1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watson

Discussion in 'Cricket Forum' started by The Eagle, Jan 16, 2011.

1. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Wow...just wow
    Where was that in the test series???

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was at the ground. It was one of the great one day innings. He changed his game to suit the match the whole way through. Bowlers are a concern though.

3. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    I dunno,that wasnt to bad from them it seemed like a quick outfield and they restricted them to under 300,thats almost a record run chase for us isnt it?

4. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I am with Gronk. The poms could have and should have scored 330+. I can't see us troubling the big sides in the World Cup with our bowling attack.

5. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Shane, Johnson was spraying it everywhere and Bollinger was bowling at half pace.  We need some bowlers who can open up aiming at the top of off. 

6. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    It was a pretty flat deck for teh bowlers.

Binga did ok, but should have got more bar that no-ball. Thats the 3rd out and 4th referral this season for us, have the poms been referred yet?

7. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    WTF was Johnson on trying to argue with the umpire who called wide when the ball barely made the cut strip ?

I can't stand Watson, but it was a top innings, have never seen a bloke with the luck he seems to have either though

8. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    That opening pom had a fair share of luck to,that run out comes to mind
    As for bowlers we have no depth,even our frontline is a bit woeful i mean having to use an opening batsman as a bowler is a bit of a joke

9. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Yeah not a watson fan but must say i was impressed with that innings.. i'd still rather someone open for our test team that has the mental capabilities to bat for a long time...

Great innings and if he can do it a little more regularly he'll find another fan in me.
    [hr]Post  automatically merged: [time]1295247659[/time][hr]
    I also think Australia could benefit by swapping Watson and Clarke around... let clarke open and watson come in at 4. When Clarke is in form he can bat for long periods. Watson can't (by all accounts i've seen thus far). Clarke opens in ODI's every now and then. I think he could do the job. Ponting to 5 and Usman at first drop too.

10. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Clarke is as useful as tits on a bull

11. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Cant write off clarke yet, Ponting had a slump about the same time of his career too, then came back to be the best batsman in the world.

12. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Shane writing him off fills me with even more confidence that he'll be back to his best very soon.

13. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    I know....im a reversecurse!