Very disappointing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Well, I thought we would lose today, but thought we would offer a bit more than that. The only way I could see a try coming was through a flukey kick or Williams being close enough to steamroll somebody. Only had 1 real chance in the 2nd half and unfortunately Choc put down a tough pass, which was a shame especially when Ballin knocked on a couple of minutes later, because I thought those 2 were our better players

Brisbane were a far better side, no doubting that. Had some great bits of luck too, that kick into the ref and also when Choc got done for a strip, was more a drop than anything. Can't remember any more than 1 penalty coming our way, certainly none in the last 60mins. Luckily for us Folau is a greedy bastard and murdered 2 tries from dummy half

All in all, our young backline can hold their heads up I think. Hopoate really impressed me, I didn't think he would have the ability to scoot from dummy half and keep pumping the legs but he did it every time. Farrar was very good in tough conditions today. Whare made some nice tackles and Williams some nice runs. Foran tried hard in the 1st half but went missing a bit in the 2nd, while Hodko was pretty much anonymous all day

Forwards, extremely disappointing. Watmough, Rodney, Kite and King all tried hard but outside of them there wasn't much there, Stewarts form of late is a concern to me, he needs far more involvement. Ballin played well, made some good tackles

We will lose next week on the Goldie as well so a tough couple of weeks for some of the young fella's

If I was Hasler, I would be running off copies of that game onto DVD and giving them to all of the halves in the club and tell them to study what Lockyer did, he was outstanding today and destroyed us with his clever play, hardly put a foot wrong

Felt our forwards missed an opportunity to completely bash a team out of the game today.

Don't think King or Perry will get picked for NSW based on today's performance

Whilst I am not overly disappointed as we had so many out we were in it till the last 15 minutes.  Our forwards did not roll their sleeves up and get into it imo.

I couldn't understand how we were favourites prior to the game given how we went without Lyon last week and Brisbanes recent form 

Lyon to us is like Thurston is to the Cowboys in my opinion - and I'm not trying to be funny or unrealistic here. He adds more than his obvious skill, heart, passion and ability.

Glen Stewarts form has gone pear shaped of late, really has been letting the side down a bit.

we cant afford chocs hands every f...ing week letting us down.i love him at his best but he is costing us every week.his best game was origin.for us he has been awful.but what do you do...just got to hope he comes good.

titans will get us but then bunnies and penrith.table is so congested that we may find ourselves quickly out of eight.the bunnies game is must win.

kite,whare,williams good and hoppa solid.

agree with above.lyon is our thurston.

It was dissapointing but I could hardly see the game where I was so couldn't really say why. We've got a few injuries and young players so I'm still pretty happy were we are on the ladder. This is the time of the season we have to really have to start getting it together so I'm not as confident as I was earlier in the season.

Blue arsed is consistently dreadful.  If he's not injured I hope he gets a blue jumper because it will save us 6 howlers against the Titans and will make sure Queensland win 5 in a row.  He's living on reputation at the moment - the commentators will catch up to the dross he's dished up this year eventually.

We have a new nickname for Watmough...PRV.....Pressure Relief Valve.

Anytime we try to build pressure in attack or defence he relieves it with a dropped ball, knock on, missed tackle or stupid penalty. It's an uncanny knack he has going at the moment. He tries hard every week but it's just not really coming together for him.

Watmoughs been ordinary since after soo last year. Farrar, hoppa , trex and Rodney went well

That was one of the worst Manly forward performances I can remember. Almost downright disgraceful. If the supporters can turn up in the most atrocious conditions so can they. I don't know what choices the selectors have for Origin but King blew his chance to impress and Perry was a only a touch better.

Sure we had a very youthful backs line-up but I thought they were terrific. Whare with some great hits (he has really impressed me), T-Rex ran very well the few times it got to him, Hoppa was solid. Farrar turned his previous problems with the high ball into an inspirational display.

I hope the negotiations go well for TH and Foran as they were both ordinary. How many kicks went straight to the man, how many missed tackles (actually 7 between them), how many times was the kick not telegraphed to the other players and just not contested? I'm not going to completely blame them because the forwards didn't give them the space.

And back to our forwards. Ballin was good and there it ended. The Broncos just carved us up. Des has said "We should have won today". Maybe Des, but we never looked like it after the first 15 minutes. From then on we were absolutely and completely dominated.

Very disappointing indeed KE, mostly for the fans who braved the conditions.

Stew - I think it's BECAUSE of the contract negotiations we can't fix these things. Hopefully either the club or the players get off their arses and do something quick smart (whoever is delaying getting it done that is).

We have been the best pack on the field in every game up till today. Not leading 18 nil  cost us. Robbos dropped ball was the turning point. I thought the forwards were very flat and our backs, while willing, did not look like making a break. Foran was half fit and Hodko is not playing like he was earlier in the season. We were ambushed today and never really looked like it after the first 20 minutes. You can't win every week and this was one of those games. Sue is right that we have to win two of the next three or we are on a big slide.

Choc is likely to be out for quite a while. I have done a groin like that and they are very slow to heal. Our depth is being tested severely as well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6