Watmough Poll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Can u overlook chocs poor handling given the other aspects of his game?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• 50/50

• Total voters

chrisos

Reserve Grader
I say yes,but instead of being excited when he touches the ball to see him go on a barnstorming run im more often worried he will drop the ball,I can overlook his poorhandling skills for the fact that other than that he is a very good player,thoughts?

He hasn't been doing these barnstorming runs this year. People put up with his crap hands because he was making line breaks, this year he is just dropping the ball.

Pepi link said:
He hasn't been doing these barnstorming runs this year. People put up with his crap hands because he was making line breaks, this year he is just dropping the ball.

He didn't start last year with them either but look at him as the year went on.

For mine its becoming a worry, he seems to have hands like....
[img=400x323]http://www.cmdshiftdesign.com/blog_images/061208/legoman.jpg[/img]

haha. I think his runs have still been putting a lot of pressure on the defence, he is very closely marked after his exploits last year.

Choc has made more metres than anyone else on the team and looked the most dangerous. If he's in a form slump god help the rest of the team.

I think choc believes all the responsibility should be on him he's trying to hard
this i believe is causing him to lose focus when he drops the ball.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
I think choc believes all the responsibility should be on him he's trying to hard
I agree its a case of him being over enthusiatic
even when he gets tackled he trys to play the ball at a million miles an hour

despite this so called slump he will be the first picked for NSW and u only have to look at games 2 and 3 last year to see why.

Cambo link said:
[quote author=PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link=topic=183006.msg259086#msg259086 date=1271194458]
I agree its a case of him being over enthusiatic
even when he gets tackled he trys to play the ball at a million miles an hour

despite this so called slump he will be the first picked for NSW and u only have to look at games 2 and 3 last year to see why.
[/quote]

Spot on Cambo. He needs to slow down and think a bit more.

lets face it he's a footballer, thinking is not his strong point, if something which worked last season is not working he is a bit slow to work out something needs to change if even a little bit.

Hopefully some minor adjustments are all thats needed, once he works that out, or more likely someone else works it out for him he may come out of it.

Cliffy4PM link said:
Choc has made more metres than anyone else on the team and looked the most dangerous. If he's in a form slump god help the rest of the team.

I said this on the MWSE site and people made excuses for the rest of the forwards by saying there sharing the workload around.
From what I saw against the Shark's Choc is going to explode in the next few weeks. He, Foran and Hodkinson are still sorting out there combo and when they do look out.

I don't know if its occurred to anyone but most of his busting runs were off of Orford last year. Its going to take a bit of time till he and Hodkinson develop a partnership and get their timing right.

Don't be so hard on Choc even though he gives away some dumb penalties, it will come good in the end.

with care and concerntration you can improve on handling skills.

90% of the players in NRL have the heart or passion choc has.

I'd rather he on our side than against. 

OneEyedEagle link said:
I don't know if its occurred to anyone but most of his busting runs were off of Orford last year.

Id like to see Hoddo develop the same short pass Ox had where Choc would run off his shoulder and receive a short pass to point him into the gaps. Every other team seems focused on sweeping backline plays from one side of the field to the other and if that short pass isnt over used it would surprise a bunch of opposition teams this year. Including the drizzle.

yes for me.
it's what he dose with out the ball that make him so valuable,
his talk,
he put the fear of life into attacking players,
his sledging  :) (he's one of the best)
great club man.

if he was not there, we would miss he. don't worry bout' that

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8