Walker - foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bull****e... It was a good post.. Only a winker would rate it as troll....

Gee Jerry. Are you a relative of Habib or something. I personally have nothing against Habib as a person and I doubt Rex has. I'm sure he's a nice guy just having a bit of fun..

But I thought Rex's comment was one of the most reasonable on this issue and you bag him. He said what is already known and plainly revealed by Habib himself. He's a Parramatta supporter or did you miss the comments made.

Habib's got every right to express his opinion on these forums but he needs to understand his audience and very much to fess up to his particular loyalties and therefore the bias in his comments. His comments are slanted by his loyalties, or is naivete setting in suggesting that what he says is impartial.

I've no problem with Habib expressing an opinion as long as he realises the audience and likely reaction. But as far as you disparaging someone by calling them a 'Winker' and we know what you meant, that immediately defines the class of person you happen to be.

Sweet . I can work out some places to stay. Mention my name and yours will be mud.I remember staying in a place called Lee Carrow quite a few years ago in Passage West County Cork. I'm sure the guy who owned the place was nazi war criminal and the old guy who looked after the horses was ex IRA, anyway, I liked his hat. Ireland is a cool country, it's like Australia without the bull**** and everybody over there got a relation in Australia.....

From a pure skill set point of view you would say that losing Foran for Walker we lose (as others have said) experience, the ability to play at the line and get smashed. However it's no good saying we miss this when the reality is we didn't see any of this for 18mths.
That's the reality, Foran's body is busted from playing that style of Footy. He stopped playing like that 18 months ago and has been rubbish since. We all assumed he was rubbish because he had spat the dummy, but I am reliably informed his changed playing style and subsequent ineffectiveness was due to body preservation. His 9/10 days are firmly behind him.

Foran: Aggressive ball runner, player and tackler. Still young enough to develop. Is a very emotional type of player. Excellent on the left side of the field with line running centers and wingers in Matai & Taufua. He'll do well (if Parra keep him in this role) as he'll be working with Radradra and Jennings. As a 1/2, and a relatively new team, he's an unknown. He has good leadership (on the field), but can let off field issues affect his play at times.

Walker: Not as aggressive as a player in attack, nor has the leadership qualities of Foran, Walker would have him in pace, and aggression in defense, especially one on one. As ball playing goes, he's pretty much an unknown, and has to gel in the team, so expectations for the 1st 15 odd games should be low (as should Foran's). The benefit of having a ball runner as a 5/8, is that DCE can run the play.

All in all, positives for both teams. I'm glad Foran has gone, because he created drama, lied, mislead & I feel back stabbed and undermined our coach at the time. To flip that, I hope he does ok at Parramatta. I used to enjoy the Parra / Eagles rivalries, but when it's pretty much David vs. Goliath, it's not a rivalry anymore (and is why we consider the top teams our comparison, not deadbeats like The Eels).

I think this question is better answered this time, 12 months away.

That's the reality, Foran's body is busted from playing that style of Footy. He stopped playing like that 18 months ago and has been rubbish since. We all assumed he was rubbish because he had spat the dummy, but I am reliably informed his changed playing style and subsequent ineffectiveness was due to body preservation. His 9/10 days are firmly behind him.
Lol, so Foran obviously won't be playing late at the line from now on then , if this is the case...... Which has been a big part of his game , play late or take the line on himself... Would be very funny if Foran was a massive flop, the eels would be up in arms .... As much as I hate what happened with him here , I really hope he goes ok.... Was great for us while his head was in the game.

It's impossible to see Foran not making a difference to the Eels. The only question, is will it be enough to make them a true threat?

I think his fitness will determine that. I can't see motivation being a problem, especially in his first year there as the great white hope.

Lets put it this way.....

If Walker can made a good showing at being a first grade 5/8, he'll be worth more than what we got out of Foreign in his last 18 months here.

The pre-Giftygate Foreign was a good player for Manly.

Gee Jerry. Are you a relative of Habib or something. I personally have nothing against Habib as a person and I doubt Rex has. I'm sure he's a nice guy just having a bit of fun..

But I thought Rex's comment was one of the most reasonable on this issue and you bag him. He said what is already known and plainly revealed by Habib himself. He's a Parramatta supporter or did you miss the comments made.

Habib's got every right to express his opinion on these forums but he needs to understand his audience and very much to fess up to his particular loyalties and therefore the bias in his comments. His comments are slanted by his loyalties, or is naivete setting in suggesting that what he says is impartial.

I've no problem with Habib expressing an opinion as long as he realises the audience and likely reaction. But as far as you disparaging someone by calling them a 'Winker' and we know what you meant, that immediately defines the class of person you happen to be.
The post in question was a good point well written & not a bit toll-ish. So why rate it troll.
I don't give a rats who the guy supports. If he comes on here & is civil it all adds to the sites appeal.

The post in question was a good point well written & not a bit toll-ish. So why rate it troll.
I don't give a rats who the guy supports. If he comes on here & is civil it all adds to the sites appeal.

