Watching through Rose-coloured glasses

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd like to keep Gorge Rose, especially considering the fact that we're thin on front rowers at the moment. The questions are - What is he worth? Can we afford him? How do you put a price on happiness? Do smiles at training translate to a greater on-field team performance?
Re - That Gorgeous physique. If he was in optimal shape, I don't think he would be a front rower any longer or have enough skill to play another position at his age.

People are using the argument that we are thin on frontrowers at the moment to re-sign him for next year.

Those people do realise that we can use that 250k (roughly) to sign another frontrower. Plus Jake and Sao will be further developed

As we always do Rose will be let go provided we can sign a replacement prop who is better than him.

Disco said:
People are using the argument that we are thin on frontrowers at the moment to re-sign him for next year.

Those people do realise that we can use that 250k (roughly) to sign another frontrower. Plus Jake and Sao will be further developed

Yes it's true, that is the premise of the argument. It is just a more pressing issue than the, "who will bring us smiles" quandary.

And yes, I think 'those people' do realise that this is not a choice between either George or no one at all. I think the issue that lent persuasion to the 'please don't go' sentiment is due partly to his "cult figure" status and the misguided assumption that he paid for his own meals. I personally had no idea that he was on 250k. Holy Sheesh kebabs! Why?? Smiles? Happiness? We could buy ten real jumping castles for that money.

I guess the other factor to consider is the current available stock of quality substitutes on the market. Imagine what was going through Gould's melting head as he walked with trepidation, into that desperately anxious boardroom with Soward all over his face. A "marquee signing", he confessed with the eerie certainty of a cult leader.

Disco said:

If we're thin on front rowers then Big George'll certainly solve that.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2