Vocal Crowd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
$25 to watch one game of football - because the Under 20s finish an hour earlier - is too much imo, especially in bad weather.

The Who said:
$25 to watch one game of football - because the Under 20s finish an hour earlier - is too much imo, especially in bad weather.

Compared to the AFL, EPL, A-League, Super Rugby & pretty much any other major 1st grade footy comp of any code, it's cheap.

I don't think it's too much if we had access to decent facilities. But standing on the hill when it's pissing down eating a burnt pie ain't so much fun. Great in good weather but tests your resolve when it's awful like the last few games.

• 👍
Reactions: R3
Jerry1 said:
I don't think it's too much if we had access to decent facilities. But standing on the hill when it's pissing down eating a burnt pie ain't so much fun. Great in good weather but tests your resolve when it's awful like the last few games.
Its not as much fun as it is when the weather is good but it is still fun to me. If I was at home with the heater on watching it that wouldn't be fun because I would just be wishing I was at the game.

Seaeagle63 said:
What is the weather forecast for next Mon against Parra?

Check the bom website tomorrow, the 7-day forecast will include next Monday then- http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/sydney.shtml

At this stage it looks like a top of 18 deg. and possible showers.

Jono said:
It was better than Raiders that's for sure. However, Brisbane and Dogs games we have been louder so no that wasn't the best performance.
My thread's about Brookie, not out of ALL our games. I thought on Saturday it was the most vocal crowd this year, and considering the small crowd, was impressive.

Darren said:
is anybody on this website from Manly??

Yes, originally. But work and family keep me in Canberra now. Also have a place on the Central Coast, so sometimes I only have to trek to Stadium Brookvalia from there. Mum still lives on the northern beaches, so there is always 'room at the inn' after the game.

ALinda said:
My thread's about Brookie, not out of ALL our games. I thought on Saturday it was the most vocal crowd this year, and considering the small crowd, was impressive.

I'd agree with you Linda. We commented during the game along the same lines. I think it was the most consistently vocal Brookie crowd in three seasons. At various stages there were chants coming from the Hill and each of the stands.

Duff said:
We have 10,000 members but we can't get 10,000 to a game.

Who are these people that feel strongly enough to buy memberships yet not enough to actually go to games?
Not all the members live on the northern beaches and so are not able to attend every game. I bought myself and the old man a three game membership this season and we attended the first of our three games on Sat night. I thought we'd be able to pay the $30 extra to get into the Jane Try Stand but it was virtually sold out and they couldn't get seats near each other, so we dond the poncho's the girl at the factory outlet had generously chucked in our bag and took up position on the bench's in front of the hill. At halftime in the 20's the rain and wind was getting to the old man (and me I must admit) so we moved under the Fulton-Menzies stand. When the rain eased just before first grade we moved down to the bench's and had a great night!

Duff said:
We have 10,000 members but we can't get 10,000 to a game.

Who are these people that feel strongly enough to buy memberships yet not enough to actually go to games?

How do you do my names John :) i spent 410 dollars on 1 doubt i will attend any, it`s not because i dont want it`s just f&&&&n hard too, never been to Brooky & im pissed off about that grrrrrrrrrrrr..

Phantar said:
Drove up from Canberra with the wife to go to the game and sit on the state of the art wooden benches in the southeast corner..

Same drive for me and the kids but sat at the family end. Same crappy seats though. Weather wasn't too bad. Coming from Canberra you'll never here us whinge about the cold and the rain was only light with the umbrellas coming out for about 20 minutes during the second half.

It was also worth coming up GG, just to be there for Snake's double. Must be the first one I've seen (in the flesh) since 2008.

Yeah it's always worth coming up - especially for a win! The only convenient games for us to see are Saturday night ones at Brookie. I think last week's game was the last such Brookie home game we have.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6