Except for one thing you missed Jerry. Rex didnt call Habib a troll. All he said was that he understood why others were identifying him as a troll because he tried to imply that he was a Manly supporter when in fact he is a Parramatta supporter. And Habib has made on these forums more than one comment or didnt you notice. In other words he was suggesting etiquette should have ensured that he laid his cards on the table regarding his true loyalties and partiality. Is any of that untrue? And calling the comments he has been making 'reasonable' is very much dependent upon one's perspective. Certainly reasonable from a Parramatta supporters perspective.

All Rex was, in humour, trying to suggest was that if Habib was bored with what Parramatta supporters had to offer on their forum and wanted to be part of this forum as well as live in the area, then maybe he is a closet Manly supporter. But he was at no stage suggesting he had no right to make comments, nor, except in terms of partiality, was he indicating that the arguments were folly, but merely being seen from a Parramatta supporters perspective.

So what is the problem Jerry. Is Habib allowed free rein to state what ever he likes but Rex isnt. Something wrong in your logic there...or is it partiality.

@Habib eagle wrote this in another thread:-

"Manly are another Newcastle In the making and will end up being owned by the NRL, as are the Titans, and Tigers.

You guys better hope the Penn ownership doesn't end up another Nathen Tinkler, because if it wasn't for Penn, you'll go bust.

Parramatta have a great foundation, with a thriving Leagues club that's expanding into a 5 star hotel. A world class stadium, with outstanding corporate facilities that will In turn create more sponsorship dollars and two brand new training grounds with state of the art facilities & gym.

The Eels have a rosy future, whilst you guys have a disgraceful oval, & supporters who won't even cross the bridge to follow their team !"

Kids obviously reaching out for attention, and is really lonely. I get that. He obviously lacks alternate outlets to vent his frustration, so falls back to posting here (poor kid). No friends or family or something.

Kebab is a troll-plain and simple. He will disappear soon enough...good for some of you bleeding hearts supporting him, why don't you disappear with him. :clap::rofl::giggle:

Foran was a very good ball runner with a solid short kicking game. But he lacked commitment to the club and it showed on the field.

Walker is an unknown but has played 5/8 in younger grades. The main thing he is committed to Manly unlike foran was.

Hi Jerry. Might these facts cause you to reconsider the need to jump to habib eagle's defence?

In a recent post @Habib eagle provided a link to what he claimed was the Sea Eagles membership site. Of course it was the Eels membership site.

A troll is a troll, Jerry. You can pretty safely assume every posting habib makes has either an overt or covert troll agenda. Even the ones which might seem relatively innocuous are to set people up. I have liberally given habib eagle troll ratings, particularly when he has tried to pretend he is a Manly supporter. Even his forum name highlights this clear intent. If you are concerned with habib being given troll ratings, then you could look at his history of postings. Or have a look at the ratings he's given. Currently these are:

Negative ratings
given by habib eagle
Troll 46
Ironstine 37 (I told him what this means and he's been very liberal in handing them out)
Dummy spits 12
Optimistic 10
Disagree 5
Total negative ratings 114

Positive/neutral ratings
Other 34

The few positive/neutral ratings he's given have essentially been given to people who said something positive about the Eels. The negative ratings (including his troll ratings) have overwhelmingly been given to people whose "post in question was a good point well written & not a bit toll-ish". i.e. given to Manly fans simply supporting Manly on a Manly supporters site.

Having said all that an occasional troll on the site is a bit of fun and does help pass the long off-season. And since habib's been widely identified as a troll, he's largely given up the pretence of being a Manly fan and has been more fun to banter with.

Jerry, here are habib eagle's most recent postings which highlight his intent to deceive and his clear troll agenda to cause trouble here:

http://silvertails.net/posts/757090/ (last night)
http://silvertails.net/posts/757132/ (this morning)

Last night he posted as a claimed Manly fan to stir up trouble.
This morning he posted as a Parra fan to stir up trouble. He thought this morning's posting was so good, he reposted it later. Tell me what you think?

If all the moderators weren't such capitalistic pigs swimming around in the hundreds of thousands of dollars this site provides them .... then they'd be a bit more selective about banning such total ****tards.

Of course....I'm kinda errr tipsy so I 'm probably making this all up.

like totally no offence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 burp

edit: at least I spell course as 'course' and not coarse when using it in a non sandpaper context!

you're, your, yaw, welcome!

:party:

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
I could care less if Habib hangs around or stays. I bet he makes himself scarce after they leave Brookvale with their arses in a sling.

As far as the Foreign debate goes, he has played some starring roles for us in the past. They have, though, become rarer in the past couple of years. He's a good player when he's on but I can't see him being the revelation they think he'll be.

I don't understand others wishing him well. I mean, I don't want the guy to get hurt. But I hope he runs into a long vein of poor form and the Squeels fans will have his head.

In no particular order, I hope,

1. Arthur is the first coach sacked.
2. They lose the case against Hopoate and have to pay compensation.
3. They start on minus 4 points.
4. They get the spoon.

Foran was a very good ball runner with a solid short kicking game. But he lacked commitment to the club and it showed on the field.

Walker is an unknown but has played 5/8 in younger grades. The main thing he is committed to Manly unlike foran was.
Lacked commitment I've watched him play for us since he was sixteen, might have been off the boil last year but there was a lot of **** going on. The guys body is half Broken from what he did for us show some respect you fool.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6