1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wade McKinnon:on report for spitting on the ref

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by missing_something, Aug 31, 2008.

1. missing_something

missing_something Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just don’t understand that,

I mean if you want to throw you career away why not just head butt the Referee (not that I think he should of or that any one should ever do that).

In my mind at least spitting on someone is pointless and one of the dirtiest and cowardly things one could do.

More bad publicity for the NRL - they can't catch a break at the moment.

2. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Life, no question about it.

Dunley should have copped a long suspension when he did it a few years ago, but spitting on a ref is not negotiable.

3. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Bad luck if they make semis - unless he can come up with the Dunley defence he is history for this year.

4. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    It was for spitting in the direction of the touchie, not the ref. Don't think it hit him though.

McKinnon is an ex-Eel, so was Dunley for that matter. Interesting coincidence......

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe the touchie looked like Dennis fitzgerald?

6. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Will be very hard to prove either way i think

They will contest it and he will get off imo

What was up with the ref though, 2mins earlier McKinnon received a warning for mouthing off, that next time he will be sitting down. Surely this incident should have seen the threat followed through with

7. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Not the first time McKinnon has had an interesting run in with a referee.

8. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    If the touchie makes a report the judiciary will have to take his word, especially if the video does not capture the incident. Otherwise the officials will be pretty angry that they are not being backed up in disputes with the players.

9. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Sadly CW the officials word is NOT enough any more.

10. nodd

nodd Well-Known Member

hiding from the kids
    Ratings:
    +105 / 5
    Didn't actually see any spitting but wasn't watching closely.

If the tochy saw the spitting how did he miss the 4 metre forward pass?

No excuses for spitting, but why do we bother with touch judges anyway? They are a waste of space, can't see **** and are not game to make a decision because of the video ref.

Again McKinnon should not spit at anyone(if he did) but that touchie deserves some sort of sereve for another shocking call.

11. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I agree Nodd, the touch judges continue to let obvious foward passes through.  Especially in try scoring movements (there were two in the Storms game with us) .  It's frustrating for fans when blatant ones are not pulled up, it must be more so for players.  I can't see why changes can't be made to put forward passes under the scrutiny of video refs in the try scoring sequence. 

12. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,768 / 72
    Camera angles sometimes lie, however it can be viewed against the ground markings at some pints on the field