Walker - foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Getting back on topic...

This season will be a learning curve for Walker at 5/8. As a former 5/8 Barrett will have his knowledge and experience to draw on when it comes to Walker learning the craft. As others have said I think Barrett will keep Walker's role fairly simple initially with him using his running game primarily and DCE carrying the load when it comes to ball playing and 6th tackle options.

Let's be honest about Foran. If he is fit both physically and mentally he will be a big asset to Parra this season. With Sandow the headless chook gone their backline will be running more smoothly and their play will be more direct. Hopefully their forward pack can't do the business and struggle to get them good field position.

Let's be honest about Foran. If he is fit both physically and mentally he will be a big asset to Parra this season.
That is the big "if". He talks about his injuries as chronic/long term.

How busted he is will be central to how he goes, and perhaps explains his form drop for Manly.

That is the big "if". He talks about his injuries as chronic/long term.

How busted he is will be central to how he goes, and perhaps explains his form drop for Manly.
Yep I couldn't careless either way :)

Just a small little bit of info about Foreign.

He started at halfback 4 times for Manly, the most recent in 2015 (a loss). He won 2 and lost 2. Interestingly, the first (a loss) was against the Tigpies. The last 3 were against the Cowgirls.

At test level he has played 7 games at halfback for NZ. He's won 1 and lost 6. NZ's only win with Foreign in the #7 was a 36-0 win over Wales in the 2011 Four Nations. He's lost to Australia 5 times and England once. His last game at half for NZ was the 18-10 loss in Townsville in 2012.

And this is the halfback that Parra-doesn't-matta thinks will lead them to a premiership?

As a 5/8 he has a MUCH better record in both club and test football.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
Foz played in the "7" for NZ because Benji prefered to wear the number 6 even though he played as a seven mostly.

I personally think that Foran will go really well for at least half a season .. but I believe it was a coupe in passing him on in the long term. We will just have to wait and see and I'm sure one or two of us will watch with interest.

For mind the big variable with him is not the on filed but the off field.

Considering he is off contract in 2 years if Arthur goes then the saga will start again

He'll probably start well and then 2 things will happen:

1 - his injuries will flare up
2 - he will lose motivation once he realises how crappy the culture is at Parra

After that his performances should start to reflect the 2014-2015 crap we got from him.

Um ... Do I need to put this into single syllables?

He says "we" and "like our arch enemies Parramatta". i.e. He pretended to be a Manly fan. And in the next post he posts as a Parra fan. Which is EXACTLY what I said he did.

I find nothing offensive in that Jerry. What makes you assume that I do? I just said he was trolling and pretending he was a Manly fan to try to stir up trouble.

If you find it offensive that I give him a troll rating for being a troll, then so be it. Interesting though that you don't find him giving troll ratings to all and sundry at all offensive. Are you trolling Jerry?
There was nothing that remotely resembled a troll in the post in question.

There was nothing that remotely resembled a troll in the post in question.
I hear your thought. You are entirely welcome to think Habib is not being a troll when he lies by posing as a Manly fan - and urges Manly fans to think negative thoughts about Manly. I don't understand your thought, but I'll accept you think it.

And I'll choose to differ on that one Jerry.

Playing with 6 or 7 on his back is irrelevant to his performances.
Fact is, he played his best footy playing direct & tough on the left edge, more an old school skillful lock forward who could also Whack em in defence.
His desire was eclipsed by both poor attitude & injury the past 2 years & even if he can recapture these elements, he needs a playmaker to complement him & Norman is not that man.
Actually think the half they got from Canberra would suit him better, as he has nice controlled organising /passing skills rather than the headless chook style of Norman that will only add pressure for Foran to ball play before/at the line, which is not his trump card
This argument is more a - does Walker compliment Manly more than Foran in 2016 I think yes, as speed has been an obvious area of concern recently & he seems motivated to be here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6