1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was he as bad as they say ?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Mrs Eagles Nest, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Mrs Eagles Nest

Mrs Eagles Nest New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manly-boss-complains-about-announcer-20110724-1hvd0.html

2. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,274 / 131
    They should get rid of our ground announcer as well.

3. Captain of the Gate

Captain of the Gate Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Our ground announcer is a punish. I'll cheer when I want to, not when I am told to.

As for the Penrith guy. Jabs like that aren't uncommon in Park football from the announcers but it doesn't really have a place in NRL announcing.

4. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
    I hate when the ground announders speak during games..

For years, the ground announcer would only speak during the game when there was exactly 5 minutes to go to tell everyone not to run on to the field and I used to hate that because it would disctract me in close games and was like a warning bell that made me even more nervous if time was running out and Manly were behind.

Now every time I hear them its like the teams will be walking off the ground in 5 minutes!!. hate it!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,842 / 103
    On the hill at Brookie you can't make out what is said anyway by our new bloke. But I could always make out what Goldie said.
    I'd be happy to get rid of them completely. I really don;t need to know that Jamie Lyon is sponsored by Mrs Needham's laundry business etc.

6. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,274 / 131
    Do we really need ground announcers at all?

7. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    I am sure that Mrs Needhams Laundry Business sees some value in having you know that they sponsor Jamie Lyon.

8. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    I remember being young and the only time i'd hear the announcer was when he was telling us the scores from the other matches (no doubt he said other things but i never listened)... good times.

9. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    IN the days of the man with the ABC announcer's voice:

"Try scored for Manly-Warringah by Number 1, Graham Eadie. Manly-Warringah 48, Parramatta nil".

Yes - if only today's clowns could hear that man's golden tonsils behind the microphone!