1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VAVE

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by madmax, Aug 27, 2016.

1. madmax

madmax Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +569 / 63
    Manly Daily reports that Vave wants to stay at Manly & has NOT signed with Parramatta! Has received a formal offer & is still waiting on Manly to come up with something. WTH is wrong with Manly's retention committee?? He's been one of our best forwards all year & still no offer! If he stay we don't really need many more forwards! He'd be on a reasonable salary but not as much as say Gillett, meaning we can spend more on an outside back!!@

• Agree Agree x 8
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  2. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +653 / 6
    could be true, then again remember honest will hoppa? telling everyone after the gf win that he was hoping to re-sign with manly then it came out he was already gone

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. pjayz

pjayz Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,347 / 51
    I'd say we have a few irons in the fire and are waiting on the outcomes before going to plan B which seems to be Vave.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Nordburg

Nordburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +868 / 47
    Not sure he's worth re-signing.He's been good this season but that was because he was told to shape up or ship out.It seems he's another player that only produces in the yr his contract is up for renewal.Maybe if they just sign him to 1 yr contracts he'll become consistent but he won't go for that

5. Midnight Rambler

Midnight Rambler 'I'm all for a quiet life...'

Ratings:
    +335 / 14
    I don't know nordburg, he's been awfully consistent. He needed shoulder surgery when we signed him from the Sharks, his weight plummeted & he got stuck in the reggies rut. I was surprised that toovs, didn't take the same course of action that Barrett did. Vave has way too much NRL experience to be playing reggies. He's also the biggest guy we've got, seems extremely genuine about wanting to stay at Manly & is playing consistently well. I'd keep vave & Lawrence, but I'd punt starlo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Woodsie

Woodsie played strong, done good.

Ratings:
    +4,783 / 100
    As a player I rate him about 7.5 out of 10.

As a bloke who brings energy and enthusiasm both on the field and in the dressing room I rate him 9.5 out of 10.

I think his value exceeds his playing ability.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    I've seen other reports that he hasn't signed with the slime yet. I think the sticking point is the amount of dollars he's asking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Harvies elbow

Harvies elbow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,702 / 20
    I'd like to keep him. I think his form has been great. He dents the line consistently and he seems to bring spirit to the joint, when a big tackle is made or a great try, he's in there lifting the boys up.
    People bag his defence. I think it's good enough.
    But everyone has made really good points for and against so far so we'll see.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. nightster

nightster grumpy old bastard

grew up Manly now Byron
    Ratings:
    +1,426 / 43
    hope he has a blinder today :clap:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nordburg

Nordburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +868 / 47
    Not sure Lawrence is worth hanging onto.Has played a handful of games in 2 yrs,injury that's pretty chronic much like Matai and will be 32 come the start of next season.If the club is going to learn anything from the last few yrs is that they need to build from the bottom up.Work on developing young blokes that'll want to stay at the club and develop together to start a new dynasty.Look at what Penrith are doing.Whats another yr like the last 2 if we see a bright future with plenty of young players coming through

11. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,904 / 27
    The guy was dancing around on the field when eagle rock was being played. Based solely on this single action I say we keep him. :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    Parra have offered him twice what manly want to pay he either takes the bigger dollars or stays where he loves the place

13. Harry Smith

Harry Smith I think i'm actually a bloody Sea Eagle

Ratings:
    +734 / 75
    Must keep him at all costs... okay maybe not at all costs but he's worth every cent you give him mainly based on the fact that he loves manly and if we want to rebuild back to the best team in the comp for the next decade or so again, we need players like him. The pay cuts come later on as in the beginning of a new era paying a lot for the core of the future is vital.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. king2213

king2213 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 171
    yeah i would rather him than Nate Myles... it would be insane if we let Vave leave and kept Myles

Another Hiku/Gutherson for Wright/Walker recruitment situation

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,841 / 103
    In an ideal world we'd pay Doesn'tmatta to recruit Poo and Mr Plod and retain Vave.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Woodsie

Woodsie played strong, done good.

Ratings:
    +4,783 / 100
    In an ideal world Parra would merge with Cronulla, and the slippery guppies would oscillate between coming 2nd and getting the spoon.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. CBreeagles

CBreeagles Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,117 / 58
    Parra confirmed his signing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    No great loss. Liked his passion but too lazy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,116 / 287
    Interesting that Parra were knowingly cheating the salary cap, and basically hurt Manly the most by pilfering Foran / Gutherson.

0 compensation to Manly

Then, after re-signing Norman, Wicks, De Gois, Edwards, they go raiding Manly players again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. strone33

strone33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 29
    He's gone

Thanks Penns, Whale and Barrett