Warriors hand Matai deadline

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
As negotiations with Kiwis centre Steve Matai drag on, the Warriors may be ready to move on.

It's understood club management has told Matai and his manager Gavin Orr they have until tomorrow to make a decision.

Matai has has been wavering for weeks, over moving to Auckland or sticking with Manly for another two seasons.

steve ,stay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone going to the newcastle game ??? make a banner" steve stay" or something atleast he knows we are supporting him ,any little bit helps i guess

Still think a "Coach Killers" banner would be better with

"things aren't looking good Stone" at the bottom

Gee i hope he stays , my favorite player . Stay Steve and become a Manly legend ! I'll give you a 3rd party deal , a carton of whatever you like a week if you stay !

WAMF link said:
Why would he rush. In the form he is in at present, his value goes up every week.

One act of stupidity and a  suspension and he his value will halve.

Sensational, that sounds like the move of a club who is not confident of getting their man

Make the right choice Steve

Kiwi

Do you have an IED's...if so go and stick one under the car of the Warriors Recruitment manager, that's take the heat off.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Sensational, that sounds like the move of a club who is not confident of getting their man

Make the right choice Steve

Worked for the bulldogs

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Kiwi

Do you have an IED's...if so go and stick one under the car of the Warriors Recruitment manager, that's take the heat off.

Somebody should take out all the phone networks so Steve is unreachable until the weekend

lol kurri  he`ll say make it 2  ..i dont know i wasnt confident before but for some reason  i think he might stay thats why farrar `s name has been tossed..  i think steve doesnt want to leave the joint.

just to add if (his BINGO)he`s smart he might as well take the 2 yrs & play another 1 in uk..  that way he doesnt have to move his family he will just be away for 10months max maybe a few short flight visits inbetween back here as well..

thanx dan..

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Kiwi

He's not a Bulldogs supporter!

He would be stupid not to go. If Manly were serious they would have made him a sensible offer by now.

We did the same to Orford last year - Strung him along hoping that reasonable offers would disappear along the way.

As much as I rate the bloke which I do & Highly. He'd be a plonker to stay now.

C-ya Stevie - best of luck.

Jerry1 link said:
He would be stupid not to go. If Manly were serious they would have made him a sensible offer by now.

We did the same to Orford last year - Strung him along hoping that reasonable offers would disappear along the way.

Manly have tabled an offer to Steve, the ball is in his court.
For all we know the Warriors have offered him 450k a year - do you think matching that would be "sensible"?

Jerry1 link said:

What do you know of the offers we have made him ?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=184356.msg279707#msg279707 date=1280395951]

[/quote]

I know that if we had made him a serious offer he would have accepted & not strung along the warriors for all this time.

Stringing clubs along does nothing for your reputation or for further offers down the track.

Would you stuff around potential employers - Buggered if I would.
As I said - seen it before & will see it again.

Live & learn.

Jerry1 link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=184356.msg279718#msg279718 date=1280397158]
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=184356.msg279707#msg279707 date=1280395951]

[/quote]

I know that if we had made him a serious offer he would have accepted & not strung along the warriors for all this time.

Stringing clubs along does nothing for your reputation or for further offers down the track.

Would you stuff around potential employers - Buggered if I would.
As I said - seen it before & will see it again.

Live & learn.

[/quote]

Fact, we have offered the best we can do with our situation

Fact, the Warriors have offered a higher amount

Steve doesn't want to leave, and he has a decision to make, how long that takes him to make is up to him

Just trying to figure out your reasoning here as well and it has me stuffed tbh, you are saying that we haven't made him a serious offer, if that is the case, why would he not have signed elsewhere seeing as you say manly are not a contender ?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6