Watmough [Merged Mega Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Watmough

I'm critical of Choc at the best of times, but I think his last 2 weeks have been some of his best this year. Not much crabbing and some real straight hard running up the guts.

mickqld said:
Anyone questioning Choc's committement to the team needs to re-examine their thoughts. He bleeds Sea Eagle and always will. The man is a Sea Eagle legend and always will be.

Totally agree. People saying he can leave and would be easy to replace have got no idea. Would hate to think of our current pack without him it. We'd be in some serious trouble that's for sure.

HappilyManly said:
Budgewoi Eagle said:
OK. Gotta say it. Anyone else think Choc has had some cosmetic work done? Botox at the very least? He looks odd.

Agree that he's lifted his game since the 'controversy' broke.
:huh: :p

Probably the facials from Opponents have smoothed his wear brow :)

Probably married-life with the gorgeous Elle!

Agrees with him, and puts a regular spring in the step. And colour in the cheeks!

;)

He was really good today; is irreplaceable for Us; and we're far from the same team when he's not out there.

Good to see an overwhelming majority recognize all that, too!

Red Pill said:
Kevinward777 said:
byso said:
Does anyone feel this bloke is still putting in 100%?
He let a Titan run straight past him when their first try.

I reckon all the talk of discontent may be closer to the mark than many believe.
What a load of BS! Choc was awesome today Best forward on the field IMO

Couldn't agree more RP.

Choc was unstoppable today - has really been puttin' in recently.

Leader of the forwards and looks like he wants to lead the team to another premiership victory / Gifty's swansong.

cheers

byso said:

Are you serious? He has his off days, as they all do, but to suggest he is not putting in 100% is just rubbish. Watch the replay, forget the paper talk, then come back and say he's not. I thought he was one of our best today.

RiverEagle said:
HappilyManly said:
Budgewoi Eagle said:
OK. Gotta say it. Anyone else think Choc has had some cosmetic work done? Botox at the very least? He looks odd.

:huh: :p

Probably the facials from Opponents have smoothed his wear brow :)

Probably married-life with the gorgeous Elle!

Agrees with him, and puts a regular spring in the step. And colour in the cheeks!

;)

He was really good today; is irreplaceable for Us; and we're far from the same team when he's not out there.

Good to see an overwhelming majority recognize all that, too!

He looked good to me last night and today. :)

byso said:

There aren't many, if any, in the NRL who would have stopped Roberts from scoring that try. Obstruction aside, he just burned everyone for pace. Hell, Roberts would have made the current flavours of the month (Inglis and Hayne) look silly with that run. The kid is a talent.

I think something switched on in Chocs head last week in the second half. Its almost like he said "#^* it" and started to run like he used too and was surging in back behind the play the ball and he cut out the type of running which has been part of his game just a little bit too much this year for my liking and thats the cross field looking to pass. I was cutting him some slack because he's still racking up the defensive numbers and thought he is playing busted but I think he's returned to some of his better stuff the last 2 weeks.

Masked Eagle said:
I think something switched on in Chocs head last week in the second half. Its almost like he said "#^* it" and started to run like he used too and was surging in back behind the play the ball and he cut out the type of running which has been part of his game just a little bit too much this year for my liking and thats the cross field looking to pass. I was cutting him some slack because he's still racking up the defensive numbers and thought he is playing busted but I think he's returned to some of his better stuff the last 2 weeks.

Couldn't agree more!

With our injuries at various times (especially not having Gift's ball-playing there) I think too often Choc was moving away from his natural running game, to try and add that extra creativity on our edges.

Today though he far more often hit the line at speed, and/or forget about always looking for an off-load.

He's still really quick for a back-rower, and made significant and valuable metres all afternoon.

And his defence is often overlooked (or taken for granted perhaps) and was important today, too.

Whatever Tooves and co. have said to him, I hope he continues to listen and respond for the rest of the season!

castle eagle said:
byso said:

so did half of the team

So did the two Titans players he ran behind :D

Budgewoi Eagle said:

Yes. Yes, I did. It's like the eyes are more open, and/or some dark eyeliner around them!!! A little unsettling.... :)

Roberts try- It looked like Watmough followed the play to his left, & ended up behind Lyon, when Roberts came back he ran thru that gap.
Not good, but just one of those things.

What I don't like is that Watmough, Foran and B Stewart were at a cafe last week openly bragging that Choc / Foran are going to play under brad Arthur at The Eels next season, and Brett Stewart The Titans. They said this was all being done after the finals.

Apparently a portion of the senior playing group aren't talking to Toovey.

I heard this 1st hand from a person there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4