1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vic Mauro

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by bob dylan, Oct 2, 2011.

1. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,409 / 130
    Became a real good first grader tonight.

Lots of minutes, 28 tackles and 13 hitups.

Inspired decision by Des to pick him and use him like he did today.

2. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    Well said Bob Dylan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TWO DOGS

TWO DOGS Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Berry
    Ratings:
    +429 / 1
    Agreed Bob, very strong throughout today and the last half of the season. I felt sorry for Robinson and Lussic but their time will come.

4. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    He has no errors in his game.

5. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I can't see us retaining Rose now, because we don't need him. Particularly since he will probably miss the first several games of next season.

6. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    This. Admittedly, I would have preferred Lussick in..... But Mauro played the honest workhorse role to perfection. No mistakes, solid in defense. Just like Nood :)

7. mr seagles

mr seagles New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0

8. ando

ando Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 2
    I'm glad that this post has been created. Vic really came of age tonight and i think he was absolutely outstanding and one of our best forwards tonight. He didn't shirk the hard stuff and ripped in all night. You certainly don't see Vic running sideways! he really straightened our game.

9. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    he did great, smart pick by Des, he was ready to go!

10. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Just reward for an unsung hero. OJ Cunningham comes to mind, same build, same unassuming personality.

May 'Vic the Brick' cement his spot in 2012.

And he is already named in the Italian RL Team in the 2013 Championships.

11. simon_eagle

simon_eagle Well-Known Member

East Sydney
    Ratings:
    +315 / 7
    I agree. I thought Des would have gone with Lussick but perhaps he wanted to reward performance and maybe Lussick didn't train as hard as say Gift when suspended. Good call, whatever the reason being

12. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    As I've posted before, Vic is a go-forward guy in the same mould as Nood and, as an earlier poster mentioned, Owen Cunningham who played alongside Des I think. The problem with Georgy-boy is he is slow to take his position back in the defending line. That was exposed at times as they tried to run through the edge of the ruck. The penalty he gave away was silly too. No reason to do that in the modern game. Way to many videos, and two refs, will pick that sort of stuff up. Anyway, the win was a team effort so am very happy with the whole team.

13. brookiegreg

brookiegreg Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Yeah right DSM, Des knew what was required for that game and picked the blokes who had the form.

But I love the way Darcy Lussick plays and hope he is a regular next season.

Good on Vic Mauro for stepping up in recent games, he's earned his spot! I have wondered for a couple of seasons whether he'd make it in first grade.

Waiting in the queue for the 1A bus back to brookie I spoke to a few relatives of Vic who where wearing Vic Mauro t shirts, they were absolutely stoked that Vic had played so well in a grand final. They're now going to do a run of the t shirts they said :p

Vic is still very young (23?) so hopefully will be a regular in the Manly side for many years to come!

• Like Like x 1
  14. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    That's why we need to keep Dessie here long-term, he has the uncanny knack of turning fringe players into genuines 1st graders. Vic is another one Des Has transformed. Well done Vic.