1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WCC Playing surface

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by quinny, Feb 18, 2012.

1. quinny

quinny Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Fair Dinkum-it was a slushy sand pit!!! A pathetic surface for such a big game. You could see lateral movement was difficult and the Manly speedsters were uncomftable in it...Talk about preparing a home ground pitch :)

2. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 35
    I also thought the editing of the filming was pretty poor. Guess that's what you get in a country that spends most of its sporting infrastructure on soccer (and i don't blame them, the epl is the highest watched league in the world).

3. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    They should play this game in Dubai or Honkers.

4. CliffLyonsIsALoiner

CliffLyonsIsALoiner New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We share the Headingley ground with the 'Leeds Tykes' who play something called Union, that's why the pitch is poor at the moment. The Rhinos players wanted to play this match in Australia but this competition never seems to be taken seriously by NRL bigwigs.

5. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    As I understand it The english RL pay for the game, the NRL teams expenses etc. The NRL is so poorly run and funded they couldnt afford to wash the uniforms let along accomodate 50 people in sydney for a week.And then they would have to market it in the off season, which would be a pain in the arse for them as they are still in patting themselves on the back mode

And if it were in sydney it would have to be in January so the pommy team could get home to start the season as they start earlier and channel 9 wouldnt allow that as they have cricket schedule to run, and no football gets kicked without the prior written permission from television networks

And our newspaper journos would have to go out in the sun and report on RL rather than just making **** up on the way to work in the car or trawling fan websites to get a scoop. And drink driving in the sun is dangerous even for beer sponges like our journos, and thats just the sheilas

This is Australia mate, its just too hard loiners, It will never happen

6. CliffLyonsIsALoiner

CliffLyonsIsALoiner New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sky Sports want the WCC to turn into a Champions League mini-tournament between the best of Super League vs NRL. I think Rugby League needs something big like this to happen.

7. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Great conditions to do a knee or ankle. Disgraceful surface.

8. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    I wish Leeds the best in the season their already participating in

I like how everyone hates them,As i enjoy that quality in Collingwood
    also but watching them is beneath me

What i most enjoy is us being hated,makes winning all the more sweeter

9. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    I would also like to see it happen,I like the ESL . Its a bit less robotic and i believe both comps could learn from eachother.And we really need the poms to be stronger. I admire the poms passion, and there dedication to making there National team almost all english

Our clubs are so broke , there has to be a lot of coin involved. And our TV networks have us by the balls, so there better be something in it for them. Maybe it will be different with The IC, but between the Tv contracts and the players union its hard to see to much wriggle room

10. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Oh,i also wish the injured Rhino a speedy recovery

11. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    That surface was a shambles, looked like Suncorp two days after the water went down.