Walker - foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
He's one for you boys , what do you think we gain and lose by having walker in for foran, saying he plays 5/8....

We certainly gain speed and the options it creates. And lose Foran's 5/8th experience and front-on attacking of the line.

How it will all balance out is a huge unknown.

Foran is a top flight test representative who runs the show for the NZ test team giving Shaun Johnson plays his natural attacking game.

Walker is an absolute unknown as a first grade 5/8, and a huge gamble for the Eagles. He's a very good centre, and will end up there.

Foran would be a 9/10.

Walker a 6/10.

Last edited:
Foran is a top flight test representative who runs the show for the NZ test team giving Shaun Johnson plays his natural attacking game.

Walker is an absolute unknown as a first grade 5/8, and a huge gamble for the Eagles.

Foran would be a 9/10.

Walker a 6/10.
Agreed. Except that foran is only 9\10 in tests and is known to go missing in the regular season.

From a pure skill set point of view you would say that losing Foran for Walker we lose (as others have said) experience, the ability to play at the line and get smashed. However it's no good saying we miss this when the reality is we didn't see any of this for 18mths.

Foran is a class act, but was playing with other class players. He has a good dummy and can take on the line but when was the last time we saw Foran put a player through a hole or a player score off a Foran kick? Solid 5/8 but will struggle at halfback. He is more of a lock then a half

Walker is an absolute unknown as a first grade 5/8, and a huge gamble for the Eagles.

Foran would be a 9/10.

Walker a 6/10.
Welcome Back Chief yes another new season and as with all 16 teams a time where all supporters even parramatta ones can dare to dream. Even you! :)
There is no question he was good for Manly ( Except for his last 2 seasons) from memory he ( Foran) has shown little of his talents in the test arena if anything Johnson has eclipsed him. In fact he has done bugger all in tests? One thing you are failing to see is that Foran's success ( pre 2015 &14) was very much linked to the quality of players he had around him. Say for example Lyon, Stewart bros, Matai, DCE and others. Who does he have around him at Parra? I tell you Bugger all in comparison! Like Choc his only interest at Parra will be collecting his pay cheque and little more! No doubt we will be hearing from you when Parra does well ( until mid April is my guess) and than you will disappear again.
Go Manly!

Welcome Back Chief yes another new season and as with all 16 teams a time where all supporters even parramatta ones can dare to dream. Even you! :)
There is no question he was good for Manly ( Except for his last 2 seasons) from memory he ( Foran) has shown little of his talents in the test arena if anything Johnson has eclipsed him. In fact he has done bugger all in tests? One thing you are failing to see is that Foran's success ( pre 2015 &14) was very much linked to the quality of players he had around him. Say for example Lyon, Stewart bros, Matai, DCE and others. Who does he have around him at Parra? I tell you Bugger all in comparison! Like Choc his only interest at Parra will be collecting his pay cheque and little more! No doubt we will be hearing from you when Parra does well ( until mid April is my guess) and than you will disappear again.
Go Manly!
At 26 his motivation is just a pay day? You idiot !! Bring forth the guillotine

I don't expect Walker to be Foran. He will add some pace to the halves but I have no idea what his kicking game is like and it wouldn't really surprise me to see Killer used as our second option kicker behind DCE.

Foran is a good 5/8 but a **** half back

Correct. If Speels fans think Foran is going to be the brilliant, organising, long kicking halfback they have been lacking since Sterling was forced to retire in 1992.....they are in for a rude shock. Yes he can play halfback, he's even played there for NZ, but as a halfback he makes a good 5/8. He might also struggle without the Lyons/Menzies like combination he had with Snake.

Everyone is invited to my new restaurant, Habib's Cuisine in Manly.
All beers will be on the house this September, when the Eels make the GF.

1. Gordon
2. Radrandra
3. Jennings
4. Takairangi
5. Gutherson
6. Norman
7. Foran c.
8. Jnr Paulo
9 Peats
10. Mannah
11. Mau
12. Beu Scott
13. Watmough

14. Moeroa
15. Wicks
16 Edwards
17 Gower/Hasson/Falou/Cornish/Alvaro/Matt Woods

Last edited:
The other thing to remember with Walker is that the game plan will be very different. DCE is free to roam so what exactly Walker will be required to do is a bit of an unknown.

Everyone is invited to my new restaurant, Habib's Cuisine in Manly.
All beers will be on the house this September, when the Eels make the GF.
Good luck. I get my Leb fix from Mint in DY. Dee has a signed Manly jersey hanging inside. You could do well to follow. Plenty of premiership years to pick from.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6