Watmough in any era...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Though I love flair & skills often shown by Lyon, DCE & the flying Snake, Choc Watmough represents the good old school toughness that makes the game of rugby league so great.
Players like Ronny Gibbs & BK who always stepped up in the big games, thriving on the tough conditions.
Ppl talk about the hard men of the game back in the day, but I would back Watmough to handle himself against them all.
Over the past 5 years Snake Stewart has proven an absolute matchwinner & vital cog in the Manly machine.
Well Choc has stepped up & is as vital for mine,with his toughness & enthusiasm never more evident than Friday night.
To watch Choc rise from an athletic, energetic young backrower to the most dominant 2nd row leader is down to the heart of a champion.
While he can still hop on 1 leg, you can bet he will be right amongst it against that monster Souths pack & while he is on the field, Manly are always in the game.

BOZO said:
You are right MK Choc is a Champion

How about when he channelled his half-back days in round 20 2012 at Brookvale against the Dogs in the 2nd half when he drifted across field and put King into a gap to score beside the posts.

You're right MK. There's no way Choc will miss Friday's game. In fact I think he'd just about do a "John Sattler" if he had to. What a legend - actually not just a legend but a Manly legend!

driftout said:
BOZO said:
You are right MK Choc is a Champion

How about when he channelled his half-back days in round 20 2012 at Brookvale against the Dogs in the 2nd half when he drifted across field and put King into a gap to score beside the posts.

There was also that moment in Origin where NSW were out of sorts on the 5th tackle. The ball came to Watmough who put up the perfect bomb and NSW scored a try off it. I turned to my mate at that moment and told him that Choc could do it all.

Choc is a pocket battleship, he'll blow Souths out of the water on Friday night! :D

There are several players in our current team that qualify as iron men; Choc, Matai and Ballin are three.

If I think back across my time supporting Manly, Choc's effort v the Tigers in a losing cause around 2009 is the single best performance I have seen individually from a Manly player, and was the weekend after a man of the match effort for NSW as well

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7