Watmough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Was it just a coincidence that our game came together when Watmough went off?
Was it just that they got tired or did our structure work better without him?
Just wondering. Love Choc.

Probably not a popular view, but I agree 100%.

I'll never fault Chocs commitment and effort, but his bobble passes and sideways runs (not to mention that ridiculous offload on tackle 2 of the game) do give me heart palpitations.

Choc tries his guts out, but he is heart in the mouth stuff every time he gets the ball. Drops, pushed passes, sloppy play the balls etc etc. Love his effort, but he frustrates the hell out of me. I just think how awesome he could be if he just had that little bit of finesse in is game.

Early in the game he was running the fringe on the LHS and he looked like the Choc of old. Anyway looked like a bad cork he picked up, luckily he's got some time off before Origin.

2nd tackle of the game and he tries an offload knock on, the dogs score and we are on the back foot from then on.

I get the frustration but he is leading the Silvertails' Player of the Year for a good reason. He never stops trying.

Wrong type of physique to be trying for a pushover try in that situation, it was a wasted lacking thought effort.

We are lacking that size which can take advantage of a one on one in the red zone for a simple more direct option, we have smaller hole runners that are trying to break one on one tackles and are not strong enough to do so.

5-7yrs ago hole running lines in the red zone from Matai and Watmough were good enough to score or break a tackle but even these players especially Watmough struggle to break the defensive line in this attacking zone.

We need a stronger presence up the middle or bigger size variation plays on the edges. Nice to see Rose try and run wide for a one on one but you really need a Pritchard or T-Rex presence type of body that is more athletic with some footwork at pace.

Symonds always looks to break through or half poking through the line and has good strength---the try Taufua scored against the Dragons late is the type of strength play that can break the shackles when all else is failing.

silvertail said:
Watmough should go back to being a wide running back rower, running off Foz.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Watmough running sharp stepping back in behind the markers at pace after a quick play the ball is where the holes are for him these days.

In the red zone Watmoughs lack of size is not enough in the modern game to break tackles when we need the big play. He will occasionally but not as easily as 5-7yrs ago, defensive structures and tackling techniques have improved so much in this time.

Against the bottom 8 teams with poor defence he might be able to relive past glories out wide on a more consistent basis but only really hiding the underlying issue of a general lack of size and strength against the top 4.

Technical Coach said:
silvertail said:
Watmough should go back to being a wide running back rower, running off Foz.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Watmough running sharp stepping back in behind the markers at pace after a quick play the ball is where the holes are for him these days.

In the red zone Watmoughs lack of size is not enough in the modern game to break tackles when we need the big play. He will occasionally but not as easily as 5-7yrs ago, defensive structures and tackling techniques have improved so much in this time.

Against the bottom 8 teams with poor defence he might be able to relive past glories out wide on a more consistent basis but only really hiding the underlying issue of a general lack of size and strength against the top 4.

If we can get a fit and firing Lawrence, Kite, Fa'aoso and Rose at the business end of the season then we will have the size needed in the front row. If Fa'aoso is training right during his suspension then he will tear sides apart upon his return.

F&8k all of you.... Choc should be our captain!!!! Heart is what wins footy games.
I have very high hopes for Richie once he returns from suspension
...I want him to go on a rampage ... since his suspension we have been a very different (softer) team.
Snake and Gift will find there rhythm just prior to the semis.
2013 is ours!!! The refs are our only obstacle as far as I can see.

Yokozuna, if you're going to react like that everytime someone posts an opinion that contradicts your own, you're going to end up with an ulcer and a heart condition by the time you're 18.

After Choc went off, manly changed their game plan and ran hard and straight, what a big difference and they looked much more dangerous, long may it continue.

Choc in or Choc out , that's a no brainier . Easily out best forward all year . We know that there will be a couple of mistakes a game , but he more than makes up for it and then some .

He needs to go back to tuck and run whilst snake is out. When snake is back his game is more effective as snake is sniffing around for that ball or running straight lines off off choc.

Symonds would work well with choc too.

However he needs to stop throwing the ball for the sake of it

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4