Warning - This might ruin your weekend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Christol74

Reserve Grader
I received a phone call from my brother today who told me that he had attended a function at Cronulla Leagues club last night. That in itself was shocking enough but it got a lot worse. He couldn't believe what went on and after hearing the story neither can I.

The function was a fundraiser for John 'Bomber' Peard who needs money to get to the US for medical treatment. A worthy cause for a legend of Rugby League, although I don't understand the logic behind holding a fundraiser for a former Parra & Easts great at Cronulla Leagues.

To cut a long story short, an auction was held with Ray Hadley acting as auctioneer and lots of money in attendance as well as senior Rugby League figures including Todd Greenburg. One of the items that was auctioned was Peard's prized possesion, a framed, signed jersey from the 1976 Grand Final. However it wasn't his jersey, it was the jersey of the player he had swapped his with at Full-Time. It was the jersey worn by Rugby Leage immortal and Manly Legend Bob Fulton and it still had the mud on it from the 1976 GF.

The auction started at $1000, Hadley apparently bid $2000, and it went up in $1000 increments to $5000. At this point, Hadley was apparently stunned that Greenburg was not interested in purchasing this important piece of Rugby League history so Hadley bid $6000 on Greenburgs behalf. Greenburg was relieved when an unknown person then bid $7000 and the auction was over. A piece of history that is offered once in a lifetime, a grand final winning jersey worn by an immortal of the game, and it sold for just $7k in front of the CEO of Rugby League.

Hopefully someone on here is going to give me some good news and tell me that this jersey is now in the hands of a Manly supporter but given the location of the auction I doubt it. I find it hard to believe that it was in the best interests of Bomber Peard to auction this jersey at Cronulla Leagues with no advertising. At the very least, given the money in attendance, you would think someone would have bought it and given it back to him.

There is no excuse for Greenburg, he should have ensured this important piece of the games history was purchased by the NRL so it could hang in a Rugby League museum. Instead, it has been sold for well under its market value and is more than likely in the hands of a Parra, Easts or Cronulla fan.

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/2539219/gallery-men-of-league-rally-for-bomber-peard/?cs=1759

Greenbergs a wanker! Greenbergs a wanker! Greenbergs a wanker! Greenbergs a wanker! Greenbergs a wanker!

I am glad bomber got $7 grand, he deserves it.

Ps Alan Thompson was in number 6 for us that day.

Edit. Should have gone for more if promoted better.

Well if Smith didn't even know who the current Roos Captain was, how would Greenturd know who an Immortal is ? :cool:

Men of League probably got the Venue free at the Sharkies, and thats why it was held there.
Manly should have bid on Bozo's jersey, was anyone there?

Peard is past help, he has some really strangs condition and looks awefull - poor bugger :angel:

From Facebook -
"Please help if you can.You dont have to be a Manly fan.Bob Fulton is a rugby league immortal.

Tommorow night we are auctioning off this jersey and many other items to raise money for John Peard to go to the USA for treatment for his condition.It is Bob Fultons jersey he played in the 1976 grand final for Manly V Parramatta. It was his last game for Manly.
He swapped it with Peardy..
If you want to pre bid please contact men of league on 0287652233...thank you"

It should have sold for no less than $30k and probably a lot more had it been advertised properly and auctioned in the right place.

Big Toddy will bend over backwards for a useless tool like Barba, even covering up his female assault thing and slew of other issues, yet he can't bid a few times in the benefit auction of Bomber Peard.
Perhaps he wasn't obliged to officially. But if he had any heart, he would have at least done a few mock bids to bump up the total.

If it was a Terry Lamb or Mortimer Bulldogs Jersey the slimy idiot would have opened the NRL cheque book...We all know he is a total penis. Stories like this just add to his legend. A total penis

bones said:
Doesn't surprise me. Geeenturd would be so tight with his $, that if he dropped a 50c coin, he would bend down so fast to pick it up, that the 50c would hit him on the back of the head on it's way down.

ROLMFAO

Very good.

I just wish that it was Greenturds job to hand over the premiership trophy to Killer at the end of this years Grand Final. The look on that bald-headed pricks face would be priceless.

The thing that really gets me is that Bob Fulton is one of our games original four immortals. This is the actual jersey he wore when captaining his side to victory in the 1976 Grand Final. Opportunities to acquire such important pieces of the games history do not come along often and I would have thought it a no-brainer that the NRL would do whatever it takes to own it whilst at the same time helping another legend of the game financially to get the medical treatment he needs.

I cannot imagine any other sporting code that would let one of their games legends premiership signed jerseys be sold for $7000. George Best's first pair of football boots were held in a vault in the bank of London because they are considered so valuable. His family gave them to a museum to display when he died.

I also would like to know if the Men of League who organised the auction contacted Manly to let them know what was for sale prior to the auction. Apart from an announcement on facebook 24hrs prior to the auction there does not seem to be any advertising done.

HoldenV8 said:
I just wish that it was Greenturds job to hand over the premiership trophy to Killer at the end of this years Grand Final. The look on that bald-headed pricks face would be priceless.

That would be very very good

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4