conspiracy, or skulduggery that's going on here, BUT the NRL just love to see those close, golden point games, and love even more a side well behind storming back in the second half so maybe not a conspiracy but maybe an "agenda".

Mark from Brisbane said:
I must admit I am starting to get a bit disillusioned with the game of Rugby League.

I rarely now watch any other games other than Manly ones, where as in the past I watched most.....its not just us that is affected although it does seem to be us that's affected most.

And I am not sure of any conspiracy, or skulduggery that's going on here, BUT the NRL just love to see those close, golden point games, and love even more a side well behind storming back in the second half so maybe not a conspiracy but maybe an "agenda".

Mark, you are spot on. When one team skips away the pinkies try to get the other team back into the game, probably subconsciously and without malice. The problem is that once that momentum is shifted to the team behind it is usually unstoppable, just as it was last Saturday night. So yes there is an agenda and no there is not a conspiracy.

In the end it makes little difference to me as a fan, agenda or conspiracy is of no consequence, but the unfairness of the result sure as hell is.

Duff said:
sheridanstand78 said:
Dont forget we got done at Gosford against the same opponent late in the season and he gave the dirty dogs a golden point penalty too.

So that puts him on par with the refs that treat us better. Maxwell and Ceccin would have found ten times that.
We get rorted every week by every ref. I don't think he's particularly worse. I'm not saying he's fair to us.

Have to disagree sorry.

Checcin and Maxwell are more blatant to the casual observer (like THAT penalty Checcin invented to give the Titans the win in 2009 - Manly fans never forget because nobody else could care less) and do seem to generally dislike Manly but they are incompetent enough for me to accept that they are just making errors.

Hayne seems more competent, calculating, subtle, opportunistic and basically more likely to be outright cheating.

He always seems to give penalties to our opponents to help them out of trouble and we get them when the game is already decided (this ridiculous game last year) or when he has no choice (accidental offside in the GF).

He seems to focus on making sure the 50/50s go against us (blocking/crowding/ruck fumbles) and throw s in tge odd blatant howler if it will guarantee a result (Reynolds self-inflicted "dangerous tackle" and the extra 10 for the win).

I don't usually go in for the conspiracy theories but if there is one this guy is involved and the NRL got their prelim final refs badly mixed up last year!

Its possible to win against him but I believe we have to play so safe to avoid penalties that the opposition will have a massive advantage in the ruck.

Can't see us winning this game but I got 3/8 last week so WTF do I know hey?

Your theory might work if it were a more casual observer that you were dealing with. But no, it's me, who spends more time looking for the stuff you were talking about than actually watching the play unfold.

Didn't we win 14 straight or something under Hayne?

Duff said:
Your theory might work if it were a more casual observer that you were dealing with. But no, it's me, who spends more time looking for the stuff you were talking about than actually watching the play unfold.

Didn't we win 14 straight or something under Hayne?

Yeah I seem to remember doing well with him in the past.

So you are maintaining that Hayne is a level below Maxwell and Checcin in Manly hate? I will respectfully agree to disagree. Hopefully you are right and we can get a W on Friday night!

Just for interests sake I had a look at our W/D/L stats with some of the "leading" refs in 2013.

Maxwell 3/0/0 100%
Klein 4/0/1 80%
Cummins 4/0/3 57%
Checcin 2/1/3 42%
Hayne 2/1/3 42%
Perenara 0/0/2 0%

I grew too tired to look up the rest. We generally did better with the others, usually against lesser opposition it must be said.

Not sure what to make of that other than Maxwell sucks at trying to make us lose and our draw at AAMI Park against Checcin, Hayne and the cheating purple scum was pretty impressive!

Ok time to make myself a nnce new tinfoil hat now...

Ralphie said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Mark, you are spot on. When one team skips away the pinkies try to get the other team back into the game, probably subconsciously and without malice. The problem is that once that momentum is shifted to the team behind it is usually unstoppable, just as it was last Saturday night. So yes there is an agenda and no there is not a conspiracy.

In the end it makes little difference to me as a fan, agenda or conspiracy is of no consequence, but the unfairness of the result sure as hell is.

Agree with all of this 100%. The game does very little to excite me these days. I have only watched Manly for 3 or 4 years now and never watch anything else apart from origin. I can take a loss on the chin, but more often i feel the ability to compete, and the contest is being compromised by the refs

Appointing Bill harrigan was a monumental blunder, and the refs just havnt recovered. They have been chasing there tails with what was handed to them ever since.

He invented interpretation as a the norm rather than the rule, invented the inside shoulder bull**** and over complicated everything so the refs could take the stage on the night. After years walking this line, the game, and the way it was played had changed and the refs believed they had re invented the wheel. To revert overnight would have been a massive change to the game and would have been a diaster in its own right

The NRL has to invest big time in the refs or it will lose the game. Currently its a disgrace. Scrap the second clown. How anyone can think having 2 idiots instead of 1 can help is beyond me.When did anything ever get better by adding more idiots .

The biggest quality a ref can have is consistency and by splitting decisions the basic premise of consistency is lost

jbb/james said:
Scrap the second clown. How anyone can think having 2 idiots instead of 1 can help is beyond me.When did anything ever get better by adding more idiots .

The biggest quality a ref can have is consistency and by splitting decisions the basic premise of consistency is lost

I was in favour of 2 refs when they brought it in because it seems like too hard a job for 1 person and having more of them on the field would make the Bill Harrigans of the world who think people turn up just to watch them less prominent.

I think the only way it could actually work is if each ref has a designated role for the entire game ie basically the same positions they have now but no switching. That way the interpretation will be more likely to be consistent and refs would be able to take ownership of things like forward passes instead of both waiting for the other guy to call it.

Maybe we could give this a go: two refs, one ref on the field for first half, one ref in the video room, change over at half time. Fresh legs, continual involvement in the game, and less pressure to make decisions under fatigue. More responsibility over less time, more accountability.

Captain's challenge to keep fans and punters on side (people don't have any less respect for cricket umpires - and they make mistakes).

And the video ref should call the decision live like they did at the World Cup. We may not agree with a decision, but we understand why they made it and it moves us along in the game.

Hayne is like Harrigan: forget the players and the game, it's all about HIM. He doesn't like it when the focus is on the footy and for some reason he has a real problem with Keiran Foran - he's always looking to penalise Fozzy.
His performance in the GF was mind-bogglingly one-sided. It rose above the usual refereeing ineptitude we've all come to know and love (which ruins pretty much every NRL game in one way or another) to earn himself a truly special place in my heart. I will hate him forever, and odds are - even within his immediate family - I'm not alone.
Still, we all knew it was coming and we all know it's coming again on Friday night. We just have to rise above.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6