Watching snake score that try...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Contentedness aside, I wonder if his brand of football is one that can't last into his late twenties? From the get go, this not very big player threw himself wholeheartedly at every defensive challenge and defensive line that presented itself. Maybe the body just can't keep playing that way and there is no Plan B?

(And no, getting a taxi through the defensive line is not an option!)

susan said:
....reminded me that Snake is a player that can do a Lockyer and convert to 5/8. he is great defensively,has beefed up and has sublime hands.And we are going to need a 5/8 soon because the bloke playing there right now does not want to be there! All I have read this morning is about DCE,field goals etc.What was evident is that DCE cares.......Newsflash - the bloke in the 6 gets paid more than him and has rarely been sighted for the last 6 weeks.The club aren't to happy about it either.Needs to commit or leave and get on with it.

On the effort tonight it just shows what this club is all about.I flew down expecting the worse,got it for 30 minutes and then saw the stuff that sets this club apart.If we keep the guys who want to play for our famous jersey then as usual we will be fine.

You mentioned this the other week and I thought Keiren had been good up until then, so I made a point to look at him more closely last night. I have to say you were right, he didn't look like his head was in the game and certainly not overly enthusiastic at all. Not the player I remember.

Who knows what is going on...whatever it is, I hope it is dealt with quick-smart and we start with a squad of 25 that all are desperate to play for our club.

Snake at 5/8 seriously lol have you not seen how he passes the ball lol.

Forans performances have been down the last 6-8 weeks totally agree but your points about paid for aggression is way off the mark even though that is what he has displayed since coming into grade.

DCE's poor form has been going on longer than Foran this year---I do think at times especially earlier in the year DCE has been playing injured to be fair.

Foran is playing lighter and sharper this year and for the most part of the season been one of our best players.

Toning down the aggression in his game and choosing his moments has been evident all year----trying to play smarter not harder to keep him fresh and on the field is in Manly's best interests.

Like I said I do agree there has been an attitude shift---evident with some lazy reads in defence and at times does look a little tired for some reason---especially since after the flu he had.

We never had the forwards and the self belief/confidence was finally killed in the Souths game at the SCG---a few times in the season we did not hit the markers expected of a premiership winning side and that was the final nail in the coffin.

Once the self belief was gone the behind the scenes negatives had an opportunity to flourish and the downward spiral was in full effect.

Combine not having the forwards, injuries to our best defensive players and the attitude shift to the negative due to the politics behind the scenes and you have a recipe for disaster.

lol hey.go and find some league people who think Snake can't pass.Good luck with that one.

the flu!!!!! That will do me..He is paid an absolute fortune but the finals are a bridge too far because he had the flu a few weeks ago.He is 100 per cent fit or as fit as any NRL player after 26 rounds.

My idea for snake to play 5/8 only comes into play if Foran leaves.Obviously if he stays Kieran is a better optionIF he wants to be here and that is a big if.Toovey left no doubt in his post match interview that there is plenty to unfold and most will be around the 6.Choc is gone.If anyone thinks we compete with the best if Littlejohn plays 5/8 behind a pack that is rebuilding is kidding themselves.We have top class replacements at the back and zero in the halves so Snake is a valid option and he can pass ,even if you as the master coach disagree......I am not making assumptions about Forans attitude.The club isn't happy with his attitude and something is going to give either way very soon.He commits or he leaves.

Technical Coach said:
Snake at 5/8 seriously lol have you not seen how he passes the ball lol.

He leads our try assists by quite a way. How does that happen if you can't pass ??

I agree with some of your assessments but I think you are off the mark here. If Foran goes he wouldn't be the worst option at 6.

Say all you want about Foran. He hasn't done the job expected of a $1m dollar player.
Snake is a much better ball player than he has ever been given credit for and is an entirely valid option if we want to get rid of Foran, free up some $ and buy some muscle up front.
We have the backs to accommodate that.

Have a look at his passing to Tafua on the sweep play we used to such great effect earlier in the season..Rarely does he not hit the mark perfectly.Similarly his magic pass to Lyon on the right a few weeks ago.In any case Snakes main danger would lie with his running game.

At the Rorters Pearce plays the creative role and Maloney hits holes with the occasional pass.I can see that working at Manly.AND for the life of me I can't understand why great players get consigned to one side of the field.The only bloke who doesn't is Thurston and his stats this year defy belief.Snake in a roving role would be sensational....but they all seem to stick to the same old same old.

susan said:
lol hey.go and find some league people who think Snake can't pass.Good luck with that one. . . . . .
. . . . .We have top class replacements at the back and zero in the halves so Snake is a valid option and he can pass ,even if you as the master coach disagree......I am not making assumptions about Forans attitude.The club isn't happy with his attitude and something is going to give either way very soon.He commits or he leaves.
TC is DEAD WRONG. Susan is correct.

Of course Snake can pass. His positional awareness is top notch. I've seen him flick pass,
pass between his legs,
pass around the back,
throw long passes. I've seen him pass off the ground to unmarked Kite in GF and to DCE in round match
I.ve seen him do athletic regather and pass from the ground in one motion. He holds the ball up and commits defenders. He's bigger now, not as quick which is only natural for an ageing star. He's generous when an attacker is in a better position than he to finish off the try or movement.

