VOTE FOR THE TRBOJEVIC BROTHERS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I voted for Jake. However, because he's not a flashy half or a try scoring speedy outside back who shows up in highlight reels, I don't think he'll win.

But when you look at it from a clubs point of view, Jake would make the top 17 of any NRL club. Could the same thing be said of the likes of Jack Bird? If Bird played for another Sydney club like Souffs or the Rorters he'd be in NSW Cup. If he played for the Cows or Donkeys he'd be in the Qld Cup. Jake Trbojevic, while maybe not in the starting 13, would at worst be on the bench for any of those 4 clubs.

Last edited:
Jake has laid more of a claim to the title than Tom. He has been consistently one of our best in a position that is arguably the toughest role on the field. He is a boy playing against men and holding his own at a very minimum, in lots of cases he has dominated more experienced opponents. Scary to think what he will be like when he finally peaks, which as a front rower is regularly considered to be in the late 20's age bracket.

I voted for Jake. However, because he's not a flashy half or a try scoring speedy outside back who shows up in highlight reels, I don't think he'll win.

But when you look at it from a clubs point of view, Jake would make the top 17 of any NRL club. Could the same thing be said of the likes of Jack Bird? If Bird played for another Sydney club like Souffs or the Rorters he'd be in NSW Cup. If he played for the Cows or Donkeys he'd be in the Qld Cup. Jake Trbojevic, while maybe not in the starting 13, would at worst be on the bench for any of those 4 clubs.

Not comparing apples with apples, the top 17 has 4 positions available for a prop, 1 for a 5/8.

Jake T and Bird are the 2 standouts and it should be 1 of those, the other can feel unlucky.

The next tier of Kata, Elgey, Aitken etc are going well but not playing like a veterin like the top 2.

Honestly though, can you see Bird displacing Reynolds and Keary at Souffs? Or Pearce and Maloney at the Rorters? Same at the Cows with Thurston and Morgan and at the Donkeys with Hunt and Milford. But Maguire, Robinson, Green and Bennett would all love to have Jake playing for them, even if he is a rookie. He has stood up to everything opposition forwards have thrown at him this year and most times they quickly learn not to run at him.

I agree that Bird and Jake have been stand outs this year, even if Jake's performances have often been lost in all the crap that has gone on at Manly this year and because our pack is seen as weak.

If we were at the top end of the ladder and Jake Trbojevic was playing as well as he has been with the team struggling, his performances would have got a lot more attention by now.

Honestly though, can you see Bird displacing Reynolds and Keary at Souffs? Or Pearce and Maloney at the Rorters? Same at the Cows with Thurston and Morgan and at the Donkeys with Hunt and Milford. But Maguire, Robinson, Green and Bennett would all love to have Jake playing for them, even if he is a rookie. He has stood up to everything opposition forwards have thrown at him this year and most times they quickly learn not to run at him.

I agree that Bird and Jake have been stand outs this year, even if Jake's performances have often been lost in all the crap that has gone on at Manly this year and because our pack is seen as weak.

If we were at the top end of the ladder and Jake Trbojevic was playing as well as he has been with the team struggling, his performances would have got a lot more attention by now.
The ironic thing is that Jake T's performances are more impressive when you consider where we are on the table. To be in the bottom part of the ladder and getting dominated in the forwards most weeks, shows just how much of a burden Jake has on his shoulders and how well he is going.

Jake has easily been in our best 3 players this year.

NO.

But can you see Jake replacing Tamou or Scott at the cows, Fifita at the sharks, Tolman, Klemmer or Graham at the dogs, Bromich at the storm, JWH at the rorters, Matalino at the Warriors, Maguire at the Broncos George Burgerss at Souths?

Answer is also NO.

If you want to compare the top club 5/8 then you need to compare the top club prop to be fair.

So turns out Jake cannot get it as he debuted two seasons ago! :( :( thanks for voting anyways guys!!

Ridiculous!!! One match, off the bench (#21). Surely the NRL can see that this even less of an obstacle to the current rule about max games played the season before....ahhh, of course they don't. *shakes head*

NO.

But can you see Jake replacing Tamou or Scott at the cows, Fifita at the sharks, Tolman, Klemmer or Graham at the dogs, Bromich at the storm, JWH at the rorters, Matalino at the Warriors, Maguire at the Broncos George Burgerss at Souths?

Answer is also NO.

If you want to compare the top club 5/8 then you need to compare the top club prop to be fair.
To be fair, I wouldn't replace Jake with any of those players, especially he is only a rookie and will only get better! Bromich, Burgees, Graham - best 3 props I agree, and would dearly love one of those in our pack. I see Jake on par with the rest

So turns out Jake cannot get it as he debuted two seasons ago! :( :( thanks for voting anyways guys!![/QUOTRLW's
So turns out Jake cannot get it as he debuted two seasons ago! :( :( thanks for voting anyways guys!!
RLW has a "Rising Rookie"comp. running and a player is nominated weekly,eligibility rules state that a player must not of played more than 10 games prior to 2015.After 20 rounds,JakeT is yet to be nominated.Most of the players nominated are flashy outside backs with no substance,TomT excluded.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6