Watmough now on Today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree. I think Foran is more of a chance to run that DCE is.

He had every reason to stay during his last contract negotiations and admitted he nearly left and stayed after a talk with Kite.

Now he has spoken out about the trouble and has witnessed the place falling apart as well as putting himself on the market by not wanting to negotiate until the end of the year.

I don't know any inside news but looking from outside I would think he was the one to walk away.

I don't think we could keep both. I hope I'm wrong.

If he was thinking of the roosters, I wouldn't mind a swap with Maloney. He'd be a bit cheaper and it would certainly solve our goal kicking issues.

Preference is of course for him to stay though.

Cannot possibly see how Watmough is staying. His comments are very much along the lines of 'only a couple of games left', and they way I'm reading it he doesn't mean just for the season.

Unlike a lot on here I've never held up Watmough in the elite class. I've always felt he had too many mistakes in him, but I never EVER doubted his willingness and ability to put in 100% week after week for the club and for the fans. But I have seriously come to doubt his attitude (not on the field) in the last month or so.

I really hope he goes. Whilst I can understand that he was a crucial cog in taking us from the debacle of the NE to the most dominant team of the last decade, the facts are he was not the only one. He wasn't a Paul Gallen in a team of s*** who made 200metres per game and 50 tackles and was almost a one man team. Plus it's not like he's playing for minimum wage. Yes you spilled blood for this club, but you were also very well compensated, and fans (and club) have stuck by Watmough through a few off field issues. One which apparently Bobby Fulton had to sit down with him and say 'enough is enough'.

I've worked for many companies and at times have seen friends and colleagues treated in what I would say is a shabby manner (not illegal). If I was then to sabotage that company by my actions I would be fired on the spot. He needs to grow up and realize how great the last 12 (or so) years have been playing with his mates in a winning team. Not stand there and urinate on the legacy he helped build.

Agree completely Killer, and the sad truth is that four years from now he will:

no longer be a football player
have no interest from anyone in the media including Weidler
and not be treated with any respect in his own Northern Beaches backyard

Nice choices this year, kiddo.

Killer03 said:
Cannot possibly see how Watmough is staying. His comments are very much along the lines of 'only a couple of games left', and they way I'm reading it he doesn't mean just for the season.

Unlike a lot on here I've never held up Watmough in the elite class. I've always felt he had too many mistakes in him, but I never EVER doubted his willingness and ability to put in 100% week after week for the club and for the fans. But I have seriously come to doubt his attitude (not on the field) in the last month or so.

I really hope he goes. Whilst I can understand that he was a crucial cog in taking us from the debacle of the NE to the most dominant team of the last decade, the facts are he was not the only one. He wasn't a Paul Gallen in a team of s*** who made 200metres per game and 50 tackles and was almost a one man team. Plus it's not like he's playing for minimum wage. Yes you spilled blood for this club, but you were also very well compensated, and fans (and club) have stuck by Watmough through a few off field issues. One which apparently Bobby Fulton had to sit down with him and say 'enough is enough'.

I've worked for many companies and at times have seen friends and colleagues treated in what I would say is a shabby manner (not illegal). If I was then to sabotage that company by my actions I would be fired on the spot. He needs to grow up and realize how great the last 12 (or so) years have been playing with his mates in a winning team. Not stand there and urinate on the legacy he helped build.

Hope we win tonight and the GF.

However it is highly unlikely choc will be at manly in 2015 !!

Don't know about foran

Daveagle said:
6/71 said:
Once all is said and done, I would imagine Choc will be remembered as a villain.

I'm honestly curious as to how many fans want us to lose tonight so the whole sorry season can be forgotten.

Are you serious?

Deadly. Not saying that I personally subscribe to it but looking at the general opinions of others, I wouldn't be surprised if it is the case for some.

Of course I hope we win, but I also want this whole sorry saga to be over and that will only happen after we lose ( or win a GF).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8