Watmough Weidler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Eagle Has Landed said:
HappilyManly said:
joeboy said:
Yeah the dudes that seem to know think they are a chance of getting both. With kasiano and Pritchard possibly on the way out.

Who knows anymore.

Pritchard would be a good fit at Manly. We need a big boppa that can offload :idea:

Yeah I agree but he's injury prone and spends most of his time on the sideline.

Thought Dirt Diggler was on TV tonight saying Manly has granted Choc's wish. Hope the Eels like Choc's Sea Eagles tattoos.

Something on Telegraph that Choc allowed by Manly to talk to other clubs for 2016. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-star-anthony-watmough-to-talk-with-rival-nrl-clubs-on-possible-switch-for-2016/story-fni3gnk1-1227036381549

Whatmough going to the whining worms is sooo old hat.

Dont fear this we have great new talent coming through.

The club will be strong!!

I love Watmough and see it as a non issue he is testing the market. It's common sense.

All that it really means instead of testing the market in November he has been given permission to start testing it now. No big deal really and it may get resolved sooner this way.

From the telecrap:

The NSW State of Origin back-rower asked for permission to “test the market” for the 2016 season — and Manly have granted his wish.

Once a rough asking price is established, Manly and Watmough’s manager, George Mimis, will start negotiating a new deal at Brookvale.
It would run, more than likely, over two seasons — 2016 and 2017 — and be Watmough’s final playing contract.

The Daily Telegraph understands the Sea Eagles had tabled a two-year extension but that has now been withdrawn.

Yawn-fest rehashing but the last sentence intrigues me. Does this hint that Manly has currently or temporarily withdrawn their initial offer due to Watmough's media input this last few months?

Anyway, the guy's a champ and I sincerely hope he finishes his career at Manly where he belongs.

I'd be very surprised not to see Choccy finish his career with us, he's been here for 12 years ( 13 when his contract concludes) is local junior , a life member of the Football Club and he lives on the beaches with his gorgeous wife.

As long as he gets a contract ( and the press say one has already been offered ) about the same he would stay.

Of course you could get dickhead Ha$ler offer him 2 million for 2 years and then it's " bye bye" but that's highly unlikely.

If Manly offer say $300k a year, and he gets an offer of $350 a year elsewhere he'd be crazy to accept. The offer would have to be a significant differential to move on.

This current fluff and bluster about Gifty will be long forgotten by the time this comes to a conclusion.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Of course you could get dickhead Ha$ler offer him 2 million for 2 years and then it's " bye bye" but that's highly unlikely.

Well Sticky is desperate for State of Origin and International Players.
So he may have a blank cheque ready for anyone who wants to listen to him for 3 years :cool:

I'm a bit ****ing sick of this. How many ****ing times do we have to go through this on this site? We just go around and around in ****ing circles. Haven't you ****ing nuffies figured out how the cycle works yet?

1. Testing or going on the open market means you are simply finding out what other clubs would be willing to pay for you so that you can negotiate a new contract. Be it at your current club or a new one.

2. Media outlets sensationalise stories by making non direct claims without direct quotes to sell news papers. Some times they even make **** up. ie Watmough leaving next year when in fact his contract doesn't finish until the end of 2015.

3. Player managers, coaches, players and even former media managers and board members leak absolute crap to media outlets for a desired out come. Usually they leak that a player might be talking to another club in the hope that their current club will come to the party and re-sign them. Sometimes it's to hide a clubs true player target. ie the Bulldogs have been linked to most fullbacks in the NRL this year. All except for Brett Morris who is their real target.

Whenever the media report something it has to contain some truth. So they report that Watmough has been permission to look for another club. Effectively he has been. But he can't leave until his current contract expires unless the club release him. (not going to happen). And you have to ask yourself does he want to leave? Why would he? Unless he goes to Souths he's still not going to be playing with Glenn Stewart. And why would he want to leave a club he's been at for 13 years and destroy that legacy?

Stevo said:
the Bulldogs have been linked to most fullbacks in the NRL this year. All except for Brett Morris who is their real target.

And why would he want to leave a club he's been at for 13 years and destroy that legacy?

1. No wonder the dogs can't find a fullback. The fkn donkeys have bought them all. Barba, Hoffman, Milford, Hodges, (Boyd maybe).

2. Because the fantasy land team of Weedler, Rothknob, Fathead and co. said so!!!!!!

Jerry1 said:
Masked Eagle said:
That seriously made the papers? Wow. If it maybe, MAYBE, said something about not talking about the player contracts or threatened fines then its barely news worthy, but what does it say? Let's concentrate on playing footy! If I was the editor of the SMH and he presented that for printing I'd ask him to go wash all the windows so he could actually do something to earn his pay.
FMD
The memo about car parking spots will be next.

And eating other peoples lunches, even when they've got their names on it.

Hamster Huey said:
Jerry1 said:
Masked Eagle said:
That seriously made the papers? Wow. If it maybe, MAYBE, said something about not talking about the player contracts or threatened fines then its barely news worthy, but what does it say? Let's concentrate on playing footy! If I was the editor of the SMH and he presented that for printing I'd ask him to go wash all the windows so he could actually do something to earn his pay.
FMD
The memo about car parking spots will be next.

And eating other peoples lunches, even when they've got their names on it.

from Zorba's fridge

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4