Vale Richie Benaud

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Richie Benaud was great sportsman and a true gentleman...very sad to hear of his passing.

Last edited:
RIP.

The best thing Richie did was not to speak. His commentary was not 'hey look at me hey look at me', it was designed to get people to watch the cricket. Not to build his celebrity status (unlike some current commentators).

Go back and watch some of his commentary especially around the 80s, it's just so understated. Brilliant. An absolute loss to Australia and the World.

I know this will appear shallow and up myself but most Old/Ageing commentators really sound old, boring, missing a few braincells and not with the times---along with not finding them funny when they try to be.

With Ritchie I never once felt this way and it was always a learning experience whenever he spoke.

RIP.
The best thing Richie did was not to speak. His commentary was not 'hey look at me hey look at me', it was designed to get people to watch the cricket. Not to build his celebrity status (unlike some current commentators).

Cant help but echo the above.

Ritchie Benaud once said something along the lines of "the role of a commentator is to add to the viewing of the sport for the benefit of the audience. If you cant add something meaningful, then don't speak"

Cant have anything but the utmost respect for him as a cricketer, commentator & person.

At least show a bit of respect for the poor guy buy spelling his bloody name properly.

there is no T in his name, 4 time out of 8 mentions got it wrong. Other than that I agree with everyone, a sad day indeed

At least show a bit of respect for the poor guy buy spelling his bloody name properly.

there is no T in his name, 4 time out of 8 mentions got it wrong. Other than that I agree with everyone, a sad day indeed
Apologies Mr spell check. I promise I will get it right first time next time. Error has been corrected!

Sad for cricket and even more for his family and friends condolences to all
images.jpg

I took a promising young leg spinner over to Richie's home and he spent three hours in the park tutoring the young fellow. He then followed his career and gave advice whenever asked. Lovely, lovely man. RIP.

Met Richie once. Lovely guy. Smart cricket brain, great player and Captain, and wonderful commentator. He has left a lasting legacy for cricket around the world.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2