• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

madmax

Bencher
Manly Daily reports that Vave wants to stay at Manly & has NOT signed with Parramatta! Has received a formal offer & is still waiting on Manly to come up with something. WTH is wrong with Manly's retention committee?? He's been one of our best forwards all year & still no offer! If he stay we don't really need many more forwards! He'd be on a reasonable salary but not as much as say Gillett, meaning we can spend more on an outside back!!@

Last edited:
Manly Daily reports that Vave wants to stay at Manly & has NOT signed with Parramatta! Has rexceived a formal offer & is still waiting on Manly to come up with something.
could be true, then again remember honest will hoppa? telling everyone after the gf win that he was hoping to re-sign with manly then it came out he was already gone

Not sure he's worth re-signing.He's been good this season but that was because he was told to shape up or ship out.It seems he's another player that only produces in the yr his contract is up for renewal.Maybe if they just sign him to 1 yr contracts he'll become consistent but he won't go for that

Not sure he's worth re-signing.He's been good this season but that was because he was told to shape up or ship out.It seems he's another player that only produces in the yr his contract is up for renewal.Maybe if they just sign him to 1 yr contracts he'll become consistent but he won't go for that
I don't know nordburg, he's been awfully consistent. He needed shoulder surgery when we signed him from the Sharks, his weight plummeted & he got stuck in the reggies rut. I was surprised that toovs, didn't take the same course of action that Barrett did. Vave has way too much NRL experience to be playing reggies. He's also the biggest guy we've got, seems extremely genuine about wanting to stay at Manly & is playing consistently well. I'd keep vave & Lawrence, but I'd punt starlo.

I've seen other reports that he hasn't signed with the slime yet. I think the sticking point is the amount of dollars he's asking.

I'd like to keep him. I think his form has been great. He dents the line consistently and he seems to bring spirit to the joint, when a big tackle is made or a great try, he's in there lifting the boys up.
People bag his defence. I think it's good enough.
But everyone has made really good points for and against so far so we'll see.

I don't know nordburg, he's been awfully consistent. He needed shoulder surgery when we signed him from the Sharks, his weight plummeted & he got stuck in the reggies rut. I was surprised that toovs, didn't take the same course of action that Barrett did. Vave has way too much NRL experience to be playing reggies. He's also the biggest guy we've got, seems extremely genuine about wanting to stay at Manly & is playing consistently well. I'd keep vave & Lawrence, but I'd punt starlo.
Not sure Lawrence is worth hanging onto.Has played a handful of games in 2 yrs,injury that's pretty chronic much like Matai and will be 32 come the start of next season.If the club is going to learn anything from the last few yrs is that they need to build from the bottom up.Work on developing young blokes that'll want to stay at the club and develop together to start a new dynasty.Look at what Penrith are doing.Whats another yr like the last 2 if we see a bright future with plenty of young players coming through

Parra have offered him twice what manly want to pay he either takes the bigger dollars or stays where he loves the place

Must keep him at all costs... okay maybe not at all costs but he's worth every cent you give him mainly based on the fact that he loves manly and if we want to rebuild back to the best team in the comp for the next decade or so again, we need players like him. The pay cuts come later on as in the beginning of a new era paying a lot for the core of the future is vital.

Interesting that Parra were knowingly cheating the salary cap, and basically hurt Manly the most by pilfering Foran / Gutherson.

0 compensation to Manly

Then, after re-signing Norman, Wicks, De Gois, Edwards, they go raiding Manly players again.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2