Walker to Manly BUT Buhrer to Newcastle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes. Flicking players based on their recent stats, is what it was about and that is exactly what Manly are doing.
Buy cheap and hope for the best, then bring in a new set :cool:

The churning of coaches and players is diminishing the tribalism of League :mad:

No Manly district representation soon and that is sad :(

I do not believe that a contrived Team will fight for each other for 26 weeks when the scoreboard is against them.

Actually moneyball is all about buying players based on specific talents and stats to support the ability of said players to perform. All that based on them also being absolute value for money and very much on the cheap.

Do I really need to rattle off the 3 or 4 big names we have signed that makes a mockery of the moneyball notion. Bozo has recruited well but he is no Paul DePodesta.

Buhrer is a good little player.... Too small for todays game.. Though I'd hate to see him go..

Walker has got game, but if we are looking at him it's got to be for 6 hasn't it ? He's not going to push Matai or Lyon out of the centres initially - good long term option there though if he has his head right. I'd be happy to see him given a shot at 5/8, certainly a better option than any other player we have on our books at the moment. Wonder what sort of deal we'd sign him to in terms of length - 2 or 3 years ??

What I'm am struggling with is why we are looking at moving Buhrer on, he has more upside to him then Lewis Brown long term. I suppose Buhrer is easier to shop around and trade then the other backrowers we could do without.

What is abundantly clear that with all the movements Lewis brown should not have been a priority signing. He is surplus to requirements, and I would think basic cap management would tell you that buhrer on say 300 000 vs brown on say 500 000 is much better value, and it's not even close. Buhrer has far more upside. It is our only major error in recruitment/ retention.

For any Lewis brown supporters, I will quite happily put 20 bucks down on him bombing five certain tries next year, either thru dropping it cold, bombing an overlap or trying to burrow over from dummy half on the 5th and getting held up.

I'm going to say it!!...
Dylan Walker is a grubby little man child!
He is so easy to hate on the oppositions team!
And will probably get even better ( grubbier) with age.
Every team needs one.
Welcome aboard son!

What is abundantly clear that with all the movements Lewis brown should not have been a priority signing. He is surplus to requirements, and I would think basic cap management would tell you that buhrer on say 300 000 vs brown on say 500 000 is much better value, and it's not even close. Buhrer has far more upside. It is our only major error in recruitment/ retention.

For any Lewis brown supporters, I will quite happily put 20 bucks down on him bombing five certain tries next year, either thru dropping it cold, bombing an overlap or trying to burrow over from dummy half on the 5th and getting held up.
No way Brown is on 500k. I'd say 250-300k.

If true it will be sad to lose Jamie and I'll will wait to judge Walker until he plays for us and manages to keep himself safe and out of trouble.
Nrl players are becoming like the Pokemon trading cards my kids had.

The proportionate cap percentage of brown to buhrer is the point I'm making.

Brown will infuriate more than he emboldens.

If Buhrer goes the reason it is him ahead of Lawrence, Burgess, Mateo etc is because no other club wants to pick up those blokes. It seems someone has to go if Walker is picked up and unfortunately Buhrer is more appealing then those others.

Unfortunately I think if Jamie Buhrer is let go by Manly it's because of his injuries in the last couple of seasons.

Yeah the Brown v Buhrer debate is pointless if Buhrer can't stay on the field to validate the arguement for him...

Buhrer has heart but lacks offloading ability. Also I remember too often good play was stopped in its tracks because he couldn't move the ball on. Was a " potential nsw player" a few years ago. Now is a " missed his chance player".

Walker IS a centre though his style as a RUNNER is complimentary to DCE, plus he spent plenty at 5/8 & knows the role.
Personally see Walker in the centres long term as even though a great instinctive player, is more - have the ball & beat the defence before thinking about passing....
Will have even more options by 2017 here but same story, Barrett 100% wants DCE to control the game BOTH sides of the ruck & a speedy, powerful X factor player to compliment this.

I love Buhrer but he's a utility player, and we don't need him with the squad that we have. Perhaps if he'd stayed on the field a bit more he could have cemented his place in the side but it hasn't worked out that way.

I can tell you (I have it on very good authority) that Lewis Brown is on around 200k a season at Manly. He wanted 3 years and the Panthers were not willing to offer him the three years so he walked relatively cheap.

I can tell you (I have it on very good authority) that Lewis Brown is on around 200k a season at Manly. He wanted 3 years and the Panthers were not willing to offer him the three years so he walked relatively cheap.

Absolute steal for an international! Great value signing! Prob makes up for the overs we paid for Lussick though

Huh, I didn't see the announcement that we had signed Lewis Brown for $500k. Can you post the link for that please.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6