VRL News & Views

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
VRL News & Views

All Burpengary Boozehounds News to date:

It has been a big week here at the Burpengary Boozehounds and i'm telling you as a coach it's not easy. We are picking up inuries and suspensions all over the place and it's a daily grind to get a full 17 out on the paddock every week. But, as they say the show must go on and we here at the Boozehounds have a few updates:

1. Our main Goal Kicker has been CUT from the side. That's right Tony Martin has been cut from the Burpengary Boozehounds team and to fill his place is St George bad boy and Goal Kicker Wes Naqaima.

2. Carl Webb has picked up an injury that will see him sidelined for 2 months! We here at the Boozehounds want to keep Carl and have had to let a promising youngster go in order to recruit a replacement for Carl over the next 8 weeks and that replacement is Jeff Lima from the Melbourne Storm.

3. Milton Thaiday made a surprise late inclusion into the Newcastle Knights team on Monday and picked up a Try. None of us here at the Boozehounds were informed of Milton's Inclusion and will be writing a written warning to the Newcastle Knights. Milton remains on the Boozehounds roster but for how long we are not sure. He can score alot of tries but if he isn't getting the game time then he will become a burden to our 2007 campaign.

4. Still no word on when Ashely Harrison will be returning to first grade. He too remains on the roster and was a signing we really went for during the trading period as we think that after the year he had last year he is really going to turn it on this year and we hope to see Ashley sooner rather than later.

5. Brett Morris will finally play his first game for the Boozehounds this weekend and we are hoping he can find his feet quickly and push for a spot in the starting line up. Unfortunately we missed out on Josh Morris due to the Recruitment manager not being able to attend the final hours of the Trading Period but Brett says he will look to out shine his brother in all facets of the game.

6. Frontrower Bryce Gibbs may be in some trouble for his part in a scuffle with police at Rosehill Racecourse on saturday. He has been named in this weeks team as the Police and Bryce work together to resolve this problem. Watch this space.

7. Tonie Carroll still has one more week to go until he returns from Suspension.

That's about all the latest News and Views coming out of the Boozehounds camp. Back to you in the Studio, Lisa

VRL News & Views

Coach Craw attempts to fire up lads

Burpengary Boozehounds coach Nutzcraw has today released the transcript of a meeting he had with his team yesterday on the eve of the match against Ryan Ryan. The Boozehounds have lost their last 2 matches and have slipped out of the top 8 and are desperate to get the points this week.

If this transcript is anything to go by the Boozehounds will not want to return to the sheds with another loss on the weekend.

"you bunch of weak mother f#@kers.... never in my life have I seen such inept play from a bunch of f#@king poofs like yourselves" Is how Coach Craw addressed his men in the sheds. He then continued "I guess you'll be running out this week with f#@king skirts on, 2 losses in a row.. you lot disgust me."

He then paused for a moment before picking out certain players and having a dig at them. "Matt f#@king King.. should be more like Matt Queen. 2 tries in 5 games... is that the best you can do, champ?? My freakin grand mother could score more tries than you!"

"Jake Webster, now here's a bloke who can't play football... 1 try.. 1 try... you make me sick! About as sick as Fraser Anderson will be once I flog him a few times in the guts if he doesn't get at least 2 tries this week"

"Don't you f#@king Laugh Timana... your the weakest c*nt here.. heading across to union... why don't you just go to the fridge grab a cucumber and whop it up your arse right now.. instead of waiting til next year!"

"and as for you forwards.... go and get f#@ked"

Coach Craw then told his Assistant Coach that he will not be talking to the players again until after the game on the weekend. It's understood if the Boozehounds go down again this weekend the Coach will be terminating contracts or worse bringing a shot gun to training next week.

VRL News & Views

If you microwave the cucumber for a few seconds beforehand it will take the edge off the coldness.

Just thought I would try to offer some helpful advice!!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6