Vic Mauro

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Became a real good first grader tonight.

Lots of minutes, 28 tackles and 13 hitups.

Inspired decision by Des to pick him and use him like he did today.

Agreed Bob, very strong throughout today and the last half of the season. I felt sorry for Robinson and Lussic but their time will come.

I can't see us retaining Rose now, because we don't need him. Particularly since he will probably miss the first several games of next season.

WAMF said:
He has no errors in his game.

This. Admittedly, I would have preferred Lussick in..... But Mauro played the honest workhorse role to perfection. No mistakes, solid in defense. Just like Nood :)

Matabele said:
I can't see us retaining Rose now, because we don't need him. Particularly since he will probably miss the first several games of next season.
[/quote

HE HAS SIGNED FOR 2 YEARS YOU GOOSE........

I'm glad that this post has been created. Vic really came of age tonight and i think he was absolutely outstanding and one of our best forwards tonight. He didn't shirk the hard stuff and ripped in all night. You certainly don't see Vic running sideways! he really straightened our game.

Just reward for an unsung hero. OJ Cunningham comes to mind, same build, same unassuming personality.

May 'Vic the Brick' cement his spot in 2012.

And he is already named in the Italian RL Team in the 2013 Championships.

I agree. I thought Des would have gone with Lussick but perhaps he wanted to reward performance and maybe Lussick didn't train as hard as say Gift when suspended. Good call, whatever the reason being

As I've posted before, Vic is a go-forward guy in the same mould as Nood and, as an earlier poster mentioned, Owen Cunningham who played alongside Des I think. The problem with Georgy-boy is he is slow to take his position back in the defending line. That was exposed at times as they tried to run through the edge of the ruck. The penalty he gave away was silly too. No reason to do that in the modern game. Way to many videos, and two refs, will pick that sort of stuff up. Anyway, the win was a team effort so am very happy with the whole team.

Yeah right DSM, Des knew what was required for that game and picked the blokes who had the form.

But I love the way Darcy Lussick plays and hope he is a regular next season.

Good on Vic Mauro for stepping up in recent games, he's earned his spot! I have wondered for a couple of seasons whether he'd make it in first grade.

Waiting in the queue for the 1A bus back to brookie I spoke to a few relatives of Vic who where wearing Vic Mauro t shirts, they were absolutely stoked that Vic had played so well in a grand final. They're now going to do a run of the t shirts they said :p

Vic is still very young (23?) so hopefully will be a regular in the Manly side for many years to come!

That's why we need to keep Dessie here long-term, he has the uncanny knack of turning fringe players into genuines 1st graders. Vic is another one Des Has transformed. Well done Vic.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6