Vave to Eels?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Vaves has been good. But if his exit means AFB or Knight can play every game next year. It's one of the better decisions Bozo has made for a while.

Lets prepare for the next decade. Vaves has one or two good year left in him and that's if he doesn't beef too much again.

The other two kids will only belong in first grade by then if we invest games in them.

We need this.

You're bang on the money, Vave has been valuable for us this year but Knight and AFB would take priority I think.

Vaves has been good. But if his exit means AFB or Knight can play every game next year. It's one of the better decisions Bozo has made for a while.

Lets prepare for the next decade. Vaves has one or two good year left in him and that's if he doesn't beef too much again.

The other two kids will only belong in first grade by then if we invest games in them.

We need this.

Agree mate, but it really gets down to price. You need at least 12/14 forwards to have depth. (6 on the field, 3 on the bench, and at least 3 to cover injuries/suspensions)

Vave is great bench value at a price.

He's been very good for us this year but this reaction to the apparent signing over on One Eyed Eel may be a bit over the top:

'if he can get massively fit he could be one of the best players in the game. Fitness is the only thing holding him back'

He's been very good for us this year but this reaction to the apparent signing over on One Eyed Eel may be a bit over the top:

'if he can get massively fit he could be one of the best players in the game. Fitness is the only thing holding him back'
Massively fit is probably how I'd describe him now.

The food for thought here is that the Eels with a well performing pack obviously believe he is worth the money.

Plenty of room at Manly for AFB, Knight and 10 other forwards as well.

Massively fit is probably how I'd describe him now.

In the game a few weeks back when we lost Lyon, DCE etc and had no reserves, Vave played the full 2nd half and ripped in. His lack of mins is down to Barrett not his fitness.

He must have been tapped because he wouldn't cost much and he finally turned his career around, lost a ton of weight and was a first grader again.

Last edited:
If I was Vave, I'd be wanting every penny up front.

That basket case of a club is about as stable as the Iraqi dinar.

Let's not forget the cap payments are guaranteed by the NRL, only TPA payments aren't.

Be surprised if he was on any form of TPA.

If true, that's another one of our current players gone.

Let's hope the son of immortal has a few aces up his sleeve that we don't know about, if not 2017 is looking to be a repeat of 2016 if not worse!!

We need this.
Plus Wills Meehan as well we don't need pizza boy Vave

We hear a lot about Willis Meehan. But it's a bit like the bogie man. Heard about but barely seen. How many 1st grade games has he played? Vave has the runs on the board for this year alone that would have Meehan covered. He's been the best go forward man we've had by a mile.
We don't need that??

Well, the decent forward pack I thought we were building towards for next year just took a hit. So that sucks. Hopefully AFB can step up to replace him next year.

I can see why he is leaving though, he is 27 and only just finding some form which doesn't give him a big window to make money. If I was him I would be taking the biggest deal I could get at this point, which is I am sure what he has done. Can't begrudge the man, I hope he can avoid the dreaded Parramatta curse that has taken so many before him.

I think Sam Tagataese is available 2017, what do you think about him as a decent replacement ? Plenty of fire off the bench

He's been good this year but I think we'll survive without him.
Till he comes back to haunt us. I just don't see it. He's played better than blokes getting probably 500k more and we let him go. He's done their f***ing job. And yeah let him go. We a becoming their feeder club if he goes to those slimy pr*cks

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6