Warriors prop Charlie Gubb faces long ban for shoulder charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Will help the Warriors because he is an extremely average player

Ridiculous though, used to have to do something noticeable to get a ban like that and I didn't even see it in the match. Apparently though it is 3 times worse than Thaiday dropping Gallen on the top of his head in origin ...

Most of us may have missed it but Lyon didn't. If you look at him immediately after the tackle you can clearly see him appealing to the referee and pointing to his right shoulder.

Rules are rules. I have no sympathy for the offender. If it were Matai everyone would be screaming for a life ban.

I'll also add that it is all too easy to drop the shoulder when someone's coming at you the way Darcy was. I guess a legitimate tackle was too hard for the Gubb.

And yet, going by the weeks on the sidelines, was 40% WORSE than the Inglis hit? They don't apply the penalty with the outcome in mind, but it still beggars belief that a shoulder shot that resulted in a broken jaw (and I agree, it was pretty innocuous) is given a 3 week suspension whilst a hit that wasn't even penalised at the time results in a higher grading and a minimum 5 weeks.....*

* I've not idea if Gubb has priors that added to his penalty...

** edit: it could be 2 weeks extra for that haircut...

Protected Species, Wasn't it Inglis's hit on Dean Young that really brought about the changes in the Shoulder Charge being banned or brought it to the fore? As a serial repeat offender he should have been rubbed out for longer than 3 weeks.

Protected Species, Wasn't it Inglis's hit on Dean Young that really brought about the changes in the Shoulder Charge being banned or brought it to the fore? As a serial repeat offender he should have been rubbed out for longer than 3 weeks.
Yeah you're bang on... Absolutely smashed him with a proper dog shot shoulder charge...

Obviously though, he was just stopping Young from hurting himself LOL!!

;)

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Most of us may have missed it but Lyon didn't. If you look at him immediately after the tackle you can clearly see him appealing to the referee and pointing to his right shoulder.

Rules are rules. I have no sympathy for the offender. If it were Matai everyone would be screaming for a life ban.
Well like everything else in the game after 15min the clowns missed it if it was anything against the maroon and white team.

Wouldn't be many as I believe we are the most penalised team this year. But you also have to take into consideration when/where we get/receive penalties. We often receive penalties on the first or second tackle, as opposed to being penalised late in the tackle count. Makes a big difference

Crock. It should have been a send-off and a penalty try to us.

But seriously, seven weeks? For what? Gubb could tour the world during that time. If the Warriors don't make it to the top 8, his season is over.

That's pretty pathetic.

the question needs to be how a 7 week suspension is not even worth a penalty.

On that alone the ref should be dropped

What video is there of the incident? All the officials on the day reckon they saw nothing wrong. And how would you possibly determine a long suspension from that video we've been shown? He must've made a pass at someone's misses.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6