1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warriors prop Charlie Gubb faces long ban for shoulder charge

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by tookey, Jul 17, 2016.

1. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,243 / 131
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    WARRIORS prop Charlie Gubb is facing up to seven weeks on the NRL sidelines for a shoulder charge on Darcy Lussick in Manly’s win in Perth on Saturday.

Gubb was hit with a grade two shoulder charge by the NRL match review committee on Sunday for the tackle which happened in the first half of the Sea Eagles’ 15-14 golden point win at nib Stadium.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/f078e27b8e9ba88d45fbd828389e38ea

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,243 / 131
    So the tackle was worth a 3 match ban yet it wasn't even penalised on the field.

Something is terribly wrong with the game and how it is run

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Only way they can get Manly loading in there is to ignore it until after then give the following teams the only benefit

4. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 7
    So have players suddenly started making shoulder charges again, or is it just top of the mrc hit list again mid way through the season?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. mave

mave Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +720 / 28
    NRL inconsistency midway through a season??...imagine my suprise

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,701 / 257
    Darcy has tweeted this afternoon that's it's a complete joke, supports Gubb 150%

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    Never even noticed it...

Inglis is just laughing his ass off...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,742 / 57
    Once again farcical NRL decisions. Not even noticed or penalised yet the guy is getting 7 weeks. Yes Greenturd you have well and truly fuked up this game.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    I noticed it in the game and was screaming for a penalty not because it was bad but well because it was against the rules.

Gubb should rubbed out for his haircut though

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    Due respect to Darcy, but it shouldn't come down to the victim. I thought at the time the Inglis hit looked innocuous yet turns out it broke someone's jaw.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,742 / 57
    Well fair enough. I didn't see it at the time but then again I did spend most of the game screaming at the TV because of the sht refereeing.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    And yet, going by the weeks on the sidelines, was 40% WORSE than the Inglis hit? They don't apply the penalty with the outcome in mind, but it still beggars belief that a shoulder shot that resulted in a broken jaw (and I agree, it was pretty innocuous) is given a 3 week suspension whilst a hit that wasn't even penalised at the time results in a higher grading and a minimum 5 weeks.....*

* I've not idea if Gubb has priors that added to his penalty...

** edit: it could be 2 weeks extra for that haircut...

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,341 / 111
    The bunker should be looking at this stuff during the game, if its good enough for a suspension its good enough for a send off, even if the game went on for five minutes before a break inplay or a review. The bunker would have access to all the video and players history.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Yup he had 50% loading because of prior incidents. Hence the higher penalty, the haircut should defo add an extra 25%

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. eaglebuzz

eaglebuzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,023 / 77
    I'm for him being suspended, I haven't seen the hit cause I missed the game. I just want the Warriors to keep losing so we can grab their spot in the 8.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Clever Clever x 1
    • Ironstine Ironstine x 1
  16. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,735 / 125
    Its getting to the point where you can't even use your shoulder to tackle. What, do they want the NRL to become like the U/20's where tackling is an afterthought?

I'm not saying they shouldn't suspend Gubb. If they are going to do that then fine, do it. But I really do think that the NRL have gone overboard on this shoulder charge crap.

Some do deserve to be suspended for it (I personally think 1nglis should have been because that was definitely a shoulder charge), but others shouldn't be. Honestly, was Gubb's hit on Darcy really that bad that it deserves a 7 week suspension even if he does have priors? Even Lussick himself thought it was nothing more than a good shot on him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    So let me get this right gubb will get 7 weeks for this and third man Thaiday gets a severe 2 game ban for a spear tackle. Third man has form at the judiciary yet is slapped with a feather. Sick of the injustice in the game.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,631 / 74
    Willie Mason's from last year (round 25?) was better. He copped a week from memory, in a final f-ewe to the game's administrators.

19. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,631 / 74
    Also, Bunty should have been sent off prior to scoring two tries. Not for any particular reason, but it would have been helpful.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Pablo

Pablo Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 15
    The only tackling style left in a few years will be the grab and hold while 2 others join in and wrestle the player to the ground. A big hit is too much of a risk and a low percentage play now. The punishments are way over the top if it goes wrong so no worth the risk.

So exciting times ahead