Was that a dog shot doctor?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
Player safety management. What a joke. Jake was deliberately taken out in the Raiders game and suffered concussion. Mitchell Barnett lined him up and smacked him in the head when he wasn't expecting a third man to join the tackle from his blind side.

A deliberate dog act ... A Grub of an act ...and an action that caused concussion.

If the NRL truly cared about player safety, they would have had an NRL funded and provided doctor on the field, that once concussion was was clearly and immediately diagnosed, Mitchell Barnett should have been sent from the field.

Truly indignant treatment Manly has suffered over the last two weeks with the stupid shoulder charge fiasco ...and to top off the insult, not a word in support from the NRL for players like young Jake, that gets concussed by a swinging arm dog shot.

Player safety management. What a joke. Jake was deliberately taken out in the Raiders game and suffered concussion. Mitchell Barnett lined him up and smacked him in the head when he wasn't expecting a third man to join the tackle from his blind side.

A deliberate dog act ... A Grub of an act ...and an action that caused concussion.

If the NRL truly cared about player safety, they would have had an NRL funded and provided doctor on the field, that once concussion was was clearly and immediately diagnosed, Mitchell Barnett should have been sent from the field.

Truly indignant treatment Manly has suffered over the last two weeks with the stupid shoulder charge fiasco ...and to top off the insult, not a word in support from the NRL for players like young Jake, that gets concussed by a swinging arm dog shot.
By the way, where was the rlpa in all of this shoulder charge bullsh*t ? And I agree with you re the swinging arm non charge, if we are without Jake next week as a result of Barnett's indiscretion what happens there ? Barnett just carries on plying his trade while we suffer the loss of one of our best players, just wrong.

G.Stewarts hit on Matai was a grub act also, the old going over the top to appear to be making a genuine tackle and having the "falling in the tackle" defence on their side.

Yeah you can say it is "not in his nature", "they are best of mates and just catched up for coffee earlier in the week" but to me he runs in lines Matai up and hits him flush with a stiff arm, if he was just trying to make a tackle the arm would not have been as stiff and would be more of a grab.

Glenn's competitive tough nature knew how important Matai is to our chances and it was his way of showing respect that he tried to get on top of Matai but still a grub act in this instance.

Lazy stiff frustrated arm that could have caused more damage than most so called "shoulder charges", i hope Manly plays Souths again and Matai lines Stewart up with an outside in blind side shot, a facial to finish the tackle off then a nice respectful smile at the play the ball.

Last edited:
Must admit I only listened to the game on the radio and watched highlights but I heard the commentator on the radio say if jake comes back on then the concussion rule is a joke. I was like ' what the f@&king f@$k???!!!! He was smashed by an ILLEGAL swinging arm in the first place!!!! Shouldn't the raiders player be sent off for taking our player out ILLEGALLY?!?!!!?!?????!' Really pissesss me off... Sorry but i remember when players used to get sent off for illegally taking others out of the game.., rant over(for now)

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
By the way, where was the rlpa in all of this shoulder charge bullsh*t ? And I agree with you re the swinging arm non charge, if we are without Jake next week as a result of Barnett's indiscretion what happens there ? Barnett just carries on plying his trade while we suffer the loss of one of our best players, just wrong.

And eagleron and silver tail u r spot on with this!!
I easily love rugby league over all sports ( and I love a lot of them) and always will love league but this crap just really pisses me off!!!!!

Last edited:
Could just imagine the inconsistent send offs for purposeful or accidental damage done to a payer if there was another rule brought into the game in the name of player safety.

They can't even clearly define the rules already in place. The NRL say one thing, their officials put players on report for anything resembling that thing and the judiciary throws each case out all while the players and fans scratch their heads and walk away in dismay from the game in droves.

The shoulder charge was banned ages ago and the NRL and officials failed to enforce the ban by not penalizing until the shoulder charge slowly crept back into the game. Then to compensate the make a ridiculous call to suspend players for the shoulder charge knowing full well that no one shoulder charge is ever the same yet simultaneously trying to describe the act to the masses.

So we have a massive hit by Evans who is let off with a warning, a nothing hit by Mason who misses two weeks while he watches Luke and Guerra run around on the weekend.

There is a very simple fix to this.

No suspensions for shoulder charges that cause no lost time for an opposition player. If an opposition player needs so much as a concussion test the incident goes on report and is graded thereafter. Otherwise, penalty sufficient.

The only issue there is that in a few weeks the NRL will be on their next big issue and the shoulder charge won't be penalised much like incorrect play the balls, forward passes and the ten meter rule. If referees were left with a simple game to referee they would do a good job.

The brain surgeons in head office keep coming up with new rules and new interpretations of them to the point were the basics are forgotten and the referees are running around like headless chickens unsure of what's what and unable to concentrate of there actual job.

Having the dumb, deaf and blind run the touchlines with no actual purpose doesn't help either.

Just leave the f'n game alone and play the f'n thing and it will all work out well for everyone.

Last edited:
Every new rule or interpretation seems to come from whatever has happened this week or last week. Does the phrase knee-jerk ring a bell????
Seriously, whO.....da.......fook...is running this circus????
Greenburg...translation-mr bulldog. What....a...joke....hahaha...we'll I'm not laughing!!!!!
Kue said it perfectly.....leave it the fook alone and it will work out.
(Sheesh, I'm going to have another drink. Who wants one??)

Matai has been hit three times in the nose in the last two weeks. If it happened to the NRL'S golden boy Cam Smith, there WOULD be an investigation.

If a player has to leave the field for a concussion test after an illegal act the player that committed the illegal act should also have to leave the field, both with interchange.

The perpetrator can only return to the field if the concussed (non-concussed) player does.

It's always been thus silvertail. A terrific game overseen by a pack of feeble-minded clowns, even more out of their depth than a lone swimmer atop the Marianas Trench.

If a player has to leave the field for a concussion test after an illegal act the player that committed the illegal act should also have to leave the field, both with interchange.

The perpetrator can only return to the field if the concussed (non-concussed) player does.
At least 10 min sin bin for that deliberate dog shot.

How long before we see a player coming in with a deliberate swinging arm on an opposing teams best player to try get him to miss the rest of the game with concussion, while he just gets penalized and put on report and is allowed to play the rest of the game?? Not long I'd say

Like most Unions I assume they were to busy negotiating kickbacks with someone.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6