Vave to Eels?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's been very good for us this year but this reaction to the apparent signing over on One Eyed Eel may be a bit over the top:

'if he can get massively fit he could be one of the best players in the game. Fitness is the only thing holding him back'

My bet is that within 6 months of moving there his fitness will be well down the list of problems as he'll be dealing with at least 2 of the following:
1. Contract/TPA dispute with Parra
2. Associating with criminals
3. Relationship breakdown
4. Gambling problems
5. Drug/alcohol addiction
6. Season ending injury
7. Charged with a criminal offence

Nothing personal against Vave, but history tells us that's par for the course over there.

I have followed Vave's career since day 1 and he has never been in better form which is surprising cause he was much fitter in the Storm system.

Gilly and Cartright stated in 2008 that Vave was the best young prop they had seen to date.

Why would we let our most game impacting player walk ?
He wouldn't of been on that much coin .

My bet is that within 6 months of moving there his fitness will be well down the list of problems as he'll be dealing with at least 2 of the following:
1. Contract/TPA dispute with Parra
2. Associating with criminals
3. Relationship breakdown
4. Gambling problems
5. Drug/alcohol addiction
6. Season ending injury
7. Charged with a criminal offence

Nothing personal against Vave, but history tells us that's par for the course over there.

That should be made into the "parra bingo drinking game!"

It may not be a case of the club simply letting him walk, no figures have been thrown around as yet so it could be that Parramatta threw a contract at him that Manly weren't willing to match given we have some youth coming through in that position with AFB, Knight and almost certainly Meehan, that we would place greater emphasis on holding on to.

F me now vaves is gone. That'll do me we have lost probably our best forward from 2017 to the eels and now we better start signing some players cause we have barley anyone for 2017. Sack Fulton how does he lose Vave wow!

F me now vaves is gone. That'll do me we have lost probably our best forward from 2017 to the eels and now we better start signing some players cause we have barley anyone for 2017. Sack Fulton how does he lose Vave wow!

There will be other signings with a few others to go as well no doubt. Vave has been good this year, but if the club see younger players like Knight, AFB etc as priority I can certainly see where they are coming from. Again provided there are some other signings and more deadwood goes.

There will be other signings with a few others to go as well no doubt. Vave has been good this year, but if the club see younger players like Knight, AFB etc as priority I can certainly see where they are coming from. Again provided there are some other signings and more deadwood goes.
Well vaves career will probably decline at parra seeing what they did to all of our other players. If this is to keep our young props like AFB, Knight and Meehan I'm ok with that but it better not be to sign another **** player.

whoever we get as a replacement it won't mean diddly squat if the coaching is crap ..

Last edited:
I hear they paid $7 million for 3 seasons plus TPA's.

I have him filed under Gower in the useless department.

Besides, if I put my hand through a fence 6 or 8 times and it was mauled by a dog 90% of time, would I keep putting it back through.

Vave is playing at his absolute peak atm and that is as an impact bench forward with poor lateral defense

I like him and applaud his effort this year but I do mot see him as a player we build towards a premiership with

He is this seasons Jesse S. A handy player who many (including me) love but realistically he is not going to be the difference between us and future success.

As an aside a pet hate of mine is "losing" players who are off contract. Due to the salary cap there is only so much a club can do

Massoud tweeted that he hasn't gone yet, but Parra have tabled a 2 year deal superior to what we have offered.

The bloke does live in Parramatta so from a personal level I can understand how much easier his working routine would be for him.

With players like Burgess and Mateo not being resigned, Manly should be able to give him a competitive offer for two years.
I wouldn't go over two considering his history but unless Parra are throwing him overs which given there past is likely we should come close to there offer.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6