WCC could be in OZ

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hot of the web. Looks like will be in England.

Headingley is set to host next season’s World Club Challenge
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/rugby_league/3882271/Headingley-is-set-to-host-next-seasons-World-Club-Challenge.html

I won't say it BUT....I told you so

Seriously guys I have been conversing with the English Football League (known as the RFL) for about 2 weeks, the down under deal was always a furphy!!

Anyone know what the likely Leeds team will be? Is that who Buderus plays for and if so is he likely to play or will he have linked back up with Drugcastle by then?

Boozo said:
Anyone know what the likely Leeds team will be? Is that who Buderus plays for and if so is he likely to play or will he have linked back up with Drugcastle by then?

Buderus's contract with Leeds ended at the GF, just like Beaver's did in 08 with us. He won't be playing in the WCC. Neither will Hoppa or Robbo with us. It's the 2012 squads.

Headingley would be awesome. I don't know why Leeds don't play there at all. It's a great ground.

does anbody know how much we will get when we win the club challange? 1 was thinking the gate takings would pay for the 2 weeks we will be in the UK, but is there big money on offer as well.

Mark from Brisbane said:

Seriously guys I have been conversing with the English Football League (known as the RFL) for about 2 weeks, the down under deal was always a furphy!!

Is there some unwritten rule that the WCC has to be played in England?

Mark from Brisbane said:
Whilstever it is funded to the tune of maybe $500-$800K by the RFL...yes!!

Atleast one of us is happy around here lol, thats a coup for you indeed :) congratulations, just wish I could go to

Jono said:
Boozo said:

Buderus's contract with Leeds ended at the GF, just like Beaver's did in 08 with us. He won't be playing in the WCC. Neither will Hoppa or Robbo with us. It's the 2012 squads.

Headingley would be awesome. I don't know why Leeds don't play there at all. It's a great ground.

Technically players contracts end on the 31st of October but your right Bedsy will be here in AUS

Mark from Brisbane said:

Been saying for weeks won't happen because of the promotion the RFL puts into it.
The NRL couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery or a root in a brothel at the moment

nice!! If we get the win more money to help the club!! How lucky in ALL ways were we to win 2011!!! Anything else would have been horrendous it now seems!!

Why the NRL give into the pommies all the time gets me.
They will never be the best team if a pommy one wins becuase of the huge advantage of not having to travel.
Hope the IC deal with this.
Could it be part of the reason no one has gone back to back for ages in NRL? Well unitl 2012 anyway. ;)

mickyj said:
Why the NRL give into the pommies all the time gets me.
They will never be the best team if a pommy one wins becuase of the huge advantage of not having to travel.
Hope the IC deal with this.
Could it be part of the reason no one has gone back to back for ages in NRL? Well unitl 2012 anyway. ;)

The NRL does little to promote this game so why should the pommies give it up?
The day they start to promote it ie build up for Allstars, Origin etc then we might have a case for bringing the WCC to Australia

It really comes down to just one issue.

The RFL sell this to Sky Sports as a pay per view game.

It's winter so everyone remotely keen in League watches it.

A million people maybe at say $20 a head (that's a guess but with 90 Million people in the UK and another 350 Million in Europe those numbers may not be far out).

If it came out here, Chan 9 would play it (zero extra revenue for the NRL), it's in the middle of cricket season, so apart from Manly supporters how many would go to it???

At Headingly, it will be packed to the gunnels.

Using a modern term....."it's a no brainer"

Whoever wins the WCC the previous year should be the HOME team for the next challenge. Seems unfair for the Aussie team to have to travel there each year.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2