Was the recent test against India the best test you've watched??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

I'm talking about the first ODI they played. The one bangladesh won anyway

Can anyone remember Murali's first ball to Gatting?

My guess is he chucked it

Murali :lol:

The only reason that he was allowed to continue to bowl was because of a) sri lankas poor team at the time and b) the money.

He throws the ball simple, i couldn't care less if the next person holding the record is Warne or f*cking Ratatunga.

The ICC dug their own hole by changing the rules for Murali to let Sri Lanka be competitive.

And now they are digging themselves an even bigger one by kowtowing to indian pressure

It's BS. ANother case of india thinking the run the show. The ICC should show some balls and tell em to go jump.

India dont think it Nutz, they know it after this week, and it will just be confirmed when Harbajhan gets off next week.

What would you do if you were the ICC Fro?

My whole take on the situation is that I dont actually think Harbajan meant what he said to be a racist comment. however with the recent taunts of Symonds in India, he should have chosen his words more carefully.

He could of called him a stupid donkey, or dog, or slut or anything really, except Monkey.

Racist, probably not. Stupid, definitely.

As i said earlier, in 2 weeks time this will all be forgotten about and no one will care.

If I were the ICC I would have given Bucknor a tap on the Shoulder 5 years ago (he has been going downhill for a while) to let the poor bastard retire with dignity.

I would have put Madagalle in as referee before the series started, hes a lot more of a disciplinarian than Proctor is, Yuvraj would have been found guilty of dissent in Melbourne and the players wold have known where they stood.

But Mainly I would have not put up with Indias garbage of the last many years, they have been pushing the boundaries for years and the ICC just bend over and cop it. The name Jagmohan Dalmiya ring a bell.

I would have kicked Pontings arse long ago, its when these clowns are allowed to get away with the behaviour that they have for so long that these issues happen. they carry on like kids treat them like it.

My whole take on the situation is that I dont actually think Harbajan meant what he said to be a racist comment. however with the recent taunts of Symonds in India, he should have chosen his words more carefully.

I don't know about you Clon but in the heat of a sporting battle I find it pretty hard to choose my words carefully - especially when someone is screaming expletives at me as the aggressor.

Fro, your solutions are all with the benefit of hindsight. What would you do NOW?

I'd fine or suspend Ponting, and I would uphold Singhs Suspension.

And I'd tell the BCCI that the ICC was not going to be held to ransom.

And Yes I realise that none of that is going to happen.

which makes it easy because you also don't have to wear the consequences of your soulda mentality.

whatever. You asked the question I anwered it, if thats not enough then tough ****

Are we to believe that habi's so stupid that he can't possibly correlate any connection between his country's recent racial abuse of symonds and then him saying anything to do with mokeys to andrew?

I have every confidence that the Australian cricket team aren't concocting some big scheme to remove singh from the series after already winning both games.

And to think the Indian's are crying poor while at the same time mounting a case against hogg for bad language.

You can't have it both ways. Ask some of the aboriginals you work with what they'd rather be called mata.

A monkey or a ****head.

Roebuck on the money again this morning:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/arrogant-ponting-must-be-fired-roebuck/2008/01/07/1199554571883.html

One of your heroes Mata?

He's got a hide to talk about morality

Ex-Somerset captain caned young cricketers
By Peter Foster
Last Updated: 11:27pm BST 19/10/2001

PETER ROEBUCK, the former Somerset cricket captain and journalist, was given a suspended jail sentence yesterday for caning apprentice players in his care.

Roebuck, 45, admitted common assault on three 19-year-old South Africans who lodged at his bungalow near Taunton, Somerset.

The Cambridge graduate, who captained the side that included Ian Botham and Viv Richards, beat the boys across the buttocks when they failed his fitness tests.

advertisement
Taunton Crown Court was told Roebuck had abused his position and inflicted humiliating punishments.

Judge Graham Hume Jones gave him three concurrent four-month sentences, suspended for two years.

Ian Fenny, prosecuting, said Roebuck, who holds Australian citizenship, used his insistence on fitness as an excuse.

He said: "It may well be that Roebuck deliberately took these boys on an arduous run so he could create the environment in which he could mete out punishment."

In the first case, a promising cricketer whom Roebuck first met while coaching in Somerset, arrived at Roebuck's home in March 1999.

When he failed to perform adequately, Roebuck selected a cane from a rack of six which he kept in his converted garage for the purpose.

In a statement, the victim said Roebuck told him: "I'm going to cane you now. Then it will be over and I will forgive you and, if I don't cane you, I will feel differently about you."

Roebuck asked the boy to bend over and delivered three "forceful strokes" over his clothing.

Mr Fenny said: "Roebuck then pulled the boy towards him, in what appeared to be an act of affection. He then asked if he could look at the marks on the boy's buttocks, something which he in fact did."

Another boy was beaten by Roebuck when he failed to keep up on a run. "He, too, was left feeling considerable distress and humiliation."

A third boy, who now plays for a local team, received similar treatment, being beaten by Roebuck and asked to show the marks.

The second boy, now living South Africa, said: "I did not consent to any assault but he is a dominant person who makes you feel that you must do as he says."

The "unusual and bizarre" treatment was discovered when he complained to a family friend, Richard Lines, secretary of nearby Bishop's Lydeard cricket club.

Mr Lines told police that he went to collect the boys and discovered the canes and a newspaper cutting on the wall showing prisoners chained together on their way to receive a public beating.

He removed the boys to another address and made a formal complaint to police. Roebuck telephoned Mr Lines the next day and told him the boys were caned "for their own good".

Paul Mendelle, defending, said Roebuck was a man of "high standards" who considered corporal punishment a necessary part of the boys' education.

He had made no secret of the harshness of his regime, writing to one prospective apprentice: "I have no time for half-heartedness. My philosophy is 'through fire and into light'."

He said 25 out of 29 boys who had stayed with Roebuck had written in support, one stating that Roebuck had given him "the two best summers" of his life.

Roebuck was originally accused of indecent assault but pleaded guilty to lesser charges of common assault. However, the judge said he did not accept the purity of Roebuck's motives.

He said: "It was not appropriate to administer corporal punishment to boys of this age in circumstances such as these. It seems so unusual that it must have been done to satisfy some need in you.

"These were talented young men with high ambitions. They were far from home, far from their families and were keen to come under the tutelage of a person like you, being highly respected and well-known in the cricket world.

He added: "So, not only were they in your care but you had power and influence over them and that power and influence was abused by you. You used your position to abuse these boys and humiliate them."

FFS the cane was one of the best things that happened to me at school.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4