Watmough ... You reap what you sow !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The many miles in Watmough's legs are starting to catch up with him. Close to 300 1st grade games + rep football games. He doesn't appear to have Beaver's longevity but he's not alone there... :)

I really do feel sorry for him but he made the choices and now he has to live with them. Its a real shame.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
BUT the Squeals signed him for 4 years, surely they must know better?......Lol
4 years did seem sort of optimistic. Really, to everyone. I think the long deal made Anthony feel special and loved. Hence his tirade against the more realistic tenure offered by his old club.

He won't be there in 4. Early retirement at seasons end, next year.

Glenn is a great chap but with his injuries it's another year for him like last year.

4 years did seem sort of optimistic. Really, to everyone. I think the long deal made Anthony feel special and loved. Hence his tirade against the more realistic tenure offered by his old club.

He won't be there in 4. Early retirement at seasons end, next year.

Glenn is a great chap but with his injuries it's another year for him like last year.

Just goes to show that Manly were smart ( in one way ) to let them go!

When can the choc hating cease. Yeah he had the ****s and said a few things on the way out but he is a footballer. Awesome at footy, social graces ...........not so much. He is a rip in regret little kind of guy. The lovable larrakin or he was until he left.

Look he always played for the jersey and his mates, and for many years played busted. He just dug deep for his team, our team , always. His long loyal service had much more impact on the manly footy team , than his little tanty he had last year.

It would be sad if a man who gave so much, bled maroon is remembered for so little. who amongst us has never acted like a wanker in the lunch room.

People you just have to get over some ****, and enjoy his time in the blue and gold. Its the icing on top really

Fair point for most of this but why should we "enjoy his time in the blue & gold"?
Also, he didn't decide to quit on a whim or in the heat of the moment. He had plenty of time to consider both his actions and statements.
Like many others, I feel some sympathy for him but he's brought this on himself.

When can the choc hating cease. Yeah he had the ****s and said a few things on the way out but he is a footballer. Awesome at footy, social graces ...........not so much. He is a rip in regret little kind of guy. The lovable larrakin or he was until he left.

Look he always played for the jersey and his mates, and for many years played busted. He just dug deep for his team, our team , always. His long loyal service had much more impact on the manly footy team , than his little tanty he had last year.

It would be sad if a man who gave so much, bled maroon is remembered for so little. who amongst us has never acted like a wanker in the lunch room.

People you just have to get over some ****, and enjoy his time in the blue and gold. Its the icing on top really
Not for a long time yet. The wounds are too fresh but yeah we can all have a giggle at his current efforts in the Squeels jersey ;)

I have absolutely nothing against choc - in fact I think he is a manly legend who gave us 13 wonderful years of service. I can forgive his poor behaviour on the way out although I don't agree with it.

I do rightly or wrongly have something against Brad Arthur and the eels for going out of their way to purchase all our juniors for massive massive dollars.

With the leagues club, parra stadium, the junior nursery and money the eels have had it is just incredible what an inept pathetically run organisation they are to have been so poor in the last 30 years.

Hoppa and lussick were absolutely crazy to go there. Sure u may get massive overs in the short term however your footballing skills go backwards to such an extent at the eels that long term you will be less well off than if you stayed for less at your junior club or went to a better run club. Hoppa's next contract is now far less and lussick can't get out of the place quick enough. Foran should have thought this through carefully.

Choc is very silly but at the end of his career he needed the dollars however on balance still a poor decision as he is finding out.

thick head only cares about one quote and one game. The grand final he played in round 1.

Boof wouldn't know what he's missed out on.

I felt sorry for Parra when they kept winning the spoon, rather than sharing it around with some of the other crap teams. But now after Watmough's carrying on and their "poaching" (they can have him) of Foran I'll be all too happy to see them stuck to the bottom of the ladder for as long as they like.

This post has great relevance. Watmough himself 'slagged' Manly and left, losing the opportunity to remain a One Club Legend. Just as pertinent is the idea that Keiran Foran was going to play for the club that would best develop his footy. If he dreams that going to Parra is going to achieve that, he left more than his bad hamstring on the NZ team bus last week. He took the money and ran - well limped really!!!!

JBB, I like what you say James. It is a cliche, but it is only a game. Choc has made decisions, we might not like them but I do not get the hate. That goes for stuff about Foz and DCE. I love what they have done for our club. It is much more than I have done. That Choc took a big dump on the club when he left is sad - I am sure he will regret it. But, let us not get too personal. There will come a day when Choc, Foz and even Des will be seen as our living legends. Maybe not quite up there with Jamie, Tooves, Wombat, Randall and Bozo but they will be respected. After all most of us got over Ronnie Gibbs going to the Gold Coast. If I were them I would hate to read what was said on social media and fan forums.

I guess you could liken Heartstrings and Crabman to the Scarecrow and the Tin Man, both traveling to the Wizard... One needs a heart and the other needs brains..
Lol pretty sure foz needs some courage too so he could be the tin man and the lion. Dalai arthur would be Dorothy of course :rofl:

Parra have a losing culture that runs deep through the club. All of their signings, coaches whatever it doesn't matter they could sign the entire QLD league team and still lose.

Oh yeah and on Choc, eat **** lmao.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8