Watmough & Elle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good news. All is fine with Choc's baby.
Choc posted this on Twitter:

• awatmoughWe are over the moon to let you all know that after 5 weeks of testing we just received the news that our baby girl has beaten the odds and is healthy and does not have Trisomy 18. We have a rare condition called "Confined Placental Mosaicism" where the T18 cells are confined to the placenta but are not present in the baby. We will just need regular ultrasounds to make sure she is growing properly, but we are so thrilled to be out of the woods. The last 5 weeks have been overwhelming, scary and frustrating but we could not have done it without everyone's love and support. We honestly appreciate it more than you could know. We can't wait for you to meet our bub in March 2016.

WTF - Medical incompetence, this poor woman has been stressed for no reason :swear:

Hope this IVF results in a happy addition to the Watmough Clan :angel:
I wouldn't say it was medical incompetence, these things happen sometimes
Well for a patient who has lost a couple of babies during IVF, I would have thought that unless they knew something, they should not say anything to Elle, as it did nothing but cause undue stress on the mother.

JT last night broke down with the emotion of the 4th Dally M win, and apparently it was his recollection of the stress his partner had in conceiving and delivering their 2 IVF babies.

Well for a patient who has lost a couple of babies during IVF, I would have thought that unless they knew something, they should not say anything to Elle, as it did nothing but cause undue stress on the mother.

JT last night broke down with the emotion of the 4th Dally M win, and apparently it was his recollection of the stress his partner had in conceiving and delivering their 2 IVF babies.

That is not the way of the modern medical system....they tell you everything and it almost always the worst case scenario

With my daughter we were told of everything that "might" be wrong and several things which were straight out wrong

After all they've been through, they deserve a bit of luck to go their way. Very happy for them!
And yes @MadMarcus its times like this that do put things into perspective.

That is not the way of the modern medical system....they tell you everything and it almost always the worst case scenario

With my daughter we were told of everything that "might" be wrong and several things which were straight out wrong
Too much information to cover potential liability claims I guess. @:rolleyes:

I like most of you are relieved to hear the news that the unborn baby does not have the disease that was feared. That is fantastic news and hopefully now Choc and his partner can now really look forward to having a healthy baby and enjoy being parents. Good luck to them.

Too much information to cover potential liability claims I guess. @:rolleyes:
No it's called keeping a patient informed. It's not about liability. People without medical knowledge using doctor Google makes it extremely hard for medical professionals. It's like people who have never taught a class bashing teachers.

Interesting episode of 4 Corners this week on this very subject. My experiences with the medical profession in this country, which thankfully has been a very limited one, is that they are all about CYA (cover your ass).

Good news. All is fine with Choc's baby.
Choc posted this on Twitter:

• awatmoughWe are over the moon to let you all know that after 5 weeks of testing we just received the news that our baby girl has beaten the odds and is healthy and does not have Trisomy 18. We have a rare condition called "Confined Placental Mosaicism" where the T18 cells are confined to the placenta but are not present in the baby. We will just need regular ultrasounds to make sure she is growing properly, but we are so thrilled to be out of the woods. The last 5 weeks have been overwhelming, scary and frustrating but we could not have done it without everyone's love and support. We honestly appreciate it more than you could know. We can't wait for you to meet our bub in March 2016.
Yay. I am so excited.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7