Voss on Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Personally, I cannot stand Voss.

The bloke thinks he's a comedian and is so full of his own self importance it's nauseating.

They all have egos but his is another level.

Warren Smith is alright and so was Sterlo. Despite everyone saying he hates Manly I actually like Brandy Alexander too.

I know a woman who used to work for a bookie at Randwick. She was telling me about various characters she'd see on course. She said the same thing about Warren, her exact words were "He walked around like he had a stick up his arse "
I met Warren Smith at the NRL season launch last year, and nothing could be further from the truth. Really nice, down to earth guy. He was standing near us having a few drinks and was more than happy to chat. Very funny guy too.

I met Warren Smith at the NRL season launch last year, and nothing could be further from the truth. Really nice, down to earth guy. He was standing near us having a few drinks and was more than happy to chat. Very funny guy too.
i think he meant ray warren

Rabs is ok, It's Gus that ruins it. Gould doesn't realise his job is to commentate, not to pontificate.

Just what does pontificate mean-Is it anything like fornicate-cause Gus does that real well

Yeah, I was talking about Rabs. From what I've heard he used to be a bit of a big head. He may have mellowed with age.

Personally I don't mind Voss.

Warren Smith isn't bad either. First encountered him when I actually did have Foxtel (and Galaxy before that) in the mid-90's when he was doing commentary on the World Superbikes with Kevin Magee. Then he actually was one of the lead commentators for the Aussie SL comp.

Gus would be much better without Rabs. Interesting to read his comments this week that Nein won't allow him to commentate on Riff games because they feel he would be too biased. Yet they have no problem with Brisbane cheerleaders Darren Lockyer and Wally Lewis commentating at every Donkeys game. I guess they figure the Qld market wants to hear them praising everything the Donkeys do and cheering them home like an owner at the Melbourne Cup.

Brandy, like Gus, knows his $hit. So he doesn't seem to like Manly, that makes him no different to any other non-Manly commentator out there and there are a few of them.

Kevin Walters isn't that bad.

Don't get me started on Mark Gasnier.

Ray Hadlee.......next.

Ray Warren. If he stopped branching off on tangents and dragging Gus with him....AND if he stopped blowing smoke up certain players arses....he might not be so bad.

Last edited:
Brandy seems to have a healthy respect for Manly and how successful the club is. But I don't think that he really likes us, even if he does live in the area.

Kinda like his old coach Gus Gould. Gus has developed a healthy respect for Manly and what we have achieved, though I think even he would be sitting back and shaking his head at events of the past couple of weeks.

In a lot of ways its called envy.

Doesn't mean they actually like Manly.

I like that Voss is a real student of the game. He obviously lives and breathes rugby league and has an intimate knowledge of the history of the sport as well as the juniors coming through and the English super league.

Sure he has a laugh every now and then but I'll take that any day over the cheerleaders/cross promoters on 9.

Warren Smith is good too and doesn't just forget things that happen from one day to the next - such as referree interpretation and MRC gradings.

I don't think Brandy hates Manly. He lives at Collaroy Basin and I think over time he has become quite partial to them.
Brandy doesn't hate Manly, he really respects what they have done overthe past decade. Recently he has made comments like "if any team could come from the btm of the ladder and make the final 8, its Manly. He still rates our backine as the best in the game.

The Matty Johns show-
The JT dig at Hindmarsh about not winning a GF was funny between them. Recently, Voss had a tongue in cheek shot at Hindmarsh about it.
Voss not ever playing NRL,
I would've stayed out of it.

Last edited:
Actually, I've just remembered something - Vossy has a manly connection too...I used to work with his niece at Coles Supermarket in the Corso, back in about 1994. So family in the area! He's practically one of us...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4