We are being hammered in the media.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
The media have started their anti Manly reporting in the hope we'll lose all three players put on report for at least next week. Madge Mcguire has come out to condemn Fa'aoso and Jason King.....I am starting to really dislike him with a similar intensity to Craig Bellamy.

Are you surprised but listening to deadset legends they think we were unlucky with the Symonds try and for the Wolfy no try at the end possibly a penalty try for the shoulder charge by Inglis

Meh, I don't give a **** about what they say. We support one of the best teams in the world here, and the media always try and knock down the tall poppies / winners.

I thought we were outstanding last night, even in a loss. Brenton Lawrence is fast becoming one of my favorite players (never will while Lyon is on the field).

I'm glad we have some mongrel in the pack, and you know what? Suspension or no, I think we have the support cast to fill those roles with very quality players.

We have an indigeneous AlL Star playing reggies for goodness sakes. Love it !

That being said, I hope our lads all pull up ok, and are not found guilty etc.

Good post Ryan. It just wasn't our night last night, but I saw enough to think we will beat them in September.

The usual stuff. Dirty Manly, blah blah. Put the two teams on the scales and Manly weigh a thousand kilos less. I thought they put in a great effort maintaining those giants.
Well played Manly. They might be big but we can outsmart them next time and who gives what the papers and the anti Manly public think.
Speaking of dirty play, every time Sam Burgess runs he leads with the elbow. Send him off.

If the situation were reversed and Souths had done everything we did last night, we would all be hammering Souths on here.

I dont think the reporting has been too bad..........god some of you lot are sensitive

Get on League Unlimited and it's much worse and a lot of it was deserved. We played stupid last night and amde to look like chumps. Game plan out the window. We were totally intimidated and forgot to play footy. New we would get beat at half time. Reminded me of Storm 2007 GF. We occasionally play this way.

Lmao, we were intimidated ? Please explain

This stuff about us going looking for a fight etc is absolute garbage, who threw the 1st punch ?

The difference between the 2 sides, was they took every one of their limited chances and we didn't finish ours off. We hardly played as poor as some want to suggest

That shows up in the 6-2 line break stat in our favour, the difference being Inglis finished their break off and Taufua and co weren't good enough to finish ours.
Defence wise we hit harder and missed half the tackles they did, again they took their opportunities, we didn't

Darren said:
Get on League Unlimited and it's much worse and a lot of it was deserved. We played stupid last night and amde to look like chumps. Game plan out the window. We were totally intimidated and forgot to play footy. New we would get beat at half time. Reminded me of Storm 2007 GF. We occasionally play this way.

Look at the positives...it gives you an opportunity to post your usual stuff.

Darren said:

So, you knew we were going to lose at half time? We were the better team by far in the first half, and had numerous chances. The bounce of the ball didn't go our way. Take a look at the stats - we made 8 clean breaks to Souffs' 3. We made several hundred more metres than Souffs. We made more tackles and missed less. We got no benefit when the video ref ruled, unlike Souffs. We had a poor 10 minutes after half-time. The rest of the 70minutes we were on top.
Without taking anything away from Souffs, who were excellent, I believe we made a mistake starting Gift. Big Red should now be our second backrower picked. Gift should have played on the bench. It was much too onerous on him to play a full match.
Also, Richie Fa'aoso was a liability last night.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4