[Resurrected] Vic Mauro Retires

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
Northern Beaches Sport by Andrew Prentice DT 18/10/13

FORMER Sea Eagles premiership winner Vic Mauro has elected to retire from the sport at the age of 26.

The North Curl Curl Knights junior, who made his first-grade debut against the Warriors in 2007 at Mt Smart Stadium, will pursue business interests.

Mauro was supposed to turn out for Italy in the Rugby League World Cup later this month but pulled out due to personal reasons.

He was on Manly's books for six seasons, before turning out for Salford in the UK Super League alongside Liam Foran earlier this year.

Vic Mauro has chosen to retire,

Vic Mauro has chosen to retire, Source: News Limited

Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey paid tribute to the hard-hitting backrower.

"Vic was very impressive coming through the lower grades, and then made a good fist of the NRL when opportunities presented themselves,'' he said.

"He is as tough as they come and a great defender.

"I was happy to see him win a competition in 2011, it was a reward for all his hard work."

Foran is tipped to return to the club's top 25 squad as a back-up utility alongside new signings Jayden Hodges from the North Queensland Cowboys and Rhys Armstrong from the Wests Tigers' under-20 squad.

Tyson Andrews (Mackay Cutters) and Delroy Berryman (Redcliffe) are also exciting prospects to monitor closely over the next few years.

--------------------------------------------------

An honest toiler.

Foran is tipped to return to the club's top 25 squad as a back-up utility
I thought that the 5/8 would be in the top 25 already.

I saw his name in the Italy team. Whatever the personal reasons for his decision, I hope they resolve for him as well as they can. As a Sea Eagles premiership winner, he is a Manly champion.

Foran announced his signing to Parra on Twitter a few weeks back. However i just went to his page and he has since deleted it. It was

"Signed with the Parramatta Eels today, really looking forward to the challenges and the opportunity ahead!!"

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/liam-foran-signs-with-the-eels-11243/

It is interesting that he deleted it SNES. Maybe he really did have a get out clause... I would like to see him back at Manly.

Liam rejected the Parra deal because of Brad Arthur getting the job. Apparently there was a falling out between the 2 Forans and Arthurs. That is why Manly has let Arthur go, and why kieran was shopping around.

Please be aware that the above is totally fictious. Believe it at your own peril.

HappilyManly said:
Vic was a no nonsense forward. So glad he won a GF in Manly colours :angel:

Thanks for the memories :)

Agreed!

Played hard, done good.

Thanks!

Yep, with Vic in the squad he would have plugged the gap up the middle. As you can tell, I haven't let it go.

Enjoy retirement Vic! A local junior who busted his arse for our club when he got the opportunity to play in the 1st grade team. He retires with a premiership ring, well done :)

Here, here. Vic was another in that line of largely unheralded local juniors who came off the bench for Manly in a winning GF side. Bucknall, Willoughby, Thoroughgood, Springall, Mauro.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6