Walker to Manly BUT Buhrer to Newcastle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan i know you love buhrer champ but lets face it no one recovers from long term knee injuries.

Some do mate. Thurston for example. Tilse. Ryles. There are a heap in the past. I don't think the club would rip Buhrer out of the team tbh, and think this is a complete beat up to be fair. Don't think I could cope with losing Balling and Buhrer in one season...notoriously both our best defenders.

NoOoOoOOOO ! :( Buhrer is amazing - this would suck if true ! Maybe the club sees Demetriou as an entity? Then again, we could go:-

11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Marty Taupau

17. Lewis Brown

Which is still pretty handy.

Agreed, I will be very disappointed if Jamie goes.
I would have Leary over Mateo or Symonds hands down in my starting side though.

Terrible move he not 5/8 arse hole watched few games with him there crap. A good centre, but to let go a player like buhrer I don't know.
I feel a lot better with the jack bird rumour. Walker was hopeless in 4 nations got owned all series.
Yes killer and steve Matai are getting on but they have not called it quits.

I would like to enjoy footy success.... but at what price?
Seems we are selling our soul.
Will winning the GF with a team of mercenaries taste as sweet as a win with true Manly men?

I guess that's just the way footy is played out these days. For better or worse, Manly is just another footy team now, no longer something special.

I fear those in control have sterilized our game. It has gone downhill since the sense of tribalism was removed.

I was waiting for Jamie to come under the microscope. To be honest, he has plateaued out. Love him, but the move doesn't surprise. Most of you fans wanted a clean out and more professionally run club. Well now you have it- nobody is safe NOBODY!!! There will be no more player cliques ala Choc, Stewart's, Foran standing over the club or coaches etc. I'm happy :)

Really hope this is one of those rumours that doesn't turn out to be true. Sure, if Walker can get over his issues he could prove valuable. I can accept that. But not if it means we have to ditch another player who's been such a big part of the club and its success.

Some do mate. Thurston for example. Tilse. Ryles. There are a heap in the past. I don't think the club would rip Buhrer out of the team tbh, and think this is a complete beat up to be fair. Don't think I could cope with losing Balling and Buhrer in one season...notoriously both our best defenders.
You are right Ryan some do but some don't . They lose speed and agility and Buhrer after two knee operations now is a gamble
Ballin is also on the wrong side of 30 and look how 30 plus has affected Gift and Choc .
No one is happy losing club greats and it takes tough people to make tough decisions .

Moltzen had 2 ACLs and shattered knee cap but is deemed to be worth the risk :wondering:

Chez will be the only Manly NYC player left from the 2008 squad @:cool:

Seems like Manly will be a Moneyball Team and no longer a Club @:(
I would like to enjoy footy success.... but at what price?
Seems we are selling our soul.
Will winning the GF with a team of mercenaries taste as sweet as a win with true Manly men?

I guess that's just the way footy is played out these days. For better or worse, Manly is just another footy team now, no longer something special.

I fear those in control have sterilized our game. It has gone downhill since the sense of tribalism was removed.

This clean out had to happen. It's not selling our soul, it's making smart business decisions. We have moved on players that needed to be moved on to promote our club. Loyalty I'm afraid is a thing of the past and sad to say no longer has a place in our game. Letting these experienced players go just after they peak is what's going to happen time and time again as they are on monster contacts.
I agree that it's hard to see fan favourites and loyal servents of the club go but as a football team it's the right decision to win comps.
Soon we will be without Snake, Matai and Lyon as well. Better start the clean out before this happens.

I had a good chat to Jamie mid season and he was of the opinion that after the operations his knees are bettter and stronger than they were before. I hope so for his sake. Really thought he was becoming a very clever footballer and an important member of the squad. Hope he isn't gone but wish him all the best if he is.

This clean out had to happen. It's not selling our soul, it's making smart business decisions. We have moved on players that needed to be moved on to promote our club. Loyalty I'm afraid is a thing of the past and sad to say no longer has a place in our game. Letting these experienced players go just after they peak is what's going to happen time and time again as they are on monster contacts.
I agree that it's hard to see fan favourites and loyal servents of the club go but as a football team it's the right decision to win comps.
Soon we will be without Snake, Matai and Lyon as well. Better start the clean out before this happens.
But what of the state of the game overall?
No loyalty means a diminishing fan base. Kids bond to players as much as colours ffs. Keep treating them as mere commodities and a decade from now there will not be much left for the game.
There can be only one premier each year so there will always be 15 disappointed fan 'tribes'. If those tribes have no fan fave players to hang on to - those that bleed for their club as so many are apt to say - then what is there?
Sure people will cite the Premier League and the NFL but they are entirely different and massive beasts.
Keep looking over your shoulder NRL, the AFL is coming to get ya. :banghead:

*Sorry for the rant, the whole Paris thing has got to me.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2