1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walker on the way....

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by maxta, Mar 21, 2016.

1. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,344 / 56
    A solid RUNNING 5/8's game....looked steady & far more relaxed tonight....even after not having the ball for long periods, no sign of panic.
    He also done what he does best - ran the footy, making 1 or 2 line breaks & almost scoring a try, also very strong with players struggling to get him to ground.
    His defence looked far better also, with more intent & shoulder & after just 3 games - there are signs he could well end up a top notch 5/8 after too much early expectation....

• Agree Agree x 12
  2. pjayz

pjayz Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,329 / 50
    I agree. Every week he is showing signs of improvement, with flashes of brilliance or blinding speed. I think he will turn into a very good 5/8.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  3. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,621 / 113
    Agree , his defence was the most impressive thing tonight really found his shoulder which has been missing until now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Baz

Baz Beaver's Headgear

Ratings:
    +263 / 2
    His progression is mirroring Milford's last season, I have no doubt he'll turn into a fantastic 5/8

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,084 / 284
    I also think he plays better the angrier he gets.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,735 / 125
    Walker isn't going to be the next Cliffy. But he'll prove to be a very good and very effective 5/8 in his own right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dummy Spit Dummy Spit x 1
  7. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,400 / 257
    Haha so do we @Ryan ;)

8. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Not sure if he's a 5/8 but I'm certain the he will be a star for us. The kid can play. He struggled in round 1 but like how he was backing himself and wanted the ball. He's an exciting prospect.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,341 / 111
    He wants to play for us.
    Which makes him better than a previous 5/8 we had.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Clever Clever x 1
  10. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,398 / 35
    Walker is a running 5/8 which suits his style of play. He has alot of speed to burn so that works to his advantage. This is ok as we have dce who is the creative playmaker.

He also has a decent short kicking game.

He seems to be getting more comfortable with each game. Snake made a big difference as it eased some responsibility off walker.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    The more he gets the ball in his hands, the better. I would just like to see him with a bit more space to run.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Generational Player

Generational Player Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 5
    Walkers definitely looking better each week, I'm really excited to see where this team can take its attack by the end of the season. DCE/Snake's playmaking, Walker and Tommys running ability, the X factor Parcell and Mateo provide. Not to mention someone like Lyon who is still to hit top gear. Once these combinations get half a season under their belt it could be devastating

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Hamster Huey

Hamster Huey Space Invader Premium Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 7
    Agreed, and it's surprised me why the fans have been so harsh on him.

Even the great Darren Lockyer took a few months to make his mark at 5/8, but Bennett never tried to move him back to fullback just because Lockyer was less disciplined than he should have been.

14. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,695 / 27
    Walker has plenty of skill and pace and that's all great, but what I really like is he has plenty of mongrel. If he can control it he will be a top notch player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    A few years back he was getting in Lyon's face one day and I thought, you disrespectful upstart, then I remembered he was only 18 years old at the time and he certainly wasn't overawed, even up against the very best.

16. southsideeagle

southsideeagle Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +407 / 9
    It is good to see Lewis Browns mum contribute to the forum. I mean who else would have given him his 1 point?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,341 / 111
    Barrett and ZtH

18. Ripper

Ripper Active Member

Ratings:
    +271 / 9
    I think they all played angry last night, was good to see

19. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    I think walker has a ton of respect for Lyon, every time he played it was his best game of the season, he wants to be the best so wanted to beat the best.

20. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,561 / 59
    Cliff lyons has been appointed dylan walkers master . He will teach his student everything he knows from his silky ball skills to pivot positioning. With lyons in his corner he could turn out to be anything. I was impressed with walkers game Monday night , he stepped it up with the ball in hand which i suspect is confidence. We bow to you cliffy lyons.