Watmough on road to redemption

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
View the Fox sports Video here

Watmough on road to redemption

By Wayne Heming
    November 06, 2008

IT'S never easy fighting back when you have a black mark next to your name but Manly forward Anthony Watmough has resurrected a representative career many feared was on the rocks.

The tough-as-teak backrower was Manly's leading metre man (144.7m) in the club's NRL premiership-winning season as he continued his redemption after being dumped from the NSW Origin side after just one game in 2005 because of a poor attitude.

Current Kangaroo coach Ricky Stuart was in charge of the Blues for that series and word is Watmough's representative passport was marked following a number of breaches.

But three years and an NRL premiership ring later, Watmough has a chance to set the record straight.

He's still the same light-hearted practical joker around his teammates, including rookie Manly winger David Williams who Watmough said was his "adult hero" on the eve of his Test debut against PNG at Dairy Farmers Stadium.

Watmough likes to joke around, it's in his nature.

But his attitude is different to 2005 because he realises he’s been handed a second chance to be part of a great Australia side.

"I thought I was a lot closer than I was which was pretty disappointing," Watmough said of his representative exile.

"Ricky (Stuart) sat me down and had a chat me and told me I wasn’t far off and to keep working hard and I'd get my shot."

"I think I've matured more as a person than a player. You still go out and have your fun but as you get older you take the more important things in your life seriously.”

Watmough, who'll come off the bench, said the underdog Kumuls would come after Australia early.

"They play the first 10 minutes of their games as hard as any Test match, they really rip in," said Watmough.

"You know you're going to pretty sore but we have to dig our heels in and weather the storm and hang in.

“They've got some massive players with awesome physiques. A lot of them are short and wide and they can stop you in your tracks.

"If you run into one of them straight on, you're a bit of an idiot."

AAP

Whoever is this writers editor should be shot, that was a poorly written article, something like I would produce

Probably a cadet and you know what is being said about the current crop of graduates.  Some of the Unis are holding basic English lessons in the First Year Course just to teach the basics of grammar and punctuation. 

Wayne Heming has been around for a few years actually as far as I know. It's aap work though - almost a certainty to be of lower quality because it's more about how quickly you get your copy in than the actual standard of work.

Matabele link said:
Some of the Unis are holding basic English lessons in the First Year Course just to teach the basics of grammar and punctuation. 

First I've heard of that, but you're telling the story.

Volley link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=178876.msg202611#msg202611 date=1226038077]
Some of the Unis are holding basic English lessons in the First Year Course just to teach the basics of grammar and punctuation. 
He must have been reading the Daily Telegraph!!!! :)
First I've heard of that, but you're telling the story.
[/quote]

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4