IN FACT his passing is better than FORAN's. :exclamation:

No way Foran is the kind of guy to turn it up. He was our best for 80% of games this year, and set up more tries on the left edge than DCE on the right this year. All because of one article about him having a chat with Tooves and everyone turns on him. He is a future captain of the club and someone opposition supporters dream of having at their club. He was disappointed with Gift leaving, but he is no soon and will get on with the job next year.

susan said:
lol hey.go and find some league people who think Snake can't pass.Good luck with that one.

the flu!!!!! That will do me..He is paid an absolute fortune but the finals are a bridge too far because he had the flu a few weeks ago.He is 100 per cent fit or as fit as any NRL player after 26 rounds.

My idea for snake to play 5/8 only comes into play if Foran leaves.Obviously if he stays Kieran is a better optionIF he wants to be here and that is a big if.Toovey left no doubt in his post match interview that there is plenty to unfold and most will be around the 6.Choc is gone.If anyone thinks we compete with the best if Littlejohn plays 5/8 behind a pack that is rebuilding is kidding themselves.We have top class replacements at the back and zero in the halves so Snake is a valid option and he can pass ,even if you as the master coach disagree......I am not making assumptions about Forans attitude.The club isn't happy with his attitude and something is going to give either way very soon.He commits or he leaves.

Not blaming the flu just stating from that point he has seemed to struggle a little and showing signs of fatigue at times.

You do realise you can feel weak with the flu for a few weeks all i am saying is not all that 8 weeks is due to attitude.

Add to that the lack of forwards combined with attitude and at the start illness and you have your poor or average 6-8 weeks.

susan said:

The reason why people have been scrutinising DCE more than Foran this year is that Foran has been performing better for most of the year.

Yes i agree Forans body language on the field has not been good the last 6 weeks or so but considering he has been one of our better players based off the whole year it is fair to be judging DCE's performances more than Forans.

Both went missing last night also a game either one of them could have won on their own.

Bretts attitude at times has not been great either it is not an isolated problem it is a collective issue.

susan said:

I don't care what others think, Brett has a poor pass on him, he does have quick hands though.

Brett with time and space can throw some wild passes and weak passes that tend to float in the air not crisp and flat.

Brett looks good with tap ons or dummying and passing against a retreating defensive line. Asking Brett to take a set defensive line that is numbered up well moving forward and having to take the line on and pass no chance in having consistent performances.

Technical Coach said:
susan said:

Not blaming the flu just stating from that point he has seemed to struggle a little and showing signs of fatigue at times.

You do realise you can feel weak with the flu for a few weeks all i am saying is not all that 8 weeks is due to attitude.

Add to that the lack of forwards combined with attitude and at the start illness and you have your poor or average 6-8 weeks.

susan said:

The reason why people have been scrutinising DCE more than Foran this year is that Foran has been performing better for most of the year.

Yes i agree Forans body language on the field has not been good the last 6 weeks or so but considering he has been one of our better players based off the whole year it is fair to be judging DCE's performances more than Forans.

Both went missing last night also a game either one of them could have won on their own.

Bretts attitude at times has not been great either it is not an isolated problem it is a collective issue.

susan said:

I don't care what others think, Brett has a poor pass on him, he does have quick hands though.

Brett with time and space can throw some wild passes and weak passes that tend to float in the air not crisp and flat.

Brett looks good with tap ons or dummying and passing against a retreating defensive line. Asking Brett to take a set defensive line that is numbered up well moving forward and having to take the line on and pass no chance in having consistent performances.

I've cracked it; Technical coach is Brian Smith...no one else could possibly nitpick like this. You'd be texting Snake at 2am in the morning whilst ur up watching tape saying "I've noticed some of your passes have floated too much lately. Even though you are second in the comp for try assists and sat out 6 games this year, you need to learn to pass better".

the mauler said:
eagle40 said:
Foran's a disgruntled player with his friends, Watmough, Mattai & the Stewart brothers.
Some people on here need to get up to speed.

Thanks for the update scoop.

It was a fair point, considering 90 percent of the posters didn't think there was a problem at the club a week or so ago!

Snake said:
Technical Coach said:
susan said:

susan said:

susan said:

I've cracked it; Technical coach is Brian Smith...no one else could possibly nitpick like this. You'd be texting Snake at 2am in the morning whilst ur up watching tape saying "I've noticed some of your passes have floated too much lately. Even though you are second in the comp for try assists and sat out 6 games this year, you need to learn to pass better".

People and their try assists, let me rephrase every player can pass he does not have a confident consistent ballplaying quality pass on him that is conducive to consistent performances in the 5/8 position.

The excellent work in the middle from Foran DCE G.Stewart and the lines of Matai and Lyon assisted the assist rates in his favour, but still all class to take advantage of the situation and great timing from Brett.

Some assists are not assists just a completion to a sweeping play.

Glenn Stewart is so far ahead of his brother in this element it is not funny.

Susan, quite regularly you mention that you know the club is this and that....... Are you connected in some way.

Are we bagging the same bloke who for most of the year when our forwards were'nt going forward, was our most direct runner ? Would understand if he was playing injured, given what he puts his body through. All NRL games are decided these days on a flukey call here or there. Didn't get ours last night, but feeling a whole lot better about the club today, despite the loss.

Aussie Battler said:
Are we bagging the same bloke who for most of the year when our forwards were'nt going forward, was our most direct runner ? Would understand if he was playing injured, given what he puts his body through. All NRL games are decided these days on a flukey call here or there. Didn't get ours last night, but feeling a whole lot better about the club today, despite the loss.

Well your no fun. Don't bring reality into this conversation sheesh.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6