warriors next week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
What a fantastic game tonight.2 great teams going at it.We were in it up to our ears but just lacked that finishing snake gives us.Without him our right side predictably crabs into the corner each and every time.That and the fact that T Williams just cant run a hole with pace or purpose got us in the end but overall a great effort by the boys.Given they lost their half and prop early I think the better side got the chocolates.They have gone from rabble to premiership favourites in 12 months.

Normally after a good performance like that I would be chomping at the bit for next week but physically that was a killer game.Of all the teams to meet next week they would be my last choice with their massive bodies.A win would be a great feat.The rest of the draw is a nightmare and 5 to 8 will probably be the result.Sharks and Broncos have a cakewalk compared to us.

Can we cause trouble from there-im sure we can with a fit 17 and snake hitting his straps.

Yep, it will be another very tough game with a long flight to Perth and back and the Townsville game the week after. A win in either of those games will be great but I'm not holding my breath.

Very tough road ahead, our losses to the bottom feeders will start to haunt us very soon.

I'm pretty confident against the Warriors and Cows. We tend to have the wood on these 2. If we want to make the finals we are going to have to play these teams anyway, so we may as well play them leading into the finals. I would rather play teams towards the top leading into the finals as it prepares the team mentally.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
It's a much longer flight for the Warriors than for us.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that can envisage how this could work in our favour.
It's also a 4 hr time zone difference for the kiwis.

WAMF said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
It's a much longer flight for the Warriors than for us.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that can envisage how this could work in our favour.
It's also a 4 hr time zone difference for the kiwis.

On reflection, good point. I'll take any advantage no matter how small.

MPC Our record against the cowboys in Townsville is absoluteley dreadful..We rarely win and quite often get well dusted and I am pretty sure our worst away team record is easily the cows.I have been to most games in recent years and with one exception we have been beaten.Bowen saves his best for some reason.

On the other hand we have a great away record against NZ in NZ but that was a brutal game last night and our ability to lift against a very physical non 8 side away from home has to be seriously questioned this year.Broncos,like most sides,were very flat last night after playing the warriors due to that physicality.Just hope the snake makes his return.

MPC75 said:
I'm pretty confident against the Warriors and Cows. We tend to have the wood on these 2. If we want to make the finals we are going to have to play these teams anyway, so we may as well play them leading into the finals. I would rather play teams towards the top leading into the finals as it prepares the team mentally.
I was confident, now I'm just hopeful.

susan said:
MPC Our record against the cowboys in Townsville is absoluteley dreadful..We rarely win and quite often get well dusted and I am pretty sure our worst away team record is easily the cows.I have been to most games in recent years and with one exception we have been beaten.Bowen saves his best for some reason.

On the other hand we have a great away record against NZ in NZ but that was a brutal game last night and our ability to lift against a very physical non 8 side away from home has to be seriously questioned this year.Broncos,like most sides,were very flat last night after playing the warriors due to that physicality.Just hope the snake makes his return.

Last year against the cows in NQ, we were robbed by poor decisions from the ref, I wouldn't call that dusted. We then smacked them in the semi final. We know how to beat them when it matters. We are a better team than they are, I expect us to beat them in 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, this year's Cowboys team is a much better unit than the one we played last year. And they know how to score tries, a skill we seem to have misplaced or forgotten.
No more excuses - we really need to be up for both these games.

Everyone returns to play us!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/7329288/Vatuvei-to-return-for-Manly-match

susan said:
What a fantastic game tonight.2 great teams going at it.We were in it up to our ears but just lacked that finishing snake gives us.Without him our right side predictably crabs into the corner each and every time.That and the fact that T Williams just cant run a hole with pace or purpose got us in the end but overall a great effort by the boys.Given they lost their half and prop early I think the better side got the chocolates.They have gone from rabble to premiership favourites in 12 months.

Normally after a good performance like that I would be chomping at the bit for next week but physically that was a killer game.Of all the teams to meet next week they would be my last choice with their massive bodies.A win would be a great feat.The rest of the draw is a nightmare and 5 to 8 will probably be the result.Sharks and Broncos have a cakewalk compared to us.

Can we cause trouble from there-im sure we can with a fit 17 and snake hitting his straps.

Well the Raiders just showed how over rated the Sharks have been and so too did the Titans over the donkeys (who were at full strength). This comp is wide open and any team who gets their mojo together a month out from the semis is capable of winning this.

globaleagle said:
Everyone returns to play us!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/7329288/Vatuvei-to-return-for-Manly-match

Not really. Rapira is out so too is Ropati and Luck, Mannering and Hurrell are very doubtful and Manu is a 50/50. I'd say they are struggling with injuries at lot worse than us.

Who knows how either team will play? This comp is so scattered. If anyone has tipped more than 3 out of seven so far this roiund then they are psysic.
There will continue to be upsets. It's a lottery because teams can play like champs one week and chumps the next. I give you Canberra as a perfect example.

Crusher_Cleal said:
Can we please replace Taufua with Oldfield already?

Which is better. Taufua is great at running the ball back and also taking the first and second hitups a lot more meters than Oldfield but he is crap under the pressure of kicks both high and low.
Whereas Oldfield is better under the high ball and has more pace. I would play Oldfield if he was staying but seeing as how he is going then no.

mickqld said:
Crusher_Cleal said:
Can we please replace Taufua with Oldfield already?

Which is better. Taufua is great at running the ball back and also taking the first and second hitups a lot more meters than Oldfield but he is crap under the pressure of kicks both high and low.
Whereas Oldfield is better under the high ball and has more pace. I would play Oldfield if he was staying but seeing as how he is going then no.

With that logic Whare, Lussick, T-Rex, Harrison wouldn't be in the team. Did I miss anyone?
I think Oldfield is a better option than Taufua simply because he is safer under the high ball.

Crusher_Cleal said:
Taufua is just not good enough in defence. Des targeted him and won that battle. We need to win now.

FFS give the kid a break is a far better prospect than Oldfield. Not many wingers would have defended that kick on the 1st tackle after a scrum. It was just a great set move.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4