Video Adverts - Please report to me

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi All,

If you have a video advert with sound that auto plays on the site, can you please note the name of the advertiser or what it is advertising and the URL of the advertiser if you have it?

I need to get rid of these from the site because they are horribly horribly annoying for everyone and the only way for me to get rid of them is to report them to the advertising network to have them removed or blocked.

Cheers
Dan

Just killed off Foxtel and turned on the Adobe Block all networks using peer.. option

Im on chrom - Win Xp.

The above option has disabled the sound at least.

Ok looks like new movies leaked into the network that all auto play. I have reported this and hopefully something can be done soon.

There is nothing that I am able to do from my end to stop this at this stage and no change that I made that caused it

hmm interesting looks like the entire network has been added. I still havent had any adverts with sound.

What browser are you all using?

Yes I am also on Chrome I wonder if Chrome does the wonderful job of keeping them at bay?

Hmm interesting. I am yet to encounter one. I will see what response I get from the network

Anyone who gets this can you please right click on it and click "inspect Element"

A window should popup at the bottom of the screen with some code, grab all the stuff with URL's and send it to me via PM or email please.

Dan

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Cool As soon as I get the code above the admin are going to sort it out. We need to see where it is coming from though

Spoke too soon - Advil and more for Madrid!

I right clicked on the ad but "inspect element" didn't come up.....

Ok chrome should have inspect element I really need that information

Another option instead of "Inspect element"

just go to right Click >> View Source

And send me the full source. At the same time also tell me which location the advert was in

plonk it into a text file and send me the text file via email and I will be able to fix it from there

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8