Watmough, no more alcohol for season 2011 please

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
The response from our club was fair enough. Importantly, we needed to take strong enough action in the eyes of the NRL. We lost the moral high ground with this incident, so the swift action Manly was appropriate.

I despise the NRL so we did well to keep them from intervening.

Watmough needs to wake up. He is on the outer in the rep scene and that has nothing to do with his ability. We all want him to be at Manly for the rest of his career but not at any cost.

If he quit drinking until grand final day, I bet he would drop less balls on the field and be the gun NRL second rower.

Maybe his next goal could after the grand final could be to learn to drink in moderation and learn how to have a good time without getting to the point where stupid decisions are made.

Grow up Choc, you are not a kid anymore.

Also .... Would be a good time to test Buhrer at hooker.

Bring Beaver back to organise poker nights. The wasn't much trouble when he was around.

Steve Menzies is a legend something Watmough will never be.

Someone get Kennedy to give Choc a call.

I know a lot of us are laying into those guys and whilst others here like to say that it's something that people do and not a big thing or whatnot, it's still a sign that the players have done something to hurt the fans and the club. 

And since pretty much every media outlet has covered this (after the speeding incident how could they not?), it's really not a good thing for the club.  Is this the first off field 'incident' since kick off?

I don't think it is just the alcohol, when he got busted for speeding he hadn't been drinking.  Just needs to grow up and step down off the pedestal.

[quote author=swoop link=topic=187310.msg330584#msg330584 date=1301921099]
Bring Beaver back to organise poker nights. The wasn't much trouble when he was around.

[/quotewat did he do swoop
refuse an autograph or something you have way way to much venom towards the bloke

he ****ed up hes been punished and hes on his last warning isnt that enough

Jatz Crackers link said:
Roosters tried an alcohol ban. Didnt work there and wont work here.

Nor it should, anyway.

I agree that a club imposed alcohol ban wouldn't work, but I would love nothing more than to see Choc see the enormous benefits that giving up the drink for the season could provide to both himself and the club and make the decision himself.

If he's so drunk at 9:30pm on a Sunday night that he thinks it is a good idea to take a piss in the Corso then it shouldn't surprise anyone that his motor skills aren't strong enough to enable him to catch the footy on a regular basis.

I think we all know Choc is a gun player, and in my view he has been performing pretty well for us this year.  But he could be a superstar like he was a few years ago if he was willing to put in the effort and make the sacrifices which are required to be a champion.

He needs to ask himself whether he wants to be the best forward in the game and possibly win another premiership (or more), or whether he would prefer to get pissed up at the Corso.  At the moment the answer seems to be the latter.

Cambo link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=187310.msg330584#msg330584 date=1301921099]

[/quotewat did he do swoop
refuse an autograph or something you have way way to much venom towards the bloke

he f**ked up hes been punished and hes on his last warning isnt that enough
How many times has he ****ed up Cambo? And how long does it take him to learn anything?

He had the girlfriend dramma, the season launch where he had a go at one of our sponsors, doing 50kph over the limit on p-plates and now pissing on shopfronts.

If it were his 1st offence it wouldn't bother me, but I'm not the only one on his case, the club and even Dessie are saying if he ****s up again he's gone.

And since his upgraded contract we haven't seen the form he was in after he played the SOO match.

No more Alcohol...unless self imposed ain't going to work.

What Choc needs to do is start acting like a senior member of the squad, when he does that the other part will fall into line.

I hate to say it guys, but I don't know if choc will ever be able to grow up. He is not alone though, you only have to look at guys like Thurston and Todd Carney. They should never get on the piss, as they simply can't act like a grown up when they are on it.

I'm sure we have all got one of those mates that you dread getting on this piss with, you know that they are going to make an arse of themselves. These guys are those types, they will never learn. 

He needs to ask himself whether he wants to be the best forward in the game and possibly win another premiership (or more), or whether he would prefer to get pissed up at the Corso.  At the moment the answer seems to be the latter.
Maybe he should ring Andrew Symonds for his thoughts! :)

b
MANLY4LIFE link said:
ha ha asking him to stay off the grog is like expecting him not to drop the ball 6 times a game,its not gonna happen !

i dont think he understands how close to losing his contract he really is ...
dont let the facts get in the way of good carve you clown

hes been in solid form this year and has lowered the errors after rd1

Drinking is fine - in moderation. I've seen players out VERY late round these parts early in the morning before a game. Alcohol is the culture round the club.

Not that I care though. We look ok. Just saying the lads "enjoy" a solid drinking session.

I'm talking about most too.

As someone else mentioned, the Roosters would take him in a flash. He could compete with the rest of the Roosters playing roster in becoming the first player to be totally covered in indecipherable east Asian hieroglyphics (which generally translate to something like '**** you, Gweilo Sucker), Celtic barbed wire and Polynesian gewgaws from head to foot, which of course will have merged into an amorphous ink blob by the time the lucky ex-player has hit 35.

I understand there is a considerable bonus written into the contracts of each Roosters player for just such an eventuality.

They also have a fulltime tattoo 'artiste' on the coaching staff, for those lay-offs between training sessions, Cock and Bull boozefests (with a section of the pub's external wall reserved for loaded Roosters players to take a public leak- right up Anthony's urinary tract) and skinny chai lattes (with an extra shot) down at the Lamrock Cafe.

MANLY4LIFE link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=187310.msg330816#msg330816 date=1301990895]
b[quote author=MANLY4LIFE link=topic=187310.msg330812#msg330812 date=1301989146]
ha ha asking him to stay off the grog is like expecting him not to drop the ball 6 times a game,its not gonna happen !

[/quote]

thats why eveyone still bags him for his handling errors around here and calls him dropmough ! everyone knows he cant catch are you in denial ?

ps he is in my fantasy team lol if he cut his error rate down he would do even better for me

[/quote]

From NRL stats

Watmough has made 3 errors this season, 2 v Melbourne, 1 v Newcastle and was error free v Souths and the Roosters

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=MANLY4LIFE link=topic=187310.msg330831#msg330831 date=1301994185]
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=187310.msg330816#msg330816 date=1301990895]
b[quote author=MANLY4LIFE link=topic=187310.msg330812#msg330812 date=1301989146]

[/quote]

thats why eveyone still bags him for his handling errors around here and calls him dropmough ! everyone knows he cant catch are you in denial ?

ps he is in my fantasy team lol if he cut his error rate down he would do even better for me

[/quote]

From NRL stats

Watmough has made 3 errors this season, 2 v Melbourne, 1 v Newcastle and was error free v Souths and the Roosters
[/quote]
your full of it ke he drops 6 balls a game :p

Interestingly Cambo the man who made the most errors in that Roosters game was our man of the match with 3 in the match

No they don't, that is why they have different stats line

Either way, a penalty is not the dropped ball you were refering too bud ;)

Kiwi Eagle link said:
No they don't, that is why they have different stats line

Either way, a penalty is not the dropped ball you were refering too

Also I suggest a few of those penalties were unwarranted as well.

Anyone who seriously thinks that we'd be better off without Watmough has to have their rugby league acumen questioned.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6