Walker at 5/8 and positives

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Ok I'm not going to say I'm not disappointed about tonight, I really thought we would kick off the season a lot better, but these things happen. Firstly on Walker, sure he looked lost, and did some ordinary things, but I can't fault his effort in trying to get involved, and who remembers in 07 when Killer starts playing 5/8? His performances were highly criticised to say the least and he was integral in us winning in 08. And to me Killer is a lot better ball player and naturally gifted than Walker, so it will take time.

Other points, I thought Jake tried his balls off, Tommy will be better for the run and again tried to get involved and did some good things. I also thought Leary was underused, he seemed to cause a lot of havoc when he came on.

Anyway, disappointing, but we killed ourselves in that first half. You can't drop balls like that and expect to win big games.

Positives few Killer but Walker tried hard but looked like he is... A centre moved to 5/8 that will take time to adjust, but showed enthusiasm
By round 12 will know far more.... Disappointed as the next bloke but too many blowing up early about a team with 50% improvement.

I just don't see walker being a 5/8 to be honest, he's got the attributes yes, but it's another thing taking them into the footy field, he's a great centre and played in the centres for Australia. Chick him in the centres, have killer slide into 5/8. Give walker the ability to roam in field and early ball and watch the gaps open! My opinion anyway

This is a rebuilding year. Hope people see that. Players need to grow in their positions, and build chemistry.

We also had Brett Stewart, Jamie Buhrer, Feleti Mateo, Tom Symonds, Brenton Lawrence & posssibly Josh Starling out of the team.

This is a rebuilding year. Hope people see that. Players need to grow in their positions, and build chemistry.

We also had Brett Stewart, Jamie Buhrer, Feleti Mateo, Tom Symonds, Brenton Lawrence & posssibly Josh Starling out of the team.

Mate I can't see for the life of me T red wouldn't slot into the side beside either walker or chez, he's a great line runner and has experience with the blokes around him!

I saw walker show all the skills tonight. It was the exercution of those skills with himself and his team. I can see he's got it but he just needs to get used to the role. Just my opinion anyway. It is nice to know killer could just swap with him.

I'm reminded of last year when Milford joined the Donkeys.
It took him some time to find his feet.
I'm prepared to cut Dylan some slack. Give the guy a chance. He tried to spark us tonight but we were poor from the kick off.

I'm reminded of last year when Milford joined the Donkeys.
It took him some time to find his feet.
I'm prepared to cut Dylan some slack. Give the guy a chance. He tried to spark us tonight but we were poor from the kick off.
Absolutely. Even Lockyer struggled when he first moved to 5/8 and people were saying 'what are you doing?'

I saw walker show all the skills tonight. It was the exercution of those skills with himself and his team. I can see he's got it but he just needs to get used to the role. Just my opinion anyway. It is nice to know killer could just swap with him.

I saw some wicked passes from Walker tonight. He'll just need time to settle into the role

Thought walker showed some good touches, and willl get better.

Terrible to be at the game, big crowd, zero atmosphere.

Can't drop that much ball and hope to be competitive.

It wasnt anyone in particulars fault, it was lost team still trying to click, timing was so off for everyone and DCE inst thurston, "yet", with stewart back it will take alot of pressure of him and we will slowly see things click into gear, but slowly, its a 5 year makeover acomplished in an off season, theres gonna be a few bugs, still better then round one last year.

Walker will be a star at five eighth I have no doubt.

This team won't look much until Origin time IMO and won't hit its straps until September, if we get there.

Im couldn't have put it better myself. What I saw in walker really suprised me. I think it comes down to coaching and mentoring with the combinations.

By round 7 after Walker gains confidence & Manly begin to gel with 2nd phase passes....sticking, this kid will prove dynamite & everyone will support him as a key player who can turn a game with that 1 decisive run....Dogs are a spoiling team who got away with slowing it to their pace....& why not...it worked....lets put it this way....Milford - the Bronco's excitement machine...was shut down EXACTLY the same game 1 last season....round 26-a different result.

I thought Walker was ok tonight and far from the reason we lost. He showed some good touches and seems to have a decent short kicking game.

Maybe he just tried a bit too hard to create something when we were well behind on the scoreboard, but who could blame him because we needed something to happen. He'll be better for it, though I do agree that we need to work out our structures and DCE needs to take charge a lot more than he did tonight.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2