Wasted talents

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Daniel said:
beat you t it by a split second :)

Which begs the question, whatever happened to that warning that would let you know that extra posts had been made in the thread while you were typing your reply ?? That was a handy little function

Chip and Chase said:
Daniel said:
beat you t it by a split second :)

Which begs the question, whatever happened to that warning that would let you know that extra posts had been made in the thread while you were typing your reply ?? That was a handy little function

I'll have a hunt around, I thought I turned that on

I guess on a theme of wasted talent, this is more along the lines of the talent we wasted in having the following in our team, rather than him having talent, so many decent players missed out because of

Scott Fulton

My goodness Dan - you have opened a HUGE can of worms in that one! Try talking about Dave Brown, Martin Bella etc. Back in the 80's we had a reserve grade side who would have won a few premierships..... And then there was Brett Fulton!

I guess the off-field issue can be many things. Grog, mental health, general dick-headedness, not trying, having a famous father.

Speaking of Scott Fulton, who in my opinion got way more allowance than Brett.....

http://www.silvertails.net/articles/ex-player-profiles/3340

I don't think Wheel ever wrote one on Brett, though I would love to see him pick up his pen, or keyboard as it were and write some more of these, the ex-player profiles were superb

In recent times M.Bani... I thought he would set the world alight when he hit his first patch of great form, then injuries took hold and he has not been the same.

Sam Harris was horrible. As was Chad Randall. Andrew or Anthony .....argh! His nickname was "EMUUUUUUU".

Jack Elsegood kind of went downhill fast. It was like watching a teflon sled go down an icy mountain, bloody quick. Chris Ryan had his moments.

It was a waste to let Daniel Gartner go, and I think Nik Kosef could've been better. Don't get me wrong, he was great, but I think he had more talent than he showed.

And what was the deal with Chris White? Early nineties second-rower in reserve grade. He was one of the worst players I've ever seen.

Geez, those were the days. I was a kid with my brother and sister, and got to Brookie at about 10, watched Presidents Cup until 1st Grade hit full-time. The reserve grade fullback wore 18 and the rest on down. Brilliant!

WAMF said:
Yes, who could forget our back row of Chris White, John Jones & Glenn Ryan.

I loved John Jones! He visited my school, because he was a cop as well. He didn't let me hold his gun, but he gave me his autograph! I was 7 and SOOOO happy!

lol good old Jughead :)

As for Kosef and Gartner, they were both busted up pretty badly by the time we let them go. Knee and shoulder injuries seeing an end to their career.

Sad really they were outstanding players.

Koser, Gartner and Menzies were the unstoppable trio and one of the best backrows you will ever be likely to see again

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6