Video ref costs another team a win

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
My God. When are we going to get rid of this plight on the game.
Tigers were absolutely robbed!

They were robbed twice!!! Farahs try and the obstruction. I think john elias has the dogs to win the comp. it stinks to high heaven. At least now with the former media darlings the Tigers getting shafted something will be done! Cause they have the best sooking fans in the comp!!

I'm ashamed to share a name with Sean Hampstead. How can he get it so wrong. I feel for the tigers with a spot in the eight hanging on your every performance and this Buffon can't Di his job. The one good thing to come from this is that they might just look a little deeper at this 2nd man play they run again and again. I think at least half of them the ball receiver catches it on the inside of the decoy who almost always engages a player in the line.

Utterly Disgraceful! At fulltime the Tiger's rightfully should have been up by 12 points. How was that last Bulldog's try possibly given in light of the 2 that Manly had disallowed against the Cows. The way they grant some teams try after try where obstruction has occured, only to disallow other teams on a regular basis what are legitimate tries is now bordering on corrupt.

I wonder if Hasler will blow up this week.

The goose should realise his team have been on the end of more than their share of 50/50 calls this year. Tonight proved it twice.

The referees are reffing to a directive from above. Dogs must play Souffs in the GF.

Did you see Farrahs blow up. Good on him, the Tigers were mugged tonight, in front of 30000 people.

The only good thing is that the Dogs can't play the hard done by card anymore, they will get shafted when the refs are forced to officiate fairly.

I am going to come out and say it, their should be a royal commission. I would not be surprised to find out that some of these refs are on the take.

The Berries must be worried by that performance. They had a full squad, and still needed the video ref as their 18th man to win by one point.
They are about to fall over big time.

Just saw the same **** in the broncos game. Scum awarded a try when the bloke clearly dropped it.

It's becoming a joke. Hate to see the grand final decided like this

Hasler has now lost all credibility. He's arguing that the shepherd was a legitimate try.
This guy really has crossed to the dark side.

Jeeeezus. How tough is it watching these games where common-sense does not prevail. Fair bloody dinkum. Sean Hampsted must be having a laugh in the review box.

2012 - The year of the referee.

Enjoy Mad Monday Hollywood!

bob dylan said:
I wonder if Hasler will blow up this week.

The goose should realise his team have been on the end of more than their share of 50/50 calls this year. Tonight proved it twice.

The referees are reffing to a directive from above. Dogs must play Souffs in the GF.

Oh course he had a whinge, which is amazing considering what happened. Manly were one of the most penalised teams in the NRL under his coaching and now the Dogs are headed the same way and he's whinging.

You'd think he's show some humility for once; rather than whinge about losing penalty counts because of the style of play you encourage recognize that the only reason you won the game was due to officials errors.

Straight from the Referee's handbook

OBSTRUCTION

b) The ball runner cannot run behind his own team and gain an advantage.
c) A sweep player may receiv
e the ball on the inside of a block runner as long as there
is depth on the pass to him. If there is no depth he needs to receive the ball on the
outside of the block runner.

From Bill Harrigan - If an attacking player runs around his own player and then takes an advantage, either by running the ball or by promoting the ball through a pass or a kick, the referee will penalise them!!!!!!

I heard a whisper that both the salary cap rorters and the dogs have voted the entire referee's team their respective awards 'player's player.'

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Straight from the Referee's handbook

OBSTRUCTION

b) The ball runner cannot run behind his own team and gain an advantage.
c) A sweep player may receiv
e the ball on the inside of a block runner as long as there
is depth on the pass to him. If there is no depth he needs to receive the ball on the
outside of the block runner.

From Bill Harrigan - If an attacking player runs around his own player and then takes an advantage, either by running the ball or by promoting the ball through a pass or a kick, the referee will penalise them!!!!!!

It looks like the referees are allowing tries as long as the play ticks off a couple of the guidelines. They have completely forgotten about guideline b, running behind a player to gain an advantage.

What I can't understand is the Friday night Sydney game is 'picked' as the 'best' game of the round, yet last night they got the three worst officials. Cummins, Horsehead and Bumstead. I guess it's Harrigan who sets the refs for each game. Why not have the best two, or at least one of the best, on the park? I can't stand either team so I was hoping for a foul play or at least a season ending injury. And, we can beat both teams. The Dogs have a soft middle and the Tigers, weak backs.

Pablo said:
Just saw the same s**t in the broncos game. Scum awarded a try when the bloke clearly dropped it.
Dislike both of these teams but from the angles I saw, it could have gone either way. What amused me though was the carry on by the Qld commentators. They were blowing up.
If they thought that try was an injustice I'd like to remind them of a couple of things - Greg Inglis and Justin Hodges tries in SOO.

Sumdumguy said:
The video ref hasn't worked. Get rid of them. All it's done is create more controversy about the refereeing.

What, so we go from the video refs making one or two f ups per week to having no video ref and the blokes on the field making two or three every game?
Yes the video refs get some wrong. Yes that is unforgivable. Yes some kind of enquiry needs to be made in just how someone watching replays on a TV can get even one wrong per year. But do you really think that some poor bastard who's on the field running with play, watching everything else and possibly 10 or 20 metres away has a better chance of getting it right?
The reality is that because of the video refs we are getting more correct decisions than ever. We're just blowing up about the wrong ones. Those who think that in the old days we never had all this discussion need to remember that we didn't have all the replays. The reason it was brought in was because we knew more about what was happening than the ref did.

Getting rid of the video ref is a stupid, kneejerk reaction. It's like saying get rid of zebra crossings because one person got hit at one. Pedestrians would be better off taking their chances would they?